does anybody know what a haybusa is these days??

Great thread.

As for me, I don't mind when someone asks a genuine, curious question about my bike. I don't mind answering, even a conversation if I'm in that kinda mood. Little kids are great too - on the road, I always give them a :peace: when they look over, and I can see their excitement.. kids remember that stuff forever- I still remember "interactions" with bikers and truckers back when I was single digit ages. When stopped and a kid walks by with their parent, staring, if they stop to look, I'll offer the kid a sit.. sometimes the parents take a pic of them. I don't mind that stuff one bit.

Now the dumb$h!ts who approach (you can ALWAYS identify them by the dumb facial expression) who say "Yea I've got a Kawahondayamazukati1100gsxr1R10ZX at home, but (fill in bike alibi here)" are a different story. I will call them out every time. IF I even entertain the convo to begin with. No, you're not expected to know everything about bikes, but you ARE expected to not act like you do.

:afro:
You can also tell the idiots by the gear they wear. Normally theyre wearing less than enough gear and know everything. i swear some people just have to lie about what they ride and what they know... especially I guess they're out gunned..
I saw a dude with the jankiest vest on riding a r1. Like seriously.. you're not even going to put on some proper boots? He had seriously some converse on.. It's not even that expensive to get some riding boots anywhere, I got mine here but revzilla has a better selection http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/mens-motorcycle-boots.htm ...seriously is like 80 bucks that'll save your ass.

much respect at (new) workplace- even the younger guys know what they behold... it's an icon after all!

You know whats fun for me? I own a 2000 Busa and a 2008 B King, most people don't have any idea what a B King is. They look at the B King from their bike and think they can kick its strange looking ass. The fun is they have no idea it has the Busa motor and from a stop light they are toast!

When I had my gen1 turbo Busa, I had the front fairing supported so I could ride it without the lower fairings. The turbo was hanging out in the open behind the front tire. I went to a cruise-in with bikes and hotrods. You would be surprised the amount of people who know the term "turbo" but don't know what a turbo actually is. I had more people ask me what the round thing (turbo) was on my bike.

You know whats fun for me? I own a 2000 Busa and a 2008 B King, most people don't have any idea what a B King is. They look at the B King from their bike and think they can kick its strange looking ass. The fun is they have no idea it has the Busa motor and from a stop light they are toast!
But there's differences in that 1340, it is not 100% a busa motor, so to speak, but you're correct. The two bikes are different and great.

As I noted elsewhere, the Busa was an attention-getter at Sturgis.
My son (Hayabusa) and I (CVO Harley) were gassing up in North Platte when a young dude on a 600 CBR Honda circled the block and turned around to see the Busa, which apparently is very rare in those parts. Had long jaw sessions about it.

Back