Doing the right thing...

bowdown.gif
You saved at least one life that day!
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

When I was taking my busa in for service my father and I went in to the showroom,my little brother is turning 18 and has been riding dirt bikes since he was 8.He already said he wants a sportbike, so my father asked the same salesman that sold him the 4 dirtbikes my brother had about "the R1 up front",mike (the salseman)asked who is it for?when he heard my father was asking for my little brother, he answered very fast "I am so sorry but you will not be sold that bike,not by me anyway!At first I was kind of offended,I think my father was shocked by that response.Mike then told us why "I've sold your family 5 bikes already,and would like to sell you more".We were then taken to the 600's and told only because I know he (my little brother)has been riding since he was 8 would I even think of selling him one of these.On the way home my father said "I,ll never buy a motorcycle from anyone else,how often do you see a salesman that will -not- sell you something"? SO YES YOU DID DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was definitely the right thing to do
beerchug.gif
if there were more people like you, there would be fewer crying parents, spouses, and children!

Good stuff Tango! I'd buy you a beer if i lived closer!!
beerchug.gif

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 01 2007,07:25) Good stuff Tango! I'd buy you a beer if i lived closer!!
beerchug.gif
I'll make that ride and share one with for still serving our Country. When my arm heals fully I plan to regain my flight status and get back with DS2 so I can continue to do my part.

My thanks goes out to ALL those who supported me in my decision not to sell to a kid. In my experience, its been a very rare moment that I could walk into a motorcycle dealership and find a salesman who even knew what passion was other than receiving a paycheck. Our dealership is a very small town one... we are fortunate that the previous owner was a motorcycle racer that only had the dealership to fund his racing. This left us with a new Dynojet and a vast array of specific tuning tools. I am the Sales Manager and ONLY salesperson. I answer directly to the owner and him alone, other than God above.

I cannot and will not say that I can beat any other dealer's price... most sell in huge volumes and get more incentives than we do. What I will do is shoot it straight and do my best to change the name of "Stealership" into FRIENDSHIP.

Thanks for everyone's support! Now I am getting away from the computer and going to ride my bike til my arm starts to hurt!

Thank you for not only
saving his life, but maybe
even the life of someones
friend or family member
beerchug.gif

If a bar can be sued for serving a drunk too many drinks before he kills someone out on the highway;

If a major fast food chain can lose a lawsuit for MAJOR bucks because of some spilled hot coffee;

If a burglar can break into a house, break his leg and win HIS lawsuit against the innocent homeowner . . .

. . . it's just a matter of time until a motorcycle dealership gets sued by the family of the guy who wiped himself all over the road just after he bought a bike he was no where near competent to be riding.

When are parents going to learn that buying **** for their kids in lieu of good parenting is lazy, undisciplined and irresponsible. And they wonder why their kids grow up lazy, undisciplined and irresponsible (among other things).

Ya done good, bro. I'm really glad to hear it.

--Wag--

Hm, I know of a case where a bar got sued for serving too many drinks and that was because the bar kept giving the person drinks and running up their tab.

The lady that spilled hot coffee on her had to have reconstructive surgery on her vagina.

I have heard a burglar suing only because the homeowner used exessive force.

Alot of what you hear in the media you only hear generals and not the specifics.

As far as not selling a liter bike to this 18yr old its heads or tails. He may be a bright and talented kid or he just may be another dumbass.

The guy that killed himself in 30min was 26 or something.

People can kill themselves in just about everything. Its probably a good idea that someone start off small and then work their way up. And in some maybe rare cases they just pick it up the first time on a big bike.

Did you do the right thing yeah probably. The main thing is that you showed genuine concern and that is definitely a good thing. Always.
race.gif

beerchug.gif

KUDO's..., My hat's off to you! Hope you also steered them towards the moto safety class.

When I bought my busa recently at Sky Power Sports in Lakeland, Fl, they did the same thing. Asked me a bunch of questions about my riding experience and such. A GSR1000 is not a good first bike. Oh and a typical 18 yr old would not have the self control. Hell, I'm 44 and sometimes get a wild hair to twist the throttle off! I've had 6 bikes before the busa.

You did good. I see that you are just up the road form Houston. What dealership do you work for?

(landmissle @ Apr. 02 2007,07:16) When I bought my busa recently at Sky Power Sports in Lakeland, Fl, they did the same thing. Asked me a bunch of questions about my riding experience and such. A GSR1000 is not a good first bike. Oh and a typical 18 yr old would not have the self control. Hell, I'm 44 and sometimes get a wild hair to twist the throttle off! I've had 6 bikes before the busa.
I also bought mine at Sky (in Hudson)... and they also asked me about my experience.  I think being a 38 year old woman helped things a bit, as I'm not going to be showing off (quite
wink.gif
)  as much as an 18 year old boy.

Having a conscience is a good thing.  Maybe you helped the Dad have some realization of what his son was getting into.

At least you can sleep at night knowing you did the right thing.

no need for me to preach, the choir has already done it for me.

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif

When I bought my busa I wasn't asked any questions about experience. He just asked me if would rather have a gixxer 1k, said it was actually a little faster in the quarter. I told him that I would rather have the comfort of the busa and all he asked was how I wanted to pay for it. I think what you did was great.

Back