Deer hunting with a Hayabusa

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Oh deer!  We started out with a great sunny day and was really focused for a mid week ride. 6 of us headed for the foothills.

The mojo was workin felt really solid and confident rollin with my local buds. After a great lunch in Nevada city Calif. We hit hwy 49 for some fun twisties ...  then BOOM!  I look down and see a deer with antlers into my left side fairing. I didnt see him coming but knew instantly what was happening. I thought for a split second I hope I could save the bike but the next thing I know I am sliding ... rider behind said I was on top of the Buck for a second or 2. I hit 2 mud puddles and had deer shxt all over me. The Busa was spinning and eventually flipped. I am ok in fact really good compared to the Busa and the deer didnt make it. It was alive after impact and crawled off but the local hillbilly's shot it and hauled him away for dinner.

Bad news is my baby is broken ( plastics, left side case, tank ... ) good news is she is insured and I didnt get hurt ( wear your gear! )  Joe rocket leathers are messed up.

Another good thought is; I was just thinkin ... how could I con my wife into thinkin I should have a 2008?  
cool.gif

Oct2007_misc_154b.jpg

Sorry this happened but glad you are ok

08 here you come!
cool.gif

Kent, oh my gosh.... Glad that your Okay, gear gear gear! Just get the insurance co to total it and then you can have an 08 worked for me
smile.gif

When you find the way let me know so that I can do it too. Glad that you are OK, hope that you get the Busa fixed and get an 08.

Wow Kent, I'm so sorry it happened! Very happy you're OK, did your Speedmaster leathers protect you well? Keep us informed about everything. Doyle

Glad to hear your fine, Ken! Hurry up back in the saddle.
thumb_up.gif

Another good thought is; I was just thinkin ... how could I con my wife into thinkin I should have a 2008?  
cool.gif
Damn bro , glad you are okay ! Manatrader got hurt when he got his this year .

And on the quote , Tell her that they are faster so that if you had that bike you would have already been past the point where the deer was .

WOW kent! damn thats a big buck to! your alive!!!! Glad your OK and so sorry about your baby

Wow Kent, I'm so sorry it happened! Very happy you're OK, did your Speedmaster leathers protect you well? Keep us informed about everything.   Doyle
Actually Doyle I was rather suprised they didnt do better. The armor did very well, but I didnt slide that far I think and my left arm has some rash on it because I think the elbow armor moved upon impact and it was just the spandex material protecting me so I got some razberry there and puffy bruising. Also the air scoop on the left shoulder ground down to nuthin. Anyway again I wasnt hurt really at all and I am just glad I was goin so slow. We have done tripple digits in the general area but that section had some homes and driveways ... so I am think less than 50 mph.

Mud & poop on the Speedmasters

Oct2007_misc_170b.jpg

Another thing I was really shocked about was how poorly a job the frame sliders did.

Fur, broken plastic and bent sliders

Oct2007_misc_166b.jpg

WOW !!!!!!!!!  We were just there a Few Weeks Ago.
SHOCKED.gif

Anyways GLAD YOU ARE OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThumbsUp.gif

"Goodtimes Kawasaki and Suzuki" here in Sacramento has a Blue and Black 08 and a Gold and Black with Black Wheels. Time too Upgrade !!!

PS: On a Personal Note " Get Back in The Sadle ASAP " before You Lose your MOJO
biggrin.gif

The frame slider save the case cover, thus keeping the oil in the bike and that my friend would have been a bad thing if she was still rideable and it had cracked on impact.

Ty,  the case scuffed and cracked on the left side other wise I coulda rode her home. I was just surprised that both side frame sliders were bent. They were ground as expected but also bent and the bike didnt slide more than about 50 ft or so ( I think )  anyway still glad it wasnt worse I just thought for not too much speed the woulda held up a little better. makes me kinda wonder how bad a high speed crash would be.  
wowold.gif

DeerHunting1b.jpg

Back