does anybody know what a haybusa is these days??

I had some teenage kid the other day acting like he knew a lot about bikes (it was quickly apparent that he didn’t know squat) and he asked me if mine was a “ladderâ€￾ bike. I said don’t you mean litter? He said "no dude they call 1000cc bikes ladders". I said okay, maybe that’s why the tag when I bought it said Ladder 49. He said yep, do a little more research on your bike and you will learn all kinds of cool stuff. I didn’t have the heart to bust his chops (he was with his girl) so I just got on and rode away.

I'm always getting the question of "how fast does it go". Also had a gas station clerk tell me that in India people attempt to make their mopeds look like busas and now that he is in the states his dream is to own the real thing, the guy was genuine.

There's actually a picture of one of those on here!:rofl:

I had some teenage kid the other day acting like he knew a lot about bikes (it was quickly apparent that he didn’t know squat) and he asked me if mine was a “ladderâ€￾ bike. I said don’t you mean litter? He said "no dude they call 1000cc bikes ladders". I said okay, maybe that’s why the tag when I bought it said Ladder 49. He said yep, do a little more research on your bike and you will learn all kinds of cool stuff. I didn’t have the heart to bust his chops (he was with his girl) so I just got on and rode away.

:rofl::rofl:you did the right thing by not crushing him infront of his girl :rofl:besides, if he was actually into bikes and had a genuine interest then it would be ok to school him but he seemed to be just like every teenager who thinks they are always right.:thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:you did the right thing by not crushing him infront of his girl :rofl:besides, if he was actually into bikes and had a genuine interest then it would be ok to school him but he seemed to be just like every teenager who thinks they are always right.:thumbsup:

Yeah I would have educated him if he was alone but you could tell he was trying to show off for his girl, so I just let him.

I stopped at a Gas station the other day and this woman gets out of her "minivan" and says nice bike, what is it? after I tell her it's a 'Busa, to which she says "Boosta"? Her next question is "is it for sale" I'm thinking to myself, lil mama you can't even pronounce the name of this bike, and you think I'm going to allow you to take ownership of it and attempt to operate it....my reply though was simply "no".lol

I love when the people who come up asking have Harley shirts on.:laugh:
Although, you wont get them to come up and ask when theyre in a "bunch", they just stare at it from a distance..now if youre at that same gas station alone? well then its a diferent approach altogether..:laugh:
that happened to me last week. surprisingly, the guy was pretty cool.

In the last few weeks i have had probably 3 or 4 people compliment my bike and gawking at it. Then they presume to ask "What size is it, a 600?", makes me want to die laughing:laugh:. How can any moron that knows just the least bit about motorcycles look at the size of the busa and assume it's a 600. Maybe they see the 1300 decals on the tail and think, no way, it can't be a 1300cc, it must be a 600:rofl:. Just funny how people always compliment my bike and not one person has known exactly what kind of bike it is. Dude at the gas station a month ago asked me if it was a buell:rofl:

Any question that begins with the bold above is a question that doesn't need asking. Only a moron could understand the answer, the rest of us will forever be in the dark. :laugh:

And your assuming these folks know "the least bit" about motorcyles. They may be thinking it's a really large scooter without a foot tray. :rofl:

Much like dealing with toddlers and old folks, when encountering these "precious souls", it's best to nod/agree, pat them on the head and move along. :laugh:

i got one for ya....last night i was out an about riding thru town and had to stop for a red light witch on the side of me was a white 4-door KIA. they had the nerve to ask me if i would like to race them, i said, "WITH THAT"!, they said, "well yea", i just shook my head and laughed, light turned green, never saw them again:moon:....now if you look my bike it's lowered stretched and just mean looking, any normal person would not ask to race me, especially in a KIA.
thought i would share this with yall... :rofl:

i got one for ya....last night i was out an about riding thru town and had to stop for a red light witch on the side of me was a white 4-door KIA. they had the nerve to ask me if i would like to race them, i said, "WITH THAT"!, they said, "well yea", i just shook my head and laughed, light turned green, never saw them again:moon:....now if you look my bike it's lowered stretched and just mean looking, any normal person would not ask to race me, especially in a KIA.

can't tell you how many times people pull up to me at lights and either rev it up or just floor it when light turns green to try to get to race them...you old broken down buick doesn't have a shot

You didn't race cause you were gonna lose :rofl:

Droid via Tapatalk

can't tell you how many times people pull up to me at lights and either rev it up or just floor it when light turns green to try to get to race them...you old broken down buick doesn't have a shot

LOL, im always left slightly torn when that happens..

Its that fear, deep down, where they might actually think they were racing..

Then you end up with them on the internet saying " i totally smoked a busa, d00d my v-tech kicked in and i schooled them"

Any question that begins with the bold above is a question that doesn't need asking. Only a moron could understand the answer, the rest of us will forever be in the dark. :laugh:

And your assuming these folks know "the least bit" about motorcyles. They may be thinking it's a really large scooter without a foot tray. :rofl:

Much like dealing with toddlers and old folks, when encountering these "precious souls", it's best to nod/agree, pat them on the head and move along. :laugh:

didn't mean anything bad at all by calling them morons. If people don't know what it is and ask, completely fine with me. What gets me is when people talk about previous bikes they had or currently have and brag about and have no idea what it is. Dude at the gas station last week was asking me about the busa, said he had a gsxr 1000 and had no clue what my bike was (and of course thought it was a 600), also claimed that he absolutely hated his bike bc it was soooo dang heavy, said he might as well be riding a harley???

didn't mean anything bad at all by calling them morons. If people don't know what it is and ask, completely fine with me. What gets me is when people talk about previous bikes they had or currently have and brag about and have no idea what it is. Dude at the gas station last week was asking me about the busa, said he had a gsxr 1000 and had no clue what my bike was (and of course thought it was a 600), also claimed that he absolutely hated his bike bc it was soooo dang heavy, said he might as well be riding a harley???

i can believe it too. that guy was lieing out his rear just to conversate with you. you should feel special:thumbsup: his gsxr100 is so darn heavy huh... yeah right...he probably never sat on a harley either... cause it's not hard to handle one of them either IMO i've rode a few.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not saying you were out of line calling them morons, but that term is almost NEVER used as a compliment. :laugh: And if it's true, well, the word is out there for a reason.

Morons are as morons do. :rofl:

Got ya 600 = cool :whistle: Thank goodness i'm not cool:rofl:Besides i'm too old to be cool anyway lol
I have gone out of my way to make sure as few people as possible know my bike is a Busa by removing the decals and kanji (cos I am in my fifties and no longer need to flaunt anything and, more importantly, don't want anyone to think I do), but I have to share this story with everyone. I was sitting at a red light on a service road when (I am not making this up) a stretched gixxer 1000 pulled next to me and nodded. Well, I know I am a bit old for this, but testosterone kicked in and by the time I hit 2nd he was in my mirrors. He caught up with me at the next light, raised his visor, and said: "is that a busa?" When I nodded he just grinned, as if to say "ah, that explains it!"

The people that matter know what we ride.

I would've embarrassed him until he cried.

my first ride on my new busa was to the Happy Frog. a local hangout for harleys. i parked right in front of the door and enjoyed every minute of them gaucking at it as the all stopped to look. have ridden with friends that have busa's but never realized the attention they were getting until i recieved the same as i suited up to hit the road. man its great to have a world class bike.:thumbsup:

Back