Watch out for deer

tclause

Registered
I don't know when all of the states begin their deer hunting season but the deer really move during that time period be careful. It is bow season here and I had been riding black tops well within the speed limit wink wink and a doe jumped out in front of me. Thank god for good threshold braking I missed it. However you could not have driven a needle up my rear with a sledge hammer.:laugh:

Last edited:
They are bad news. I luv Nevada: you can see critters comin' from a
long way off.

Deer are thick here in S.W. MO. Youth hunting season starts this weekend (for a week I think), followed by regular gun season sometime next month.
Since all the good twisties around here are out in the woods, you have to watch real close in the mornings. I've had a few close calls but so far, so good.

Deer are thick here in S.W. MO. Youth hunting season starts this weekend (for a week I think), followed by regular gun season sometime next month.
Since all the good twisties around here are out in the woods, you have to watch real close in the mornings. I've had a few close calls but so far, so good.

I'm in central MO. thanks for the info

Muzzleloader starts Nov 7th in NH, and rifle season for both VT and NH the Saturday after.

Got Venision ?

Deer Stsg.jpg

Soooo...any stories to tell about "deer whistles"? I've seen powered versions and "Ram air:laugh:" versions. Does anyone have an opinion?

Here in SC, hunting season always seems to start too late. Literally, I see 2 new splattered deer on the interstate every morning on my way in. Enough to make me hang my helmet up during these times...had one run beside my car 1/4 mile last week.

Soooo...any stories to tell about "deer whistles"? I've seen powered versions and "Ram air:laugh:" versions. Does anyone have an opinion?

Here in SC, hunting season always seems to start too late. Literally, I see 2 new splattered deer on the interstate every morning on my way in. Enough to make me hang my helmet up during these times...had one run beside my car 1/4 mile last week.

People I know use this model of ram air.

Deer Warning, Animal Alert, Accident Prevention - Arvada, Colorado

They say they work and they are inexpensive.

I've never used any , cause I roll with the " Force " .:thumbsup:

Moose too!
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

That picture above is just crazy!

I hit one last year at about 40, at 1 p.m. IIRC, it was late summer/early fall. Go figure. It was not too far from the lake though. He lived, but his butt sure hurt for a while. My upper front took the hit - headlight and all around. I only saw him a few ft in front of me, up in the air already. I locked the front and lowsided. Should not have bothered to brake too aggressively. I would've hit him no matter what. If I kept her up I wouldn't have broken the left peg and the tip of the shifter which is normally use for shifting. At least my stator cover held up, I think partially because I strengthened it with a layer of sheet metal glued on top with Marine Epoxy glue.

The sad part was I just rode 100 miles to get to the twisties, and within first 20 min - boom. Well, I rode 100 miles back without the left footpeg and with the broken shifter, in traffic too. I learned there were many positions your body may assume while sitting on a bike. Shifting was pretty challenging.

I had sore muscles later on, but I was glad that I had been working out which surely helped with this challenge. Avoiding cramps in the left leg, foot and upper leg was challenging, too.

I am glad it's in the past. DMV should conduct some deer classes - I mean among deer, not people. I don't know..., make a huge screen in the middle of the forest and continuously show them how to stay away from roads and how to cross roads safely. :rofl:

Or maybe put a chip with a receiver in every deer, and equip every vehicle with a transmitter. :rofl:

Last edited:
i installed deer whistles on day 1 of bike purchase...i live in NY were there are many deer..and in 5 yrs of riding only had 1 close call but it was a fawn and i was only doing 45...not saying they work but they are cheap and easy to install and i have them in the front cowl by the radiator...everyone i have heard hit a deer i asked them if they had whistles installed..they said no...

Back