I got a ticket Last July

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
First of all the ticket I got was in a commercial vehicle. I am a commercial driver. Last July on a Saturday I entered an on ramp on the freeway and almost immediately discovered I was having a braking problem. Commercial vehicles have air brakes and if you lose to much air, the brakes literally lock up. As soon as I discovered I was having a problem, I checked my mirrors to make sure I could get onto the shoulder safely. I never actually got onto the traffic lanes of the freeway ( I was on the on ramp when I discovered the problem). I pulled onto the shoulder and stopped the truck. About 10 seconds later a car comes flying by me on the right side of the truck, and she stopped in a clound of dust. I went to the car and the driver said you ran me of the road. She called the Highway Patrol. When the highway patrol arrived they talked to the driver of the car, and me. And... they inspected my truck. The end result was that I got a ticket for making an unsafe lane change and also cited for an air valve the LEO said wasen't working. Turns out the air valve was working fine after being inspected at the scene by two mechanics and the owner of my company. And... the Leo cited me for an unsafe lane change based on what the other driver told him. So... I will be appearing in court for the 4th time this morning trying to get this dismissed. If it's not dismissed today, I'll be hiring a lawyer. Each time I have been to court the prosacuter says that he hasen't been able to contact the witness and he keeps extending this out. Anyhow, this is just a big vent..... Nothing anyone can do, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

The justice system works for some..and..for others?

Well, good luck on this one. As if the Courts don't have enough to do.

runeight...

So much for due process. My experience as been that if the witness doesn’t show and there’s no other proof then the case gets dismissed.

3 times in court AND the prosecutor has not been able to contact on any of those times? It should have been dismissed the first time.

I'd hire the lawyer now, rather than go in the 4th time.

Yeah, I thought if the other person doesn't show up to give her side, it would be dismissed...sounds like she's conveniently not around because she was probably on the phone or putting make-up on and not paying attention to her surroundings...she doesn't even know what happened, just that she found it convenient to blame you...

There are two sides to every story; can't believe they're not taking in to account your side at all...good luck and it sounds like you'll be getting yourself a lawyer...

Hey, good news. After waiting an hour and half for the prosecuter I was informed that the prosecuter could not find my file. I asked for the case to be dismissed and the prosecuter agreed. No witness, no case file, so no case after four months of court appearances. Anyhow, its finally over. I'm glad I stuck by my guns on this one. It would have been 2 points on my license because commercail drives can't go to traffic school. Thanks for the support. Danny

beerchug.gif
Awesome!!!

(Copperone @ Nov. 28 2006,11:24) Hey, good news.  After waiting an hour and half for the prosecuter I was informed that the prosecuter could not find my file.  I asked for the case to be dismissed and the prosecuter agreed.  No witness, no case file, so no case after four months of court appearances.   Anyhow, its finally over.  I'm glad I stuck by my guns on this one.  It would have been 2 points on my license because commercail drives can't go to traffic school.  Thanks for the support.   Danny
jump9.gif

Danny you might want to check back down the road and make sure the points weren't tacked on.

runeight...

I am going to give it a couple of months and check my DMV record just to make sure they didn't add the points. Great idea. This whole episode wasen't all that tramatic, except for the day it happened, other than that, it was like a bad toothache that just wouldn't go away.

For what it's worth, the few times I have been to court to fight a ticket and the witness/LEO did not show up I openly but respectfully spoke with the judge in court and expressed to them that I have put my life on hold and made sacrifices to come here and review the charges before the judge and he/she has dismissed it every time.

Its hit or miss with some judges Over_Easy.

Congrats on the victory Copper
super.gif

congratz on the dismissal ...............

2 weeks ago, my wife was involved in an accident where she was in a left turn lane about to make a left turn. she noticed a "no left turn" sign into the parkinglot she was going to turn into, so decided to make a "U" turn. she claims that she made sure there was no traffic coming towards her from the front and rear, and as she started making the "U" turn, out of no where, another minivan hits her on the driver side about at the middle of the back sliding door. the other vehicle was damaged only on the passenger FRONT, not the side.

my wife had her mom, and our 1 & 3 yr olds in the van. no one in her van was injured.

the other van had 6 people in it ...... driver (who had no operators licence), a pregnant 16 yr old, and 4 other children. all refused treatment at the scene of the accident, claiming no injuries.

my wife was charged with improper lane change and causing the accident. the other driver was charged for no OL.

my wife reported the accident to the ins. co. as soon as we got home from the scene.

she tried contacting the case handler with the ins co yesterday, and that lady told her that she was no longer handling the case becasue there were reports from the other party that there were 5 children injured in the accident. she gets in touch with the new case handler today, and they tell her that the other parties have already been issued settlement checks for their injuries.

the bad part about all this, is the fact that my wife is contesting the fact that she was at fault. like i said earlier, there were no other cars around when she was making her turn. the other party claims that they were in the turn lane and she came over on top of them. also remember i said that the damge to the other vehicle had front end damage, not side.

i hate people that are in the wrong, and come away looking good by telling a lie ............

rant.gif
firedevil.gif

now our ins is going to go up, and she will be charged with points on her OL.

sorry didnt mean to thread jack

Back