does anybody know what a haybusa is these days??

let's not label people morons who are not knowledgeable about motorcycles. instead, let us inform and educate them in a manner which represents motorcyclists in a positive manner.

If I walked into a musical instrument store, I couldn't differentiate a $50 dollar bass guitar from a $5000 bass guitar. this doesn't make me stupid; i just don't know anything about guitars.

just something to keep in mind my motorcycle brothers. thanks for reading.

You probably wouldn't say that you used to have a bass but it had 9 strings.

It's all good if someone wants to find out about my bike, believe me I will tell them all day.. I think its when "my buddy has a R6 and does 8 flat in the quarter" or " my cousins cbr is way faster.. but its in the shop"

Its better to keep quite and let'em assume your a fool then to open your mouth a remove all doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

People dont see my bike around town to much because I think there is only one other and it is a 2002. So mostly I get stared at or occasionaly get asked what kind of bike it is. I even had a harley guy tell me that his road king could beat it in a quarter mile once. I laughed and said good luck with that, show me a video or it didnt happen.

I dont get to many kids in my town that dont know what it is or pretend to know what it is. Most of the people were I live are gear heads.

I had a kid on an R1 say "does that thing wheelie? Can you get your knee down? and the best part of it all "Ive never seen one of those wheelie before I didnt think they could, thought they were just for pimping out"

I always get crossed looks from people. Ecspecially when Im in a shop and tell them I ride a Busa. Ive had 3 different shops go outside just to check..lol
Anyone ever get the "What type of bike do you ride ?" Then answer a Hayabusa and you get the "Stare" (as their brain is some how trying to google it for them ) Then the reply which kills me, "Never heard of it, how many cc's...!? WTF...Really:rofl:

In the last few weeks i have had probably 3 or 4 people compliment my bike and gawking at it. Then they presume to ask "What size is it, a 600?", makes me want to die laughing:laugh:. How can any moron that knows just the least bit about motorcycles look at the size of the busa and assume it's a 600. Maybe they see the 1300 decals on the tail and think, no way, it can't be a 1300cc, it must be a 600:rofl:. Just funny how people always compliment my bike and not one person has known exactly what kind of bike it is. Dude at the gas station a month ago asked me if it was a buell:rofl:

i get the same thing!! I got gas one day, went in to pay, dude said "nice bike, what is it?" I said "Hayabusa" is said " man, i never heard of that" ??????:rofl: I said "do a search bro...." and walked out dumbfounded :poke: have people been living under a rock for the last 12 years? :whistle:

You probably wouldn't say that you used to have a bass but it had 9 strings.

It's all good if someone wants to find out about my bike, believe me I will tell them all day.. I think its when "my buddy has a R6 and does 8 flat in the quarter" or " my cousins cbr is way faster.. but its in the shop"

Its better to keep quite and let'em assume your a fool then to open your mouth a remove all doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah i had a guy come to my house selling steaks door to door:poke: yeah, i'm for real:rofl: after talking to him he noticed my Busa sitting on the porch, he said (don't know why either? ) "i got a honda 1400 that will smoke that thing" WTF.. really? I said pretty cocky " you know where I live bud, bring er on down and we will see... his response .. "o, I live in Columbus so i'm not down this way much"... yeah... that's what I thought:rofl:

When my friends asked how many cc I said 1340 and how fast does it go I said it's got a limiter on it so it's restricted to 186mph :laugh:. Two of my friends said I should have got a Harley.

I'm always getting the question of "how fast does it go". Also had a gas station clerk tell me that in India people attempt to make their mopeds look like busas and now that he is in the states his dream is to own the real thing, the guy was genuine.

My Streetfighter / Naked Busa has no Busa or Suzuki badges anywhere.
I often get asked what it is.

My standard answer is...
"Some of it was a Hayabusa in a previous life" ...... :laugh:

Was at a bike shop one day,
the salesman looked at it for several minutes then asked...
"What year TL1000 is it"
I told him a TL1000 is a f"rkin' V-twin !!!!!

My standard answer is...

"What year TL1000 is it"

I like the street fighter Busa, well most of em. Anyway, I was at the nyc bike show last year and there was a fightered Busa, my friend had no clue what it was. I had to point out places on the frame and compare it to the one next to it.

Droid via Tapatalk

I like the street fighter Busa, well most of em. Anyway, I was at the nyc bike show last year and there was a fightered Busa, my friend had no clue what it was. I had to point out places on the frame and compare it to the one next to it.

:thumbsup:

I wouldnt mind building one with a Spondon / Martek style frame one day.
Make it shorter and lighter, plus folk really wouldn't have a clue! .....:laugh:

The streetfighter looks arent always to my taste,
but keep it short and light with a Busa motor and you know it'll be fun !

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Conversation with my mother:

Her - "What kind of bike did you get?"

Me - "A Hayabusa."

Her - "What country is it made in?"

Me - "....Japan!..." (Duh!)

Her - "Well, how was I supposed to know?! - 'Hayabusa' doesn't sound Japanese!"

Me - "Oookaaaay, Mum..." :rolleyes2:

Ha ha!
A guy shouted out his window at me at the lights "is that a turbo?" I just said, "it doesnt need one!" I got a sticker off ebay like the lorries in the uk have which say 'limited to 70mph' but mine says 'ltd to 200mph'! My mates jelous and pretends his yam thundercat 600 goes 200.

brave is another word for stupid!

My standard answer is...

"What year TL1000 is it"

and that guy WORKS at the dealership!! WOW :rofl::rofl: nobody knows what they are talking about anymore :rofl:

I love when the people who come up asking have Harley shirts on.:laugh:
Although, you wont get them to come up and ask when theyre in a "bunch", they just stare at it from a distance..now if youre at that same gas station alone? well then its a diferent approach altogether..:laugh:

I love when the people who come up asking have Harley shirts on.:laugh:
Although, you wont get them to come up and ask when theyre in a "bunch", they just stare at it from a distance..now if youre at that same gas station alone? well then its a diferent approach altogether..:laugh:

Yup. was at the boat dealer Friday buying a part for my bassboat and as I was leaving one of the mechanics in a harley shirt came out and said "Hayabusa"? I said yeah and he commented "beautiful bike"! I'm sure he wouldn't have done that had his bros been around.

Back