Busa vs 600 Gixer

jetsetter

Registered
I know this is very sad, but I was riding through town today when a guy on a 600 gixer with no muffler rides up beside me and starts revving his motor and lurching the bike as if to indicate he wants to race. I thought he was joking, of course, but then we pulled up to a light. While there he turned off his motor (his bike was very loud) and asked me "is that thing quick?" I still thought he must be joking, so I laughingly said "yea it's pretty quick". But then it dawned on me, maybe he really doesn't know what a Hayabusa is. So I asked him if he wanted to race, of course he said that he did. I followed him out of town, the whole way he was acting a fool pulling wheelies and just generally being a tard. When we got out of town we started out rolling about 50 mph, and of course everybody here knows what happened at that point. What I don't get is how out of touch would a person have to be to think a 600 has a snowball's chance of taking out a busa.
I know people get caught up in bench racing and numbers and they really believe that "if they guy on the busa isn't a good rider the (fill in the blank) can take him, but in reality the rider will make a difference in close match ups, but I can't imagine a rider on a busa that couldn't take a 600 on the highway from a roll.

I guess the stupidity was getting to me and I needed to vent, I feel better now.:boohoo:

There's probably more than a few 600's that could take a stock Busa until 150. But my experience from the old me, was that they simply want to see the Busa not beat it.

Similar situation happened to me. I just finished beating a Ford GT and we both came to the next red light. I talked to the guy and we both admired each other's vehicles. The light turns green and we both take off at a leisurely pace - you know, the race was already decided. Along comes this guy on a bike way over in the far left lane laying on the tank with head turned and looking over at me as he went screaming past. Of course the GT and I both nailed it. I caught the bike and overtook it and I never saw him again. I imagine it was a kid on a 600 by how easily I got ahead of him but I really didn't get a good look. I've always assumed he just wanted to see what the 14 would do. I can't believe he would think he had a chance. Either way, he knows now.:lol:

Mythos

Back in the days, I raced bigger bikes just to see how I'd do. I knew I'd lose on my 600 versus a faster bike, but half the excitement was just being in a race.

There's probably more than a few 600's that could take a stock Busa until 150. But my experience from the old me, was that they simply want to see the Busa not beat it.

This may very well have been the case. But I have to disagree with the first part of your statement. Of course I am mainly referring to the circumstances of this race (50 mph roll). I have ridden with a few guys ridding 600's and they are not competition for the busa. They are too wheelie happy to take off at low speeds (at stock length of course) and don't have near enough power at higher speeds. Besides, don't most of them top out in the 150's. I scream past that speed. I know there are exceptions, but as a rule...:rulez:

i know when i got my 08 over a year ago a dude on a brand 600 gixxer rolled up to me at the light. The light turned green and he nailed so did i i flew right past him god love TQ and 180HP :laugh: he rolls up at the next lights flips up his lid and says dam that thing is fast i yell back yes it is.

Had a smilar experience. My Busa is still stock. It was a Honda 600. I have come to conclude, from other riders I have met commenting in compliment what a "Sick" bike the Busa is, that there are some riders out there that don't have a clue!

It's just the little brother trying to irritate the big brother... just a little "family" fun... :laugh:

I guess he learned that you don't mess with "big brother" :thumbsup:

my buddy has a 07' GSXR 600 & no matter what gear he nails it in, Nite Train walks him down @ half throttle. Just the way of the beast
Posted via Mobile Device

We have nothing to prove. We know we are the fastest. Others have proven that. We can just ride and look good, Oh and smile at the smaller bikes. I'm not making fun because we have a 600 and it is a blast to ride. The hayabusa is a totally different ride. Don't jump on a gsxr1000, they're pretty dang close. We have one of those too.:thumbsup:

If you have only ever ridden a 600 it probably does seem really fast to you and Im sure you would think you could keep up with anything, Until of course someone shows you otherwise, Then I wonder how long it is before there at a dealership looking at the Busa after they got spanked.

I have a 02 1k and it can give my 08 a run for its money until 150mph...then the busa shows its longer legs! But, either way I am lucky to have both of them.

I like 600's but come on.... you think you can take a busa on straight away power!!! But now when it comes to a lot of corners then the tide turns!

If you have only ever ridden a 600 it probably does seem really fast to you and Im sure you would think you could keep up with anything, Until of course someone shows you otherwise, Then I wonder how long it is before there at a dealership looking at the Busa after they got spanked.

I know that's true. I had a 1200 Bandit before my first Busa, and I can remember reading all the stats and doing all the math. I thought that being the fantastic rider I am :whistle: that I could beat a Busa in a quarter if he wasn't an equally fantastic rider.

I was wrong in a big way! My wife and dad gave me a ride to the dealer to pick up the Busa and followed me home. After the first few miles on the highway I knew it was way faster than the Bandit, and that was doing nothing more than rolling into the throttle in 6th gear. I was so impressed that I stopped and told dad that it was way faster than the Bandit. He said "it can't be that much faster". The first chance we got to ride, he rode the Bandit and I rode the Busa. Both his and my minds were forever changed, and it was then that I learned that all the bench racing in the world can't prepare you for reality. :beerchug:

Back