DNA vs BMC vs Pipercross

i got more power when i took out the filter. down here i dont need a air filter. give a try

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
After installing the Papercross, did I feel/notice the extra 1-2 hp?

Um, no. And I didn't expect to.... I got the Pipercross for the maintenance longevity, so I don't have to buy paper filters 3 times a year.[/quote]

Did you tune the bike to the filter

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
After installing the Papercross, did I feel/notice the extra 1-2 hp?

Um, no. And I didn't expect to.... I got the Pipercross for the maintenance longevity, so I don't have to buy paper filters 3 times a year.[/quote]

Did you tune the bike to the filter[/quote]
I don't run a PC-III, so, no, there was no tuning performed.

I pretty much use my K8 strictly for long-distance touring, and I am not exactly struggling to go down the road with the stock 173-ish horses right that come right out of the crate.....
cool.gif

Dyno run numbers coming as soon as Greg gets the thread together
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

BTW, let me mention, that as a sponsor and just by being a straight up honest guy Greg gets business as it is...but...IF you have a chance to go to the shop please go, Greg is beyond nice, super friendly and he and the wife make sure you have an enjoyable time at their shop. Give Greg the opportunity to show you how much of a genuine nice guy he is in person
beerchug.gif
Mental note: Don't stare at the dog, don't give him people food (not that I did)and no he will not bring you the ball, he will only tease you with it and dare you to take it...Thanks to Greg and the Mrs. for being great hosts
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Wish I was in the area to pay him a visit, but he will definitely be getting my business. Thanks again Greg. Thanks also to you too Lycan.
thumb_up.gif

Wish I was in the area to pay him a visit, but he will definitely be getting my business. Thanks again Greg. Thanks also to you too Lycan.
thumb_up.gif
I agree... so far I've gotten the TiForce 4-2-1-2 380mm system and a Pipercross filter w/cleaning kit from him, and I'm sure there will be more to come in the future. (On that note, Greg, do you sell steel brake lines for the '08? I'd really like to get the steel lines and the Galfer Wave Rotors for the front. If you have all that, can you PM me with a price?) Oh, and Greg is extremely helpful to us insufferable newbies to the Busa kingdom. Just wish I could make it to MD for a dyno tune session. Thanks!

-Dustin

I have a 04 GSXR 1K with a 2mm overbore kit (tons of other extras) I Dyno'd the bike with the OEM filter, and then switched it out with a BMC Race filter (you can hold it up to the light and see through it). I was very disappointed. After the next set of runs I could not see ANY measurable gains on the Dyno from the filter swap. I do find comfort in the fact that I have a reuseable filter though...

Ended up with 179 HP and 87 ft. lbs of torque (nothing to you 1300 CC guys...lol), but nice for a 1K...

Busa in the future for me though...12 months and this one is paid for..

nice job! a friend just told me almost similar results on his dyno 250i (with busa K8)and also without PC or remapping the stock ecu (teka,yoshibox...)

It's a pity you did not test it with the baffles out; was wondering what the power would be.

Alright gang stay tuned, we will see what Greg decides to test on my K8 next, of course like I said to Greg, "hey if it benefits the Org members, test away!"
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back