Hit a deer with the Harley

Wow, so glad you guys are OK!! I definitly would have enoyed me some deer steak on BBQ last night. :whistle: Heal up quickly!!! :thumbsup:

glad you both ok.....you sure contact didnt just shake the meat off it? :rofl:

Now where are the pics?

Steve, little Miss Heidi went into shock, so I had my hands full. After getting her back to normal, she wanted to go look at the deer, but the two Canadians who followed us suggested this was not a good idea, as the results will upset her more.

After the incident we hung out for a while looking at scenery, then went to Chateau Morrisette Winery just off the parkway, tasted wine, loaded a case of wine into the tail bag :laugh: and rode home about 150 miles.

One of the CSR's at the winery told us that a girl came wine tasting a few weeks ago, and was killed the next day on the parkway with a Harley, same thing happened.

I can post pictures of deer guts, a missing turn signal light and markings on the primary case, but that is about it.

Glad you were able to stay upright, and that you and Heidi are OK.

Glad to hear you two are ok. I don't think you could have asked for a better outcome from something like. Living in Iowa, i'm always on the look out for deer. I know it is going to happen sooner or later.

A change of drawers and a cold beer needed for sure after something like that! So relieved to hear you & the wifey did not go down Willem. *wipes brow*

Deer remain my biggest fear while riding....especially in the region you guys were riding in.

We need to put a bounty on those critters!!!
I rarely take a ride when I don't see at least one.
The other day, on the way home from work, I saw 5. Three dead, and two (still) live ones. Just waiting for someone to jump in front of.
Deer = Evil!

Dam Canadians stopping to help, we are never gonna shake the nice guy image,,, serious glad you guys are ok.

Back