Hit a deer with the Harley

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Cruisin Blue Ridge Parkway in VA, speed limit is 45, doing 50 watching a Beemer and a Concours tailing me, I took my eyes of the ball and only saw I guess this 90lb deer when he was 10ft away. Came out of the forest and hit us on the left side, it happened so fast, all I can remember is holding on, kept the bike up. Wifey riding as passenger the footpegs seem to have done most of the work, we both thought our left legs were broken, but lucky, only badly bruised. Deer got killed, guts over the bottom of my tail bag.

Can't believe how lucky we were, bruised left legs and I have a sore wrist, the only thing wrong with the bike is a bent horn, missing left indicator light and bent licence plate.

The two cruisers stopped and helped, both were from Canada.

I am glad this was not the Busa, it would have destroyed all the plastics on the left side. The primary case, footpegs and rear shock took the hit, just deer hair and skin as evidence.

Oh wow! I'm glad you were able to stay upright and neither of you were seriously hurt! Good job keeping it all together. The deer have been really bad around here this season...

I guess Harley's ARE good for something!

Seriously tho...glad you are both just bruised and not injured more. Road rash sux!
Posted via Mobile Device

Always a superb conversation piece, to have guts all over your bag. Glad no one was
harmed.

Wow... not too many rider survive a deer hit like that. Way to ride it out!!! :bowdown:

Glad you made out ok and didn't go down...I see you are in NC, I had to double check because one of my neighbors up the road a little ways was just telling me today about hitting a deer with his harley and keeping it up.

PS: The deer broke the rules, ban it~!!~

Last edited:
I guess Harley's ARE good for something!

SHHHHH! Don't say that out loud.. Then all the Harley guys will use it for bragging rights..

haha..

Really glad you're ok.. I've seen them deer do bad things to cars, wouldn't want to imagine it on a bike!!!

WOW glad your okay, got a grat story now at least.

I had a Pitbull run into the my Busa once, his nose hit the frame and head got my leg. He was a little beat up as was I. The owner apolagized and things were good.

Glad to hear you two are ok other than the bruises! I would much rather see a dead deer than busted up friends!! :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad to hear you two are ok other than the bruises! I would much rather see a dead deer than busted up friends!! :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad to hear you and the wife are ok Willem. Just some minor work on the bike and it's back on the road.

Of course, if you were on the Busa, you would have either:
a) avoided the deer with the incredible handling; or
b) been going faster than 50 and would have passed it leaving it for the Beemer or Connie guys :poke: :whistle:

Back