DNA vs BMC vs Pipercross

I use PIPERCROSS RACE, they claim 2-3 hp alone!
beerchug.gif
GREG@ HPC here can hook you up

There has actually been several threads "trying" to discuss which filter is best, but weirdly, nobody that actually knows will chime in. I'm pretty sure that the several board sponsors that post dyno results have done time with different filter, but seem not to want to touch this subject. Hmmmm

There has actually been several threads "trying" to discuss which filter is best, but weirdly, nobody that actually knows will chime in. I'm pretty sure that the several board sponsors that post dyno results have done time with different filter, but seem not to want to touch this subject. Hmmmm
I bet they are all within 1 hp of each other.

wee

splitting hairs in this dept and do not forget the stock OEM filter... (works just fine too) More a matter of personal preference I would say.. (Pipercross here because I got a great deal on it)

There has actually been several threads "trying" to discuss which filter is best, but weirdly, nobody that actually knows will chime in.  I'm pretty sure that the several board sponsors that post dyno results have done time with different filter, but seem not to want to touch this subject. Hmmmm

wee
Well, there is only a couple of horsepower to gain from these filters to begin with, so it's going to have to be close. I just wish someone that actually knows, dyno time, could at least confirm. The real benefit from a race filter may not come unless you have a 1392 or turbo. Someone looking to eeck out that extra 1 or 2 horsepower may want want a filter, but for me and having to not clean and oil every 1500 miles vs a stock filter is enough for me to keep stock. And, I don't feel it's worth the extra couple of horsepower, I'm sure some feel differently.

2008 thread .

The DNA has almost 20% more area vs the 2008 OEM filter . 20% larger equates to that much more flow potential should you have enough engine under it to use it.

I'll take a DNA over the other brand filters myself and the DNA brand has some nice integrated touches for other models like the late model Z1000 that actually makes some HP ,yet has been absent from the USA market until now .

A KN filter for the ZX-9R is actually around 1/3 less filtering area than OEM so do your homework with other make and models .

I like the Pipercross and I can sell or get all three. Pipercross also has a Lifetime warranty. Its all we put in our tune jobs these days.
thumb_up.gif

wee
Well, there is only a couple of horsepower to gain from these filters to begin with, so it's going to have to be close. I just wish someone that actually knows, dyno time, could at least confirm. The real benefit from a race filter may not come unless you have a 1392 or turbo. Someone looking to eeck out that extra 1 or 2 horsepower may want want a filter, but for me and having to not clean and oil every 1500 miles vs a stock filter is enough for me to keep stock. And, I don't feel it's worth the extra couple of horsepower, I'm sure some feel differently.
its not going to show on the street, but at the drag strip the mph will tell.

wee

There has actually been several threads "trying" to discuss which filter is best, but weirdly, nobody that actually knows will chime in.  I'm pretty sure that the several board sponsors that post dyno results have done time with different filter, but seem not to want to touch this subject. Hmmmm
Ryan Schintz has a dyno comparison of a BMC Race vs Pipercross vs stock on his site. The BMC Race makes the most power.....and gives the best throttle response
winkold.gif

Ryan Schintz has a dyno comparison of a BMC Race vs Pipercross vs stock on his site. The BMC Race makes the most power.....and gives the best throttle response  
winkold.gif
If you have a pre-mapped 2008 Hayabusa and want to compare the three filters let me know. The Pipercross RACE needs to be on a mapped bike it flows that much, I call it a tuners filter. We have a ram air simulation set-up here with a 17 to 1 air exchange per minute in our dyno room and the Pipercross is tough to beat anywhere in the RPM range.

Just need one bike, we have the three filters here and its not just because we sell the Pipercross. Just call me and let me know when your comining up and we will post the results here, the room stays the same temperature all day with the climate control so apples to apples is pretty simple. We will run the bike at the same engine temp for each test as well. Free filter for the test mule. Should be done in an hour.  
whistling.gif

thumb_up.gif

LMK

I'm in the market for the best filter as well for the street, but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that the peter pipercross filter isn't recommended for the street, probably because the element has too large a pore to not stop particles from slipping into the engine???

I'm in the market for the best filter as well for the street, but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that the peter pipercross filter isn't recommended for the street, probably because the element has too large a pore to not stop particles from slipping into the engine???
RACE means race for the pipercross, unlike some of the other filters where RACE is just a word...your application sounds like you need a street filter which we have.  

High filtration and high flow performance usually don't go hand in hand. Many of the people that need a RACE filter use no filter so the Pipercross RACE steps in with added protection and maximum performance.

thumb_up.gif

DNA & Pipercross

<center>
Filters001.jpg
Filters003.jpg
Filters007.jpg
</center>

<center>
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/Grand%20Opening/Filters001.jpg" target="_blank">
th_Filters001.jpg
</a>
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/Grand%20Opening/Filters003.jpg" target="_blank">
th_Filters003.jpg
</a>
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/Grand%20Opening/Filters007.jpg" target="_blank">
th_Filters007.jpg
</a>
</center>

RACE means race for the pipercross, unlike some of the other filters where RACE is just a word...your application sounds like you need a street filter which we have.  

High filtration and high flow performance usually don't go hand in hand. Many of the people that need a RACE filter use no filter so the Pipercross RACE steps in with added protection and maximum performance.

thumb_up.gif
Hook me up with the best filter for the street. 1 or 2 HP extra on a bike is a huge difference from just a filter.

1 HP on a bike is the equivelant of 10 HP on a car, so I'm not complaining
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
Hook me up with the best filter for the street. 1 or 2 HP extra on a bike is a huge difference from just a filter.

1 HP on a bike is the equivelant of 10 HP on a car, so I'm not complaining
thumb_up.gif
You'll definately feel a difference with a filter
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I ran the PiperCross filter today, last week I ran no filter, it mph the same in the 1/8th mile, must flow well, you have the saftey of a filter to catch stuff. I cant speak for the BMC or DNA, but if the mph is the same as no filter it must be good. Thanks HPC for the filter

wee

Picture_2664.jpg

like MM stated above...you need enough engine to use it... if the system already free flows at stock displacement, then all you may gain is a re-usable filter..

Back