Which air filter

Jim44

Registered
Shop suggests pipercross for max performance - do I really give up that much by just staying with stock air filter which is cheaper and easier to maintain - if changing what about BMC they seem pretty good also - as always your thoughts are appreciated -

a clean stock filter is fine IMO.. I got a long deal on the pipercross so bought one.. did not notice any difference but I did clean it this weekend for the first time in 15K... I think it may have helped a bit..

I think as far as filters go the number one most important bit is whichever you have is clean. I don't see a huge gain in any after market other then you can clean it whenever you want vs buying a new one.

If you have to replace the filter, Pipercross race is a good filter. However, you won't get much (1-2hp) if anything from it so stick with the OEM if you are unsure.

Brocks' recommends to stay with the stock filter with a stock(piped and PCIII) motor or run no filter on the track. They've seen no gains on the K8 with the aftermarket filters.

there was a thread somewhere comparing stock to k&n to pipecross on a dyno, stock out performed them all I believe.

AFWIW.. I would never run a "race" filter on the street.. just a personal thing about having small crap going through my motor.. Race filters are for the big chunks only..if you live in the southwest and there is a lot of silica in the air

AFWIW.. I would never run a "race" filter on the street.. just a personal thing about having small crap going through my motor.. Race filters are for the big chunks only..if you live in the southwest and there is a lot of silica in the air

"silica" as in the carsenagentic that causes cancer silica???

Back