DAMNIT!!! I GOT A TICKET

coke4class

Registered
Ahh... Depressing.
I got pulled over by FHP and got a ticket...
I was going 70 in 45 zone... She said that she got me on the laser...
Oh ya and a warning for my plate holder... she's like how am i suppose to read your plate if it's sideways...? "stupid b#@%$ch..."

Damn FHP... everytime I get a ticket its them... I swear they are after me. OPD and Sherriffs are cool with me... but seems like FHP is
guns.gif

Anyways what should I do guys?

Option 1- Pay the ticket
Option 2- Pay ticket and take the online ghey course and not get a point on liscense
Option 3- Go to court... does this help in anyway... I have done option 2 two years ago for speeding in my car... but going to court... what are the advantages?

Option very slim... get my friend who is a sheriff or OPD to help me out somehow...

let me know what you guys have done in the past.

Do traffic lawyers help at all for speeding ticket case?
The ticket says $203.50 it's not that much... but I think its retarded to pay... it's not like I killed a bird or anything you know... plus this was at 12:30am.

I was thinking about getting a lawyer... but who knows...

+2 on lawyer. just had one fixed myself. Been clean for 4 years and get busted for 83 in 65, then got two friggin parking tickets. I parked my car a little up on the curb and they said I was on the grass or something and one on a meter that ran over by 5 friggin minutes!!!!

They moved my speeding ticket to a non moving violation instead. So I guess I will now have 3 non moving violations, but no points just $$$ gone. It was $120 plus fine.

go to court, call the FHP a f@#king liar< bring a lawyer to discredit the FHP somehow..... then ask her if she caught another member of the FHP speeding would she write him / her a ticket................ when she tells you she wouldnt, curse her out and give her an ethics and morals class............... thats my advise

i would give you some intelligent advise but the last time i did that i got bashed and called everything but a piece of sH!t. By the way im a police officer

Not sure if there's a lawyer in town that does this, but, used to in the Dallas metroplex area, you paid something like $50 to a lawyer, and he "took care of the ticket".  Basicly, what he would do, is wait for a lot of people to give him their speeding tickets, make a court date with the judge for ALL of em on the same day, walk in and pile em in front of the judge, and more/less threaten the judge with a day long litigation with all of them if he didn't dismiss them.  They usually got dismissed...

Not sure how this goes down anymore, if it even does, but, you might look around for someone around your area for it.

But, now the deputy side of me has to come out...  Don't fight a ticket in court that you legitimatly deserved.  If you were speeding, and were caught, own up to it and either pay the fine, or take defense driving.  Here in TX, we also have "deferred adjudication", where you basicly pay for the court fees (and I believe the ticket, too), but, if you don't get another moving violation withing a 3-6 month period, it's dropped from your record.

Good luck whatever you end up doing. Oh, and slow down!
smile.gif

In Florida, I've decided it'd be waaaaaaaay less of a problem to just pay it and take the online course.

FIGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can not tell you emphatically enough!

They got you on LASER at midnight?  (Manufacturers specs state it must be used during daylight hours , not through glass and not in any fog or rain).... Laser is not legal at night ....at  least not in most states.  Get a good traffic atty.  They can and WILL beat it.  Trust me... the "legal" system relies on people just paying or trying to argue their case themselves... you WILL lose if you don't get an atty.

$300 for a traffic attorney, but its not the ticket that costs... its the insurance rates that get you for the next 3 years.

Personally I'd pay it and get supervision/traffic school/whatever it is in FL to keep it off your record.
Save the friendly cop for something a little more serious.

pay it, fix your plate and move on.

The plate gives them a reason to single you out.

I think you should research this advice.
Never have heard this one.
Lidar can be used in these situations, the only effect is reduced range. Lidar remains accuarate. Speed of light is a constant not subject to weather or ambient light.
biggrin.gif

(heavybusa @ Nov. 04 2006,02:25) pay it, fix your plate and move on.

The plate gives them a reason to single you out.
+1 You'll pay way more for a lawyer. I just paid one for $254 BUT here in CT if you plead guilty and pay the damn thing you don't get points.

Well i used the ticket clinic (in Orlando) 2 times. They got me off of one speeding charge. And loss the other speeding charge. After losing the 2nd they did refund my retainer fee i paid them (because they guarantee no points or your money back) But i still was assessed points against my license. A better attorney (more cash to retain) may have gotten off on the 2nd one.

The ticket clinic only charges $89 to $109 to represent you in a speeding case. I have tried since then just to slow down a bit. As last year brought me 3 tickets in less than a year.
sad.gif
Damn busa is too easy to speed on.

But i would defenitely fight it as alot of times FHP won't make a court date. Best of luck either way.

Im not up to speed on FL traffic laws, but I know a thing or two about getn the most for your money on speeding tickets.

For starters, getn nailed by any HP officer is pretty much settin in stone that you are coming out of pocket for the ticket, and then some-if you have a serious ticket (like doin 20+ over the limit) it gets really hard to sway a judge-but most court cases get handled by a public atty. first...thats where you play "lets make a deal". If your record isnt all f'd up, they will usually reduce the point violation by 2-3 pnts. but it all depends on their mood, n how you represent yourself-they can only drop certain tickets so far, so dont go in expecting this to get wiped away-35mph over is damn near a felony, so just be glad they didnt snatch your bike n haul you off to jail.
I would go in on your court date, talk to public defender and see if the will work with you-offer to take the lame-dik safety course or whatever, and see what they will do for your points-if the attny is a prick, then plead Not Guilty, get a new court date for pre-trial, and THEN go lawyer-huntin...unless you know a lawyer, its guna cost ya min. $100, and for the ticket you got, Im guessing more like $200 just to get 2-3 points off, which you can do yourself (if you're lucky) IMO.

but NEVER, EVER, EVER just pay a ticket...always fight for points off n getn violation reduced to lesser charge...cuz if there is a next time, when they look up your record its alot better to have 12 "faulty speedometer" violations than 12 "speeding" violations...lawyers n judges know how you got them, but they are only allowed to prosecute based on the record they see, not what was there originally.
and this will save you TONS on ins.

good luck brah, if they throw you some funny legal jargon or you need any more advice, hit me up
wink.gif

Is it true that if the officer... FHP doesnt make to court, then everything is dropped...?

As far as the Laser accuracy goes, I thought and heard that they are almost unbeatable. However... Let's say that I did speed over the limit... but then my odometer has +/- discrepancy... also the fact that the FHP didn't pull me over immediately... she made a U-turn and followed me for about a mile or mile and half, then pulled me off the road. By the time she pulled me over, I was already on a different road, which she put on the ticket itself...--is this something I can fight against.

Does this seem a bit weird.

In the past when I have been pulled over... It was almost instanteneous they turn their lights on and pulled me over...

I am a pretty good law abiding kinda guy... My neighbors across... three of them are all either sheriffs...and OPD... and my bestfriend is also a sheriff... Indeed I try to break the law... least amount you know what I mean...

But come on... you can't drive the BUSA under speed-limit... that's kind of ghey... dont you think...?
beerchug.gif

Thank you guys for all your inputs! I will give you guys updates...

(coke4class @ Nov. 03 2006,20:26) but I think its retarded to pay
Dude,

You were speeding. You're a friggin' criminal. Pay up!

--Wag--

Back