few questions about air filters-race

hemi

Registered
installed my bmc race filter a while back when also installing my brocks full system streetmeg/pcv on my 08. Can't stop worrying about the race filter in there letting a bunch of crap in. I'm sure it won't cause any ill effects what so ever by the time i sell the bike, but i can be a little ocd at times lol. Could care less about an xtra 1-2hp using a race filter, just want to make sure the engine is well protected. Have read great things about pipercross filters, was thinkin about tryin one out or re-installing the stocker, what do u guys think. My options are: deal with my ocd dilemna and the bmc race will be just fine, purchase another filter (pipercross)?, or re-install the stocker

if you aren't racing it, just put the stocker back on and ebay the BMC

I used the bmc race on my 05 busa for about 10,000 miles. I always made sure to check the air box for dirt with a white cloth when cleaning the filter and never did notice much of anything. I'm like you though as the miles went by I started to get concerned about dirt and the 1-2 HP wasn't worth it. I got the bmc street filter and compared the 2 holding them up to a bright light. Really couldn't tell any difference in the thickness. I also had an older k&n which I compared and it looked a little thinner to me then either one of the bmc filters. I ended up leaving the street filter in. I have heard the pipercross filters are good and might check one out for my 09. Just my 2. I still have the BMC race and a clean stock filter for an 05' if anyone is interested.

thinkin about buyin the bmc street version. Could throw the stocker back in, but i like the idea of bein able to clean my filters and re oil them when needed, and the stock filters ain't cheap for a one time use filter

If your concerned about it then you could always do the street version or like a K&N or really anything i havent heard of any of those actually causing engine problems. I havent with the race filters either but if youd just rather be safe then sorry i think this could be a good way to go.

think i will go ahead and order the bmc street filter. Was doin some research on pipercross and about to buy one, but figure i already have the cleaning kit for the bmc filter so i might as well just stick with it

will give me a little more peace of mind running the street filter, i guess lol. Plus i can still clean and re-oil it every weekend:rofl::rofl:

installed my bmc race filter...Could care less about an xtra 1-2hp using a race filter, just want to make sure the engine is well protected.
Okay, I have to ask: If you don't care about increasing performance, and its filtering ability worries you, why the bloody hell did you install it?

main reason i installed it was when i ordered my streetmeg full system and pcv through brocks, and ej recommended the bmc race filter for max performance with this setup, also the only aftermarket filter they sold

i had a bmc race filter on an f4i i had and rode it through EVERYTHING. dust/rain/whatever. i cleaned it less than was called for but that bike still ran perfectly after over 15,000 miles with that filter. as long as you clean it regularly, you won't have any problems. but trading someone for the regular version may be worth piece of mind. the regular version has twice as many layers, i think...

Back