DNA vs BMC vs Pipercross

Not to step on any sponsor's toes, but I dropped in a K&N last week and my butt dyno tells me I gained some power.
wow you can tell 1 or 2 hp?    or were you running one of these to start...

burton2a.jpg

really I wish I could feel 1 or 2% hp changes
laugh.gif
You'll feel it more in the throttle response than any flat out, wot "holy s@#T" what a diff kinda way. If you pay attention to all aspects of the throttle and not just wide open pull (which most small mods won't affect much on their own anyways) you'd be suprised what you can feel
winkold.gif
Plus you do a few small mods at once and even a "not so sensitive butt-dyno" will feel a difference
laugh.gif
Its the cumulative effect that mods have that makes a difference...not so much a single mod on its own (a couple hp here, a couple there...it adds up). Plus mods complement each other. A filter on its own will help a little...so will slip-ons. But together they make each other work MUCH better...that applies to all mods
laugh.gif
Smart modding will always make you happy
thumb_up.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not to step on any sponsor's toes, but I dropped in a K&N last week and my butt dyno tells me I gained some power.
if you would see a dyno on the k@n they flow less than a oem filter

wee
On the K8 Busa?  Maybe in SOME applications, but I know for a fact that K&N outflows many OEM's.
ok you win, k and n is the best flowing air filter.  
laugh.gif

wee
rofl.gif
bs.gif

if you would see a dyno on the k@n they flow less than a oem filter

wee
On the K8 Busa?  Maybe in SOME applications, but I know for a fact that K&N outflows many OEM's.
ok you win, k and n is the best flowing air filter.  
laugh.gif

wee
That wasn't necessary was it? Did I say it was the best flowing on the market? No. In fact I admitted on another thread that other "late comers" probably outflow K&N. But your blanket statement that OEM's outflow K&N is just wrong. (in MOST applications) You are going to tell me that a paper OEM filter is going to outflow a oiled cotten filter? That would make the joke on you. Sure there may be a FEW cases where an exceptional OEM filter may perform better, but I'm sure that is more rare than is the norm.

wow you can tell 1 or 2 hp?    or were you running one of these to start...

burton2a.jpg

really I wish I could feel 1 or 2% hp changes
laugh.gif
You'll feel it more in the throttle response than any flat out, wot "holy s@#T" what a diff kinda way. If you pay attention to all aspects of the throttle and not just wide open pull (which most small mods won't affect much on their own anyways) you'd be suprised what you can feel  
winkold.gif
 Plus you do a few small mods at once and even a "not so sensitive butt-dyno" will feel a difference  
laugh.gif
 Its the cumulative effect that mods have that makes a difference...not so much a single mod on its own (a couple hp here, a couple there...it adds up). Plus mods complement each other. A filter on its own will help a little...so will slip-ons. But together they make each other work MUCH better...that applies to all mods  
laugh.gif
 Smart modding will always make you happy  
thumb_up.gif
What he said.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back