What is thr best sprocket size for gen2 haybusa from the performance side

I always drop one tooth on the front on stock bikes,
Not much affect on chain adjustment
and makes a big difference.

And I am similar weight *

With the aerodynamics of these new motorcycles ~ you do not need to lower the gear ratio to go fast *

With the aerodynamics of these new motorcycles ~ you do not need to lower the gear ratio to go fast *

I see all these posts you put up, and I read most and think wtf is this guy smoking? Do you sit around and just try and say something witty? Dropping one tooth on the front sprocket and aerodynamics have very little to do with each other. Gear ratio has everything to do with accelerating 800lbs up to speed. You actually believe that a Gen 2 is so more aerodynamic that what gears worked on the gen 1 is not needed on the gen 2 because of "aerodynamics"?

Redbull, Ohh I got it now just noticed your a "Professional Pilot", now I understand! Sorry for assuming you were smoking something! :beerchug:

Redbull,
Oh I got it now just noticed
your a "Professional Pilot",
now I understand !

Sorry for assuming
you were smoking something !

:beerchug:

1st I would like to thank you for reading items that I post ~ however I have been known to avoid some threads *

b7p16.jpg

To drop one tooth in the front on every motorcycle might have worked in our last century . . .

In fact we would both increase acceleration and top speed on some older bikes *

However, when your motorcycle can reach the limiter in high gear ?

Then it is aerodynamically efficient to go even faster !

FAT guys like me might need to drop a gear.

But the lighter skinny guys do not .

Just some food for thought.

Have a good day *

Red, *<(;{)-

Last edited:
And as stated previously, the OP is about 230lbs and I am as well. So when I said "I" have always dropped a tooth on the front I was in fact speaking of myself. Not smaller lighter individuals. First you say "drop a tooth or loose 40lbs" I say drop a tooth as I have always done and Then you say "with modern aerodynamics, you dont need to change gearing" Then you say fat guys need it but skinny guys dont. The OP and I are 230lbs, is that skinny?

Last edited:
And as stated previously,
the OP is about 230 lbs
and I am as wel l.

So when I said "I"
have always dropped a tooth
on the front I was in fact speaking of myself .

Not smaller lighter individuals .

Living in Florida there are plenty of low elevation flat highways . . .

I would imagine your bike will reach the limiter ?

All I am saying is that it has more *

Perhaps you know that .

Red, *<(;{)-

Nope never hit the rev limiter. But no need to go 195 either. Even with the lower gear, never hit the rev limiter on top end runs.

Back