08 busa vs 08 gsxr1000

Tbusa08

Registered
me and my buddies were at a bike night in my area n this guy with a gsxr1000 was their and apparentley after i left he started talkin saying he would beat me in a race and he is stock and i have brocks exhaust n powercommander n i asked him to race when i was their but he said no and i was tellin my buddies how i beat a zx-14 with my girl on the back at a 70mph roll not sure the year of the zx tho and he said i was full of it and the zx14 will eat busas with no problem and i was just laughing when i herd him say that after i left.

If you beat a ZX14 in a 70 MPH roll on with your girl on the back then the guy on the ZX14 must have weighed more then both of you combined there is not a big enough difference between the two for it to be a bike race as opposed to a riders race... I have owned both and they are VERY CLOSE!!! dynoes dont do the ZX14 justice it has a more effecient ram air then the busa real world numbers tell the tale... I believe Wheelie a member on this forum has yet to match the numbers he ran with his IDENTICALLY MODDED zx14 with his 08 busa. Just a thought.

why would you race with your girlfriend on the back? does it help more with the aeordynamics than the hump?

ohthedrama.gif

the guy just came bye me on the highway real fast i caught him n then he hit it when i got next to him then i hit it and passed him pretty quick so from my experience it didnt seem like they are close in a race but then again he was probly mostly stock and i weigh 140 n my girl weighs 115 n the guy was probly 160 180 tops. he had slip on pipes not sure the year tho

Sounds like Toledo hasn't changed much. Headliners was nothing but shid talkers. Stock 1K vs a modified Busa, the Busa would win everytime.

Check out the Ohio Riders site. Ohio-riders.net
beerchug.gif

did you use to go out to their? yeah they are you should here some funny stuff they say like one guy made me laugh really bad he was like yeah i beat a stretched busa on enterprise racing the other day and he has a modded 600 n i was like ya if you had twin turbos lol

If both bikes are equally stock or modified, do NOT take the 1000 CC Supersport bikes lightly. These bikes are wickedly quick and monsterously fast, Yes the Busa is a little quicker and significantly faster but a missed shift or a bad launch on the Busa against a 1000CC Supersport can spell looser. And no matter how you slice it a check mark in the win/loss column is a check mark in the win/loss column.

me and my buddies were at a bike night in my area n this guy with a gsxr1000 was their and apparentley after i left he started talkin saying he would beat me in a race and he is stock and i have brocks exhaust n powercommander n i asked him to race when i was their but he said no and i was tellin my buddies how i beat a zx-14 with my girl on the back at a 70mph roll not sure the year of the zx tho and he said i was full of it and the zx14 will eat busas with no problem and i was just laughing when i herd him say that after i left.
i beat 06 gsxr1000, which suppose to be as bad as 08 gixxer with excellent rider and lowered with my 07 zx14 with brocks full system in roll on and drag by couple of bike length and i am ok rider. so looks like your friend smoking something.
rock.gif

08 busa and 08 gixxer stock are very close and it comes down to rider's weight and how skill the rider is. (END OF STORY)

The bike matters little.

It's what's between the ears, not between the legs that counts!

I've been riding for 34 years and no way I am as fast on the busa at 50 as I was on my BMW R100S at 20 on a twisty road.

Skill and balls beats horsepower every time.

I have both with a real good rider the stock 08 GSXR 1000 will take the stock 08 BUSA in 1/4 mile.

Back