DAMNIT!!! I GOT A TICKET

Check out this site

http://money.aol.com/bankrate/insura...18220109990001

then decide if you need an attorney or not.

If you get an attorney, by all means get one that is not cheap and traffic is all they do. Most any traffic attorney will get you off on any sort of radar/laser ticket. I just got off on my third laser ticket yesterday using the same attorney. I've had three tickets in the past two years and the same traffic attorney got me out of all three. He wins almost all radar/laser tickets. It's extremely rare he looses one. I've just come to the conclusion that anytime I get a ticket, it's going to cost me $350 in attorney fees to keep my record clean.

Good Luck and please keep us posted on your outcome.

(coke4class @ Nov. 03 2006,18:49) Option very slim... get my friend who is a sheriff or OPD to help me out somehow...

let me know what you guys have done in the past.
It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Some judges work with you, some won't. If you called her a stupid @#$%ch forget it. She wrote no help on the back of the ticket. Ask for help and forgiveness. If you can meet with the judge and trooper prior to court. Jury trials are a 50/50 prop. However if found guilty 100%

(dadofthree @ Nov. 04 2006,21:30)
(coke4class @ Nov. 03 2006,18:49) Option very slim... get my friend who is a sheriff or OPD to help me out somehow...

let me know what you guys have done in the past.
It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Some judges work with you, some won't. If you called her a stupid @#$%ch forget it. She wrote no help on the back of the ticket. Ask for help and forgiveness. If you can meet with the judge and trooper prior to court. Jury trials are a 50/50 prop. However if found guilty 100%
Haha... I didn't call her a f!@$ing B!@!#ch... I would never do that.

(Tufbusa @ Nov. 04 2006,21:01) Check out this site

http://money.aol.com/bankrate/insura...18220109990001

then decide if you need an attorney or not.

If you get an attorney, by all means get one that is not cheap and traffic is all they do. Most any traffic attorney will get you off on any sort of radar/laser ticket. I just got off on my third laser ticket yesterday using the same attorney. I've had three tickets in the past two years and the same traffic attorney got me out of all three. He wins almost all radar/laser tickets. It's extremely rare he looses one. I've just come to the conclusion that anytime I get a ticket, it's going to cost me $350 in attorney fees to keep my record clean.

Good Luck and please keep us posted on your outcome.
That link that you sent... It did not work... can you double check?

Thank you!

I think I may be leaning towards hiring an attorney... I will definately post up an update... please be patient and bare with me!

(mofuggahere @ Nov. 04 2006,06:23) If they don't show, it WILL get thrown out of court yes.
not true everywhere.
the judge has the option to do what ever.
i went before the majastrate and pleaded for a higher fine for reduced points, she said to bad. i could apeal, but if lost i would pay court cost.
already mised i day of work=$$$
a layer =$$$
another day of work =$$$
gitting out of it mabe. it proved to costly to try for me i was not willing to be out apx 1000$ for a 180$ ticket
just my 2.5 cents do your research

When I got nailed for speeding in AL I just paid the fine and it was dropped from my record...

I think people around here make too big of a deal about speeding tickets. If you get busted, just pay up. $200 isn't that bad. Of course if it's some insane ticket over $500 then get a lawyer...

PAN i like your new SIG......... i lost my member rating because i gave some advise on a thread just like this one just a couple of days ago, as you can see from my earlier post on this thread its easier just to tell them what they want to hear, im strting to think its just a cry for help instead of an advise seeking thread

(ranman @ Nov. 05 2006,13:50)
(mofuggahere @ Nov. 04 2006,06:23) If they don't show, it WILL get thrown out of court yes.
not true everywhere.
the judge has the option to do what ever.
i went before the majastrate and pleaded for a higher fine for reduced points, she said to bad. i could apeal, but if lost i would pay court cost.
already mised i day of work=$$$
a layer   =$$$
another day of work =$$$
gitting out of it mabe. it proved to costly to try for me i was not willing to be out apx 1000$ for a 180$ ticket
just my 2.5 cents do your research
Well he didn't ask about Michigan, he is in Florida. And i have never heard a case in FLORIDA when a speeding ticket is issued and the issueing officer fails to appear that anything happens other than the case is dismissed.

I am sure it varies around the country. But for simple traffic offenses i believe failure to appear is failure to appear whether it is the plantiff or the defendant as the issueing officer has any proof of the infraction. Judge can't do what ever with out having a little evidence to back up a charge. JMHO

In SC you get 2, 4, and 6 points for speeding based on speed and can be arrested for wreckless driving at 30 over. By arrested I mean taken to jail. I've handed engineers, doctors, and teachers their azz trying me with that internet crap they bought. You've been given some good advice. Use it. I don't know what your end game is, but if this is a small town and you talk to the other parties pretrial you might get a nice break this time. Otherwize ask for jury trial. Now a days regardless of evidence the jury finds not guilty. It only takes one juror. I've had guys admit their guilt on the stand and get off.

As far as the Laser accuracy goes, I thought and heard that they are almost unbeatable. However... Let's say that I did speed over the limit... but then my odometer has +/- discrepancy... also the fact that the FHP didn't pull me over immediately... she made a U-turn and followed me for about a mile or mile and half, then pulled me off the road. By the time she pulled me over, I was already on a different road, which she put on the ticket itself...--is this something I can fight against.

It sounds like you have a decent case for a lawyer. If she wrote you where speeding on say Rt 27 (thats where she pulled you over) on the ticket and you where actually radared on RT95 then there is some descrepancy they can touch on. Not sure about the laser radar stuff but you may want to do some investigation. If they did something that was taught in there laser certification class not to do, you deffinatly have a case. But usually they lie anyway its the same thing for every case up here in Maine. I got in my car used the tuning fork checked my radar , visually estimated speed (amazing how they are always perfect) then used the radar to confirm the speed blah blah blah.

COPS LIE? @#!$%@#$!@^!#$$!@#$%!@#%!@#^!

Isnt it illegal under oath to lie... expecially COPS?
all_coholic.gif

haha... anyways... yes... it was kind of fishy, and I was going to bring that up for my arguement if/when I got a lawyer. To me it seemed a bit off odd that the FHP lady pulled me over approximately about mile... mile and half down the road after she actually said she pointed the laser at me. I was already on a different road...!!! And on the ticket... she put down "intersection of XX/YY road" which I believe... I was not even in the intersection... and also I was already on a different road from where I was "speeding"... by the time she pulled me over.

Plus she did not turn her lights on or anything when she followed me basically she just followed me to follow me and stare at my nice ass on my bike...I guess...and decided to pull me over because she was jealous that her ass wasn't close to being as nice as mine...
SHOCKED.gif

Arr... I hope that I have some what of an arguement and win the case...

Thank you guys... I will keep you guys posted!

I remember a similar post last week about tickets. I know the technical aspects of RADAR. Not that much on LIDAR etc technology, as far as how to discredit its accuracy. However, here in Fla. (and a LOT of other states) the requirement for the arresting officer to verify speed visually and then using other methods to verify the speed is set forth by statute, not by the technology they use. Doesn't matter what they use for technology, they are still the primary source for proving by evidence that the human component (the arresting officer) has verified your offense so that they may face you in court and prove to the satisfaction of the law that you were speeding.

I posted on a RADAR stop in the earlier post that if you can discredit the technology the judge falls back on the fact that the police office has the responsibilty of being the ultimate source of evidence. If you can discredit the police officer you have a very good chance of winning your case.

Another example is pacing. If they cite they used pacing as the means of speed measurement, you read the statute that spells out how they are to use that method of measurement. It is pretty clear. You then go see what arguments you have there to discredit the officer and the means he/she chose to use to cite you.

Cops don't like to be challanged on thier knowledge or skill level. Particularly from us stupid sheep civillians. They usually throw out the legal aspects of what they are trained to know in favor of the easy way to write tickets. But be very wary. They are very accustomed and trained at going to court. They go weekly multiple times. They have canned responses to most of the questions they will be asked. If you try to discredit them and you can't, the judge will not waste any more of the courts time listenng. The same smart ass cop you dealt with in the field becomes very professional and respectful before the judge because they now have to submit to a higher authority (the judge), and they are well trained on how to play that game in court.

If you plan on fighting it, don't be half assed in your ability to prepare to really try and argue your side. You will most likely be outgunned in court if you don't really build a case in your favor. The judge rarelyhears real world arguments. They hear BS excuses and feable arguments that are merely hopes for miracles of lieniency.

I don't think it's the fact that cops "don't like to be challanged on their knowledge or skill level", but, that most people hate having to own up to their mistakes, and tend to blame it on the cop.

Most people who go to court to fight a ticket are just looking for a way to "get away with it on technicality". They do it to keep the points from going on their record, when in fact, the way to keep points off your record is to simply obey the traffic laws.

(TallTom @ Nov. 08 2006,09:03) I remember a similar post last week about tickets. I know the technical aspects of RADAR. Not that much on LIDAR etc technology, as far as how to discredit its accuracy. However, here in Fla. (and a LOT of other states) the requirement for the arresting officer to verify speed visually and then using other methods to verify the speed is set forth by statute, not by the technology they use. Doesn't matter what they use for technology, they are still the primary source for proving by evidence that the human component (the arresting officer) has verified your offense so that they may face you in court and prove to the satisfaction of the law that you were speeding.

I posted on a RADAR stop in the earlier post that if you can discredit the technology the judge falls back on the fact that the police office has the responsibilty of being the ultimate source of evidence. If you can discredit the police officer you have a very good chance of winning your case.

Another example is pacing. If they cite they used pacing as the means of speed measurement, you read the statute that spells out how they are to use that method of measurement. It is pretty clear. You then go see what arguments you have there to discredit the officer and the means he/she chose to use to cite you.

Cops don't like to be challanged on thier knowledge or skill level. Particularly from us stupid sheep civillians. They usually throw out the legal aspects of what they are trained to know in favor of the easy way to write tickets. But be very wary. They are very accustomed and trained at going to court. They go weekly multiple times. They have canned responses to most of the questions they will be asked. If you try to discredit them and you can't, the judge will not waste any more of the courts time listenng. The same smart ass cop you dealt with in the field becomes very professional and respectful before the judge because they now have to submit to a higher authority (the judge), and they are well trained on how to play that game in court.

If you plan on fighting it, don't be half assed in your ability to prepare to really try and argue your side. You will most likely be outgunned in court if you don't really build a case in your favor. The judge rarelyhears real world arguments. They hear BS excuses and feable arguments that are merely hopes for miracles of lieniency.
Very well said... and I completely respect and agree to your opinions. However, It seems as if I do have a valid arguements that I can bring up to the judge if I did find a lawyer that would be able to represent me the right way.

I hope that I could find someone that is good and the maybe the judge is nice enough to throw the ticket out the window. Thank you, and if you have any more suggestions or comments please feel free to post and let me educate myself before I make my presence infront of the judge and the FHP officer again.
beerchug.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Nov. 06 2006,05:57) PAN i like your new SIG......... i lost my member rating because i gave some advise on a thread just like this one just a couple of days ago, as you can see from my earlier post on this thread its easier just to tell them what they want to hear, im strting to think its just a cry for help instead of an advise seeking thread
That is just PATHETIC about your member rating, just because you disagree with someone they shouldn't be such a friggin baby whinebag they slam your rating. Only reason I would down rate someone is if they were an a$$hole about something- more of a character and integrity issue not just "you didn't say what I wanted to hear!" crap- sheesh.

I have rated a member low because they were abusive and rude and insulting in their posts, nothing else.

I would like to apologize to any officers we have here on the board I kind of stuck my foot in my mouth and typed before thinking. Not all officers lie what I do find is that alot (not all) of officers I have dealt with have canned reponses just like said in this post.
They have canned responses to most of the questions they will be asked. If you try to discredit them and you can't, the judge will not waste any more of the courts time listenng
I understand there is a job to do and if I do something wrong I would have to pay but to many times I have gone to court over something for instance my friend and I riding he pulls into the passing lane passes me on the outside I am going about 70 MPH on the speedo. Now honestly I was going to downshift and blow by him like he was tied down but I saw a cop when I was getting ready to go and didnt. He wrote my friend for 89 in a 65 and me for 84 in a 65 he said he knows he was going faster but got us both on radar not laser mind you radar and knew how fast we where going. I am sure any cop that has been through the radar training on this board will tell you that you can not aim radar it takes the most radar reflectent object. Thats just one particular case out of everyday life. Now couple the fine with rising insurance costs and bingo thousands of dollars down the drain for nothing

Oh Hamburgers!

It's confession time...  
bowdown.gif

i admit I have sped many times in my life... im sure that every one of us have before and some of us are just not lucky and get pulled over.
I have no disrespect for any officers, for sakes... my bestfriend is a sheriff... and my very friendly neighbor is a sheriff and an officer.  

My apologies... as well to the FHP lady that pulled me over that I thought she was a B!~@ch... but that was just my inner thought... you know.  This society would be a mess without some organization and control... but I completely understand what you meant MR. Race24x- about cops lying.  Not all are honest and its just minute... very minute percentage.  

I am just rambling... lol  but back to the point.

I am looking for a lawyer and try to settle this to silly traffic violation instead of speeding.

Oh ya... and here is round of beer to everyone...!
beerchug.gif

P.S. Should I tell my wife I got a ticket or just keep it a little secret?
wink.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Nov. 03 2006,20:46) go to court, call the FHP a f@#king liar< bring a lawyer to discredit the FHP somehow..... then ask her if she caught another member of the FHP speeding would she write him / her a ticket................ when she tells you she wouldnt, curse her out and give her an ethics and morals class............... thats my advise

i would give you some intelligent advise but the last time i did that i got bashed and called everything but a piece of sH!t. By the way im a police officer
sorry! I had to laugh! that's friggin funny! what's your real advice?
laugh.gif

Back