does anybody know what a haybusa is these days??

hemi

Registered
In the last few weeks i have had probably 3 or 4 people compliment my bike and gawking at it. Then they presume to ask "What size is it, a 600?", makes me want to die laughing:laugh:. How can any moron that knows just the least bit about motorcycles look at the size of the busa and assume it's a 600. Maybe they see the 1300 decals on the tail and think, no way, it can't be a 1300cc, it must be a 600:rofl:. Just funny how people always compliment my bike and not one person has known exactly what kind of bike it is. Dude at the gas station a month ago asked me if it was a buell:rofl:

Sweet buell bro. :rofl:

I had a guy ask me the.other day if my bike was "The Hayabusa" yep, this is it, you found it. :lol:
Droid via Tapatalk

Try having a bio hazard logo in place of the kanji. People have no idea.. I like when the guy at the has station doesn't know what bike I have but tells me that I will ruin my bike with regular gas. Wish I was a fuel disbursement technician...
Posted via Mobile Device

just cracks me up when people ask "Is that a 600?", a 600cc sport bike looks like a bicycle with some plastics thrown on compared to the girth of the busa

I had a guy say wow nice bike what is it. So I say it's a Suzuki. Then he goes yeah I ride all the time, I have gixxer 1000. So I say nice mine is a HAYABUSA ! Then he says oh that's a hayabusa? obviously he has never ridden anything in his life !

The cop that pulled me over the other day sure as hell knew what bike was.......he thanked me for not running on my Hayabusa and then said you don't see those around much.

I was thinking to myself, you don't see them much because we are usually doing mach II.

Yeah. the only question I seem to get is on the Hayabusa is "what year is your bike?". It really messes with the younger folks when they hear thesound of the Walter Wolf RG500 after I'm five bike lengths ahead of them at 70mph. After they get spanked, I say "gosh, I'm twice your age, it's only a 500 and it's 25 years old, you must have missed a gear!" lol

How bout this one... "Busa's ain't THAT fast... my 600 will leave it behind!" Yes... this has been claimed MANY times by the local moped riders in my town. All I can do is chuckle:-)
Posted via Mobile Device

let's not label people morons who are not knowledgeable about motorcycles. instead, let us inform and educate them in a manner which represents motorcyclists in a positive manner.

If I walked into a musical instrument store, I couldn't differentiate a $50 dollar bass guitar from a $5000 bass guitar. this doesn't make me stupid; i just don't know anything about guitars.

just something to keep in mind my motorcycle brothers. thanks for reading.

let's not label people morons who are not knowledgeable about motorcycles. instead, let us inform and educate them in a manner which represents motorcyclists in a positive manner.

If I walked into a musical instrument store, I couldn't differentiate a $50 dollar bass guitar from a $5000 bass guitar. this doesn't make me stupid; i just don't know anything about guitars.

That's all fine and dandy for the ones who don't claim to know all, been there done that, and have spanked a busa before on their ninja 250. I myself do talk with many people who are curious and not azzhats, but for most of them who know all I just call them out and most get embarrassed and move on trying to explain and justify to their gf or wife how they just got made look like a azz of. I do that when riding any bike, I like how the little kids get the biggest kick when they see a motorcycle. I had a little guy one time(probably 5-6 yrs old) that just kept pointing and telling his mom he wanted to sell his bike and get one of those(when I was riding the DRZ400SM done up in Monster Energy graphics) She said he a one of those little electric motorcycles and rode it all the time and had went threw so many batteries from him just wearing them out.
Bikes bring out all kinds good and bad.

I have informed couple of nice guys who have come up to me asking question and they have let me know that they like bikes but dont know anything about them. What make is it? How fast it goes? What model and engine size? Ect ect... Im more than glad to anwser any question they got.

In the other hand I not so glad when someone comes up to me and after I awnsed it a hayabusa, they reply... Oh, I had one of those, but mine was the 1000 engine???

We all started somewhere, I did ask lots of question too once, but I didnt go and make it seen like I knew all about it. I didn't even knew what they meant we they said "cc" when they refered to the engine size.:laugh:

I swear that this one time i was stopped at a light and this um dude, drove up beside me and asked me if my bike could beat a busa....???. I swear it really happened. I was so confused by that question I asked him to repeat what he said. And wouldnt you know, he asked the same thing again:rofl::rofl:. so I answered, THIS IS A HAYABUSA, DUH....then drove off quickly when the light turned green before he realized i just owned him. but considering the question, it prob took a while before he realized what i said:poke:

Back