Got a ticket on way back home from WIS M&G

Leo

Donating Member
Registered
I was in rush hour traffic, following a car and semi in front of me for 5mi prior to State pulling me over!!! I saw him on the right, heard my radar go off, looked down at my spedo (69 MPH -- Corrected is 64MPH) and my GPS said 63. [actual limit was 65MPH] So When I saw him pull out, I though he was gonna chase someone down that was in the left lane? NOPE, he lights me up, and so I pull over on to the left shoulder. I turn the bike off, kickstand it, get off, and take my helmet off...

He approaches and so I say "Hey how are ya doing?" "Is there a problem officer?" He asks do you know how fast you were going? I say "yes, I was following the same traffic for approx 5 miles and my spedo and GPS both indicated +- 65 when my radar went off". He then "claims" he got me at 82MPH!!!!!!!

I say "with all due respect officer, there is no way that you clocked me at 82 as I most certainly know for 100% that my spedo and GPS both said 65MPH. I was just cruising back from Milwaukee visiting a friend... I was not speeding at anytime."

He hands me a ticket and says that I can appear in court to contest on [11-14-08]...
:cursin::cursin::cursin:

Anyone know a good traffic attorney in WI?

M&G Link...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/north-east-gatherings/93540-wi-upper-midwest-east-meet-greet.html

Last edited:
I looked at the date on the ticket... hmmm... 13th ??? Go figure :whistle:

You should of asked to see the gun he used to clock you.

I thought about that, heard many conflicting answers... Some folks say that LE don't have to show you shid, and it just pizzez them off more that you are being antagonistic ? Opinions?

I thought about that, heard many conflicting answers... Some folks say that LE don't have to show you shid, and it just pizzez them off more that you are being antagonistic ? Opinions?

Makes no difference whatsoever (at the scene) and may not be the way he 'clocked' you if he clocked you at all. The burden of proof however is on him, in court. That's where he has to try and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were doing what he claims, by his estimate (very hard to prove) or by his calibrated speedo and testimony (very hard to refute) or by his radar readout. That, is where your GPS with time, date and speed saved I assume, will show him to be wrong. Right? Good luck!

If you win , It seems only right that you collect a days wages , taking off work and wasting your time..That would stop the Olmighty badge syndrome.. good luck!

Makes no difference whatsoever (at the scene) and may not be the way he 'clocked' you if he clocked you at all. The burden of proof however is on him, in court. That's where he has to try and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were doing what he claims, by his estimate (very hard to prove) or by his calibrated speedo and testimony (very hard to refute) or by his radar readout. That, is where your GPS with time, date and speed saved I assume, will show him to be wrong. Right? Good luck!

Very interesting... I did have logging turned on :whistle:

Try contacting Pre-Paid Legal (https://www.prepaidlegal.com/newCorp2/legal_plans/legal_plans.html). It's like an insurance plan for us po' folk, but it's for legal services. As a member, they'll represent you in court in your absence. You may be outta luck on this ticket due to signing up after the fact, but ya never know.

I've had PPL for a few years and, in addition to many other services, they've represented me in court for a traffic ticket. I still opted to attend to watch what went down, but it was pretty cool to have a seasoned attorney that KNEW the judge and the cop. Reduced fine + court costs, NO POINTS, NO TRAFFIC SCHOOL, NO PROBATION!!!

Best of luck!

Got a friend that is a retired state trooper and he also says they don't have to show you anything and it just ticks them off more to have somebody say that.:poke:

Sorry to hear this. I wonder what set this guy off? Good luck!

I heard that Firedog5800 chewed out some state LE earlier on the same Hwy :whistle:

I hope that wasn't the same dude :poke: (but maybe not, I think he had his run-in with the IL State not WI :poke:)

I heard that Firedog5800 chewed out some state LE earlier on the same Hwy :whistle:

I hope that wasn't the same dude :poke: (but maybe not, I think he had his run-in with the IL State not WI :poke:)

Yeah, Mine was an Ill State boy. PM me with the troopers name if you can.
That SUX. I will try and get a hold of my buddy that was brought up at breakfast and see what I can do to help, but I need the troopers name if at all possible.
Again, sorry about that. Just gives Wisconsin a bad name.

Hopefully you can bring up the time and date on your GPS with in indicated speed...

This is the kinda stuff that has me thinking of bailing instead of stopping your word against his an your word in court is worthless. He's got the calibration letter you are done. I know there is a state out there that now takes a photo with the radar indication showing on the pic. Not sure how that would work in heavy traffic.

Back