Sprint Polyester Air Filter

haya4life

Registered
Has anyone used the Sprint Air Filter that Brock sells? Any results? It's suppost to be better than BMC race filter, Pipercross and K&N.

Just as long as everyone realizes that if you have a filter that breaths better you're probably given up a little protection for gain.

Has anyone used the Sprint Air Filter that Brock sells? Any results? It's suppost to be better than BMC race filter, Pipercross and K&N.

The only benefit I see is you don't have to wash it, re-oil it. @ $92 each.......to save a bit of maintenance labor...meh...

Just as long as everyone realizes that if you have a filter that breaths better you're probably given up a little protection for gain.

That is my biggest concern. Also they say NO WASHING, and just use compressed air to blow it clean and re-insert....What about oily grime that cakes up on the filter? How does that oily grime come off. So compressed air can magically clean polyester? Uhhhh, a polyester suit still requires dry cleaning when you sweat on it..lol Is this special polyester?

Would Brocks sell crap? They seem pretty reputable. I love my ceramic Alien Head full race exhaust! I will try calling them and see what they say. If the drag strip racers use it as a one time air filter for competition purposes at $92 a pop, this is not for me! I ride in all kinds of weather year round.

Here is what they claim.....anyone buying in to it?

Sprint Filter with P08 has reinvented the concept of a special air filter. Unlike materials like cotton which fiber breaks easily or sponge that is inconsistent under pressure but an innovative polyester material that allows an air passage to be constant and calibrated

Sprint Filter P08 is an air filter that provides a zero-maintenance practicality. Just remove the filter from the airbox, blow it clean with compressed air and re-insert it in. No washing or oil treatments required!

FABRICS OF FILTERS

The filter is composed of cotton yarn very large, the polyester filter instead consists of much smaller yarns and micronicamente calibrated. Thanks to this type of construction the polyester fabric allows a better filtration combined with a good air permeability, as shown by tests performed. IT IS NECESSARY say that as regards the cotton fabric results obtained were not constant, this is due to the weak structure and mobile of cotton gauze, the following data are, however, best obtained. With respect to the polyester fabric data have remained constant and precise.

AIR PERMEABILITY

The diagram shows the air permeability of fabrics in 20mm H2O, the values ​​obtained with the polyester are higher than those obtained with the cotton: litri/m2s 5.050 against 4900 litri/m2s cotton.

EFFICIENCY FILTRATION

The diagram shows the filtration efficiency of the two fabrics, it must be said, however, that the test was carried out in water and not in the air, all to the advantage of the cotton, whose fibers swell have allowed for better filtration efficiency, however, the polyester has obtained the best results, holding 93.13% of the particles of 100 microns against the 76.42% of the particles of 100 microns retained by the cotton.

THE REALIZATION

Sprint Filter creates over 50 years innovative products made ​​with the most sophisticated and technologically advanced materials: from aluminum, steel, and then move on to materials in polyurethane foams and compact disks to get to plastics all kinds of fine carbon and kevlar. The entire process of manufacturing our products is done internally with sophisticated equipment design and production: designed with advanced three-dimensional cad-cam our filters and extraction systems are built using molds developed with numerical control machines and realizzatiinfine with modern machinery for molding plastics and dispensing of polyurethane.

Is it more geared 4 the track or everyday riding?? Might not be something you want 2 run on a daily riding type basis

The only benefit I see is you don't have to wash it, re-oil it. @ $92 each.......to save a bit of maintenance labor...meh...

While I do have love for K&N filters and have used them in my Audi's for years, I hate oiling them. I buy two just so there is no down time and I can swap out immediately and clean the other later. I always wonder though no matter how lightly you oil the filter, that maybe some oil residue does get in the intake manifold. I hate clean the intake manifold, worse, cleaning the Mass Airflow Sensor, even worse, replacing the Mass Airflow Sensor! :banghead:

Ok spoke to Brocks Technical Support rep. The filter is made for the drag strip is what he said. They don't know if you can use a cleaner like K&N cleaner to clean off any dirty oil residue so just blowing it with air backwards like they say to do will not really clean it in my opinion. Also, they don't know how it will react if it ever gets wet. So that did it for me. I thanked the rep, hung up, and bought a K&N...... product and lack of answers seems overrated.

I would've gotten a BMC or Pipercross air filter.... it's been proven that the K&N filter actually restricts air flow and HP more than the stock OEM paper air filter

There's a thread on here or another busa forum where they show Stock, K&N, And BMC dyno #'s from the same bike. The stock filter out performed the K&N. U don't have 2 take my word 4 it. Just look @ what most guys are running... BMC seems to be the preferred filter. Look what brand is paired with most performance packages.... it's not K&N. Again my opinion is not gospel, I just did a lot of google/research when I was in the market for an air filter and an overwhelming amount of riders/ forum members recommended BMC and Pipercross.

Ok spoke to Brocks Technical Support rep. The filter is made for the drag strip is what he said. They don't know if you can use a cleaner like K&N cleaner to clean off any dirty oil residue so just blowing it with air backwards like they say to do will not really clean it in my opinion. Also, they don't know how it will react if it ever gets wet. So that did it for me. I thanked the rep, hung up, and bought a K&N...... product and lack of answers seems overrated.

ok so i know this is a thread that is so old it was chiseled on stone but i contacted brock by email on this sprint filter issue and they emailed me back and said that using this filter for the street is absolutely fine. So based on that I bought one. I may never know for sure either way but I dont think they would mislead anyone. despite the different answers. Perhaps more r and d was done during this time frame in question. Now I have a bmc race filter i barely used back in the box... didnt even clean it yet... oh well.

I guess no one picked up on the micron size . A non oiled filter with more finer holes will flow more while filtering better . Polyester is tougher than cotton so that is how you can use compressed air on it unlike k&n warn no compressed air use .

I like the stock Suzuki filter. I have a BMC in one bike and a stocker in the other and can't say I see a difference at the drag strip.

I put a Sprint in mine last year,had a K&N years ago on the turbo bike and think I was guilty of always over oiling the damned thing.

Back