Got a ticket on way back home from WIS M&G

i believe a traffic lawyer these days run about 5 bones. well worth it in the long run when it comes down to points on the license and insurance rate hike. sorry to hear about this and i hope you get this puppy dropped.

p.s. if the that "cop" is reading this, i got something for ya "buttercup". :moon: be sure to grab a mint when your done. :laugh:

I was out of state in Mass. with a buddy of mine and a car waved us around him and a few miles up the road we lot pulled over and ticketed for speeding 250.00 and passing in a no passing zone 100.00 because the cop said we accelerated to 65 mph when we passed and it was a 40 mph zone and it didn't matter if we were waved by. I'm fighting it but still waiting for my court date. Some cops are such azz holes.:moon:

I was out of state in Mass. with a buddy of mine and a car waved us around him and a few miles up the road we lot pulled over and ticketed for speeding 250.00 and passing in a no passing zone 100.00 because the cop said we accelerated to 65 mph when we passed and it was a 40 mph zone and it didn't matter if we were waved by. I'm fighting it but still waiting for my court date. Some cops are such azz holes.:moon:

Oh dude, that sux worse than my ticket :stoopid:

you might be able to talk to the DA up there and see if you can show him the gps with time/date... that might be something to try. or u can request it to go to trial, then delay it a couple times to see if you can catch that trooper when hes out of town and he will be a no show

Sounds like a chat with the DA is in order, and if I don't like what he says, I'm gonna spring for the big gunz :thumbsup:

So I talked to a local attorney, and he suggested that for $125 he would get me a plea bargain for "Defective Speedometer" ticket would be for $160, and 2pts..

Have not been able to get a hold of the DA Directly yet... (Still trying)

What do you guys think?

OH, NO HE DIDN'T!

That's ludicrous. Two points? That's a joke.

Wait...tell me this...what's the alternative?

Well then, it's official...you're moving to Cali.​

These days if you ride a sportbike you are a target for the cops... I often just cruise on over to have lunch with the wifey on my quiet Friday day off from work... Its freeken hilarious when I come up on a cop on the quiet backroads and they get that "I thinks we's gonna have us a chase" look and then find that I'm right at the 45mph speed limit, LoL... This never happens when I'm out on the wing but I sure do get the wink and looks from the 60+ females, LoL... AARP hotties, LoL

Man, sux to hear. Hope you can fight it. It's just not right, we get targeted because we ride a sportbike.

So I talked to a local attorney, and he suggested that for $125 he would get me a plea bargain for "Defective Speedometer" ticket would be for $160, and 2pts..

What do you guys think?

That's laughable. Seems to me that's about what you would get if you just paid the ticket (and saved the lawyers fee)...and since you're NOT GUILTY, you shoudn't pay the ticket. Is the lawyer you spoke to, by any chance, on CRACK!!!???!!!??? ? I've gone to court (hearings, no trials) on every ticket I've ever rec'd and I've done better than that just representing myself and requesting leniency after pleading guilty w/explanation.

Don't know anything about it, but this resource might be worth lookin' into:
Illinois Speeding Ticket Attorneys – Fight Your Speeding Ticket @ TicketHELP

Best of luck!

I don't know how you kept your cool when you were handed the ticket.. Hope it all works out in your favor.

I agree with the PrePaidLegal suggestion---I have had my membership for 5 years now and they have provided me with great advice as well as represented those i know with similar circumstances. I saw such a great value in the membership I now am a independent associate with the company. Check out my website: www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/bjrexroth you can sign up right on line. For all you riders out there this is great to have for your family to plan for the worst---they provide a FREE will, a living will, and a health care proxy---all for around 53 cents a day!

This is not my primary source of income so I am not pressed to make a sale--I simply want to share how something that has helped me can be a help to you and your family. Sorry to hear about your situation--I had a very similar situation happen to me--and that is was a main motivator for me to empower the middle class that can't afford 100-150 dollars an hour for an attorney.

Good luck!!!!

Many police officers/HP will make it a point to give you a ticket if you have a radar detector, sad but true.

What do you guys think?

Thats absolute crap. Get an attorney who will represent you. This guy sounds more like a public defender (pretender) that a defense attorney. He just out to make a quick buck.

Some COPS are AZZHOLES !!!!!!!! Some aren't. I Got Caught doing 110 on Radar in a 55 Zone and got a Ticket for 70. All I did was Bull**** with the Cop and Somehow Made him Feel Like I was just a Regular Guy........Like him. :dunno: I am Takin it Easy Now. The Story about Scooping up the Guys Intestines Might have Helped :shocked:

You are obviously a victim of the " Reflection/ Slip affect "

Check out this video for more info.

- The Truth About Speed Cameras - part 1[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Many police officers/HP will make it a point to give you a ticket if you have a radar detector, sad but true.

you are more likely to get a warning if you don't have one.
If you have a detector, don't expect any warnings.
If you do receive a warning, go buy a lottery ticket, your mojo is at it's peak.

Back