Did I do the right thing?

Hey Tech, where did you find the 6.8k resistor?  Also, the switch.  Sounds like an awesome mod, please let me know. Thanks,
Mark.

Also, does it void the warranty, cause I got the extended warranty. Thanks again!!

Yes it will void a warantee. BUT if you need to take the bike in for work you can remove the TRE. Mine is hard wired and not a plug in. It would take me 30 minutes to completely remove it and restore the wiring harness to stock. A plug in would take minutes. The TRE will not affect the engine in a bad way. It can't. So Suzuki is using it as a technicality to get out of fixing a bike.

Just never take your bike to a shop for warrantee work with the TRE on the bike. I do my own work now and really enjoy it. But for those of you with time on your warrantee, you might want to get the plug in TRE just to make it easy on yourself.

techbum - are you talking about the instant surge from throttle off to throttle on? I assumed that was my linkage and or chain tension. Otherwise on my 2003 i don't seem to have any hesitation. What about quick takeoffs and row thru the gears and such. Noticiably quicker? I don't understand what the timing retarding is causing. I'm a engine moron

This is such a common problem across the intire service industry. I have owned many vehicles in my 30+ years of driving and found the best thing to do is say screw the service. Learn how to fix it yourself.
biggrin.gif

WWJD,

I felt the surge in turns. That would upset an otherwise stable turn. After the TRE, the power delivery was more stable and the turns were more smooth because of it.

You may have noticed that when idling around town at slow speed the bike can't settle into a single speed. It will lug down in 3rd so you shift it to 2nd and the RPMs come up. Then the bike with alternately accelerate and decellerate. Sort of a bucking feel. The TRE fixes that.

Yes... the Tre removes the throttle off, throttle on split second hesitation. Much smoother.....and safer in my book...don't worry anymore about easing the throttle going around corners. It's right there when you want it. Also keep in mind, the engine won't brake as hard down-shifting.....takes a little getting use to, but I think it feels the way it should now. Before, I felt that the bike slowed to hard on the down-shift....sometimes it would pull me forward. As far as the pulling in the lower gears...I can't tell a difference because the Busa to me, feels like getting shot out of a cannon anyway. Got my 6800 ohm resistor at Peerless Electronics here in Louisville. $ .30 cents. Something else not mentioned....Its a 1/2 watt resistor. They do come in different watt usage. Don't know if it matters but that is what they advised. Hope this helps.....Rocket On!

Okay, thanks for the info. I want this thing now.
1 resister = $.50
1 hour of my labor = $.50
Restoring Busa to orignally designed smooth, quick, unrestricted glory

= PRICELESS

Back