Bent both of my rims

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
Long story short I was making a lane change from the number one lane to the number two lane on the south bound 15 in the Lake Elsinore area around 1830 when I hit a piece of 3X5 metal stock that was in the number two lane. I keep the bike up but it flattened both of my rims, and messed up the belly wing. State Farm is going to fix it for me for all of $100.

sorry to hear about the damage but i am glad you kept her upright (that must have been a bump and a half!)...no damage to you and you'll have her fixed back soon...yeah insurance!
muscle.gif

DOAH!!!!

Awesome job keeping the bike up!!!

Of course I wouldnt have expected any less of you and would have been surprised if you let a piece of 3x5 take you out
beerchug.gif

Man it happened to fast to crash, it was like I'm up they see me Im down.

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 20 2006,12:42) DOAH!!!!

Awesome job keeping the bike up!!!

Of course I wouldnt have expected any less of you and would have been surprised if you let a piece of 3x5 take you out  
beerchug.gif
I'll take some pic's of it before they fix it.

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,12:46) Wow!!

Glad you kept it up!

Did it blow out both tires??
The back was flat by the time I made it to Hemet, the front bleed down during the night.

Great on ya for keeping her up! Also glad to hear that insurance is taking care of ya!

The Cadillac behind me didn’t fair as well. It blew his front left tire and tore up his driver side door. The Cady drive said that he thought I was going down for sure. As soon I saw the obstacle I hit the throttle hard to unload the front suspension. My front end hit and up it came, then the back hit and up it came. So now I’m up in the air with a nose down attitude hoping that I don’t end up in a tank slapper. I come down front wheel first, I turn on the 4 ways and head for the shoulder with the Caddy right behind me (man that guy was pale). I checked the tires it make sure they were still up and headed home before they completely failed on me.

Did your fork seals make it??

Man, that had to have been one heck of a ride...
SHOCKED.gif

Dayuuuum.  Seriously glad you're ok.  LMK, I can come up this weekend and help with the labor.

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 20 2006,13:04) Dayuuuum.  Seriously glad you're ok.  LMK, I can come up this weekend and help with the labor.
StateFarm is flipping the whole bill!

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,13:02) Did your fork seals make it??

Man, that had to have been one heck of a ride...    
SHOCKED.gif
I'll have to let the shop decide that Charles.

(Gunnybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,13:43) Man it happened to fast to crash, it was like I'm up they see me Im down.
ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif

How many people got that one!!!

Glad you made it out ok, and sweet deal on the insurance
beerchug.gif

ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

(warwgn @ Nov. 20 2006,13:09)
(Gunnybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,13:43) Man it happened to fast to crash, it was like I'm up they see me Im down.
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

How many people got that one!!!

Glad you made it out ok, and sweet deal on the insurance
beerchug.gif
Only the other combatants in the house.

ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

I have had some of those moments during my desert races coming out of a cloud of dust while passing, I think the sudden suction from the butthole pucker factor helps keep you attached to the bike
SHOCKED.gif

(warwgn @ Nov. 20 2006,13:18) sudden suction from the butthole pucker factor helps keep you attached to the bike
SHOCKED.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Yhea I now have a prototype seat that I can market to Corbin.

(Gunnybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,16:29)
(warwgn @ Nov. 20 2006,13:18) sudden suction from the butthole pucker factor helps keep you attached to the bike
SHOCKED.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I bet that pucker factor helped to keep your shorts clean.
laugh.gif

(Busa Dreamin @ Nov. 20 2006,13:39)
(Gunnybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,16
super.gif
)
SHOCKED.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I bet  that pucker factor helped to keep your shorts clean.  
laugh.gif
I dont wear any.

Back