Deer hunting with a Hayabusa

Son of a buck! Your presence is due in church this Sunday!
beerchug.gif

Ty,  the case scuffed and cracked on the left side other wise I coulda rode her home. I was just surprised that both side frame sliders were bent. They were ground as expected but also bent and the bike didnt slide more than about 50 ft or so ( I think )  anyway still glad it wasnt worse I just thought for not too much speed the woulda held up a little better. makes me kinda wonder how bad a high speed crash would be.  
wowold.gif
Thats why I didn't get frame sliders . I figure if I go down , WTF , I got insurance!! Still glad you are okay .

Ty,  the case scuffed and cracked on the left side other wise I coulda rode her home. I was just surprised that both side frame sliders were bent. They were ground as expected but also bent and the bike didnt slide more than about 50 ft or so ( I think )  anyway still glad it wasnt worse I just thought for not too much speed the woulda held up a little better. makes me kinda wonder how bad a high speed crash would be.  
wowold.gif
Thats why I didn't get frame sliders . I figure if I go down , WTF , I got insurance!! Still glad you are okay .
True that,Frisbee, but if you ride your bike alone in areas where you don't have cellphone service you want all the protection installing accessories and upgraded heavy duty parts. Believe it or not on a daily basis I carry a spare chain link,motion pro chain kit,air compressor,tape,ziplocks,plug,slime tire seal and enough tools to handle most worst case senario most riders would be stuck like chuck in the same situation.
Like Ken has agreed, if he had a billet case cover he could have road the bike home. Just imagine if he was riding alone in a no cell area. Granted some passer by probably would have stop to help but I've been on roads in SD when I didn't see another car or homes (maybe one about .25 from the main rd and it look like a scene the movie Chain Saw Masacare) for an hour with no cell service at that.

Glad you hear you are OK. It is rut season in some places and soon to be peak rut. So everybody keep alert.

Well your o.k. that's Good! Know in order for you to get the new Bike," Just tell your wife you don't feeeeeeel right riding the bike again and you feel that you need something new!" This should do it!!!

wowold.gif
True that,Frisbee, but if you ride your bike alone in areas where you don't have cellphone service you want all the protection installing accessories and upgraded heavy duty parts. Believe it or not on a daily basis I carry a spare chain link,motion pro chain kit,air compressor,tape,ziplocks,plug,slime tire seal and enough tools to handle most worst case senario most riders would be stuck like chuck in the same situation.
Like Ken has agreed, if he had a billet case cover he could have road the bike home. Just imagine if he was riding alone in a no cell area. Granted some passer by probably would have stop to help but I've been on roads in SD when I didn't see another car or homes (maybe one about .25 from the main rd and it look like a scene the movie Chain Saw Masacare) for an hour with no cell service at that.
I hear that! Thanx Ty. Thats how I roll and frequently I might add.

I like the solo gig but I have allways wondered ... what if.

Solo ride Sept 2007 nobody for miles ...

sept_07_roadTrip_074b.jpg

Glad you are ok; sorry your bike is shagged.What kind of frame sliders do you have so we can make an informed choice.

Ty, the case scuffed and cracked on the left side other wise I coulda rode her home. I was just surprised that both side frame sliders were bent. They were ground as expected but also bent and the bike didnt slide more than about 50 ft or so ( I think ) anyway still glad it wasnt worse I just thought for not too much speed the woulda held up a little better. makes me kinda wonder how bad a high speed crash would be.
wowold.gif
I hear that! Thanx Ty. Thats how I roll and frequently I might add.

I like the solo gig but I have allways wondered ... what if.

Solo ride Sept 2007 nobody for miles ...
post-6-56234-sept_07_roadtrip_074b.jpg

Thats what I'm talking about. Where in the middle of no where was that photo taken?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kent, was that picture taken somewhere around where this one was taken? Doyle

P1000697.JPG

New 08.....oh yeah.
thumb_up.gif

Look at it this way: I've never heard of someone on a Busa hitting 2 deer so, the chance of this ever happening again is next to 0.
Glad you're OK. Leathers....anything less is suicidal.

That deer looks to be more like 160-180lbs.

Everyone else, be aware. Hunters are in the woods now stirring things up.
Dawn and especially Dusk is slow down time.

Wow! You some kind of luck not taking more serious damage to the bike and or hurting yourself worse...
I have the same jacket and hope not to have to use it.

glad you are OK. sorry about your bike. just goes to prove that leathere help, alot. I almost hit 2 deer last Saturday night on the way home, I had slowed down because I knew they crossed the road where I was at and sure enough they did,. I almost had to come to a complete stop to keep from hitting the first one. Stinks I didnt see them when I was in the woods that morning with my 300 win mag.
laugh.gif
Just glad your OK.

Back