crash and ouch

doorcrasher

Registered
Hey guys. Wish I was typing under different circumstances but as they say there only two types of riders. Those that have been down and those that are going down. I’m now in the been down category. On my way in to work I was in the slow lane, when I noticed in the distance a car was waiting to pull out. I turned on my blinker moved to the fast lane. When I did this he pulled out to cross both lanes to go in the opposite direction hitting me just behind my right leg. I came off the bike tumbled for a little while came to rest in oncoming traffic. The guy who almost run me over had a 50 foot skid mark; thank goodness he had good breaks. Wound up with a broke foot. (Plate and screws.) Stitches on both knees and cracked two vertebras L2 and L3and a bunch of road rash. what a day!:please:

Get well soon.:please: When you feel up to it let us know what gear you were, or weren't wearing. Knowledge helps us all.

I had a Shoei x-eleven, Joe rocket leather jacket and gloves, no boots hens the broken foot. I have already thanked Shoei and Joe rocket for saving my life and most of my hide. The thing that chaps my back side is that when the officer came to check on me in the hospital told me the man that hit me is going to try and fight his ticket. atss. like wtf... :banghead:

Whoa, dude...that's rough. Very sorry to hear about the get-off.

Please be sure to let us know what you need and if we can pull it together for you...well, you know the story.

I would arrange to be sitting in court when that guy fights the ticket. Be a witness for the police for once. :laugh:

Glad you're ok!

Hate it that it happened to you bro--- make his stupidity fix you and your bike--- stupid drivers :banghead:
Hope you heal up quickly:please:

Wow! Very sorry to hear. Glad that you're OK, but you definitely got a rough deal. Take your time, follow the doctors orders and heal up well.

Unless you're were speeding significantly, it's unfathomable that the driver is gonna fight the ticket!!! :banghead: :mad: Definitely go to court as a witness.

Once again, a car turning left assumes right of way over a bike and the rider/bike get the short end of the stick.

Best of luck and heal well!

Back