got a speeding ticket

I got pinged with the Lidar out here doing 74 in a 50. Well in Lawton Oklahoma they wouldn't deal it down, but they will dismiss it for an extra hundred bucks. Kinda sounds like extortion but at least it's not on my record.

(davsbusa @ Oct. 25 2006,13:59) I got pinged with the Lidar out here doing 74 in a 50. Well in Lawton Oklahoma they wouldn't deal it down, but they will dismiss it for an extra hundred bucks. Kinda sounds like extortion but at least it's not on my record.
Whatever works...I am for it.

Except sexual favors.

Some cops are cool, and some are a$$holes is the bottom line. Fight every ticket, i just beat a 135 in a 75 zone here in florida. Judge dismissed it, State trooper said he "Paced me at that speed" i called BS, and wom, he had active laster and radar on his dash, but he claimed he couldn't get a good reading on either. Here's the kicker i was doing 90 on the speedo, and have 17/42 gearing. The LEO just had a Hard-on for people on sport bikes, bottom line

I have to disagree with the kind police officer above, i was showing 65mph in a 55mph zone which is not going to put anybody in danger, like i said i ride responsibly on the street and do not ride with the infamous street squids. i checked this morning and my last ticket was in may of 1995 for a similar situation.I simply feel in my opinion that he could of checked my history which he did, & said hey buddy you were 15mph over even though i was showing 65mph and said looks like you have a clean history lets slower down a little, but fu#$ no he had the typical trooper attitude & acted like he couldnt work with a guy, and whats with the i wish you would of run i dont think a trooper can say that can he?

With all being said above I have been warned more times than ticketed. Albeit not on a bike but in Camaros with due cause to be ticketed.

So like anything else there are good and bad.

I got pulled over about 6 am on a sunday doing 80 in a 50.
I just got on the highway and couldn't have been out of 2nd gear.
It was a cold morning. I wasn't in any rush. I was going to manhattan to compete in a running race in central park. No one was around. The leo ask for my papers and I gladly gave them to him and ask why I got pulled over
nicely. He said I was speeding. I said what? I was speeding? How fast was I going? He said 80. I said HOLY SHID REALLY? I WAS DOING 80! HOLY SHID!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! He says, You didn't know you were speeding? I said, I sware to god I didn't know I was speeding.I just got on the highway right behind me ( which was the truth ) so he let me go with a warning. Cool cop.
I guess he could tell I really had no idea just how fast I got the bike up to getting on the highway, saw I wasn't a kid and found that I never in my life got a moving violation. I thank him till this day.

i whole heartedly agree that some of our officers and troopers take the job we do a little personal. and really theres no excuse for it. some act as if you comitted the violation for the sole purpose of offending them. I however am not that officer. i usually treat people as nice as they let me treat them. ive arrested people for DWI that have thanked me and shook my hand while i was booking them. my biggest problem is when i do get a bobohead on occassion I can go from "friendly dude" to " super prick " in a 10th of a second.

one thing you should all no about LIDAR is that it is "lane specific" which means that I can single out a specific car and get his speed. all i have to do is aim and shoot. the only "con" to LIDAR is that you cant be moving while your using it. it is a stationary unit only.

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 25 2006,16:36) well heres my opprotunity to get my ratings down as low as possible. Im polce officer with shreveport police department here in louisiana. first and foremost if you are gonna seek advise from somebody at least let it be from people who know what they are talking about. I would never go to a plumber for electrical work. A police officer cannot check the cal. of a radar, he can only check it for accuracy. to check a radars calabration it would have to be pulled off the dash and sent to the manufacturer for that. any officer i know that uses a radar checks it at the begining and the end of the shift for ACCURACY and we do it with a tuning fork that came with the unit. I hate to break it to most of you but i can be traveling east and our buddy here can be traveling west and i can get his speed with a radar. If he passes by me i can hit him with the rear antenna and get him going away from me. if im headed north and he is coming up behind me i can still get him. as a matter of fact i have mine set so that if you are approaching me from behind at 15mph more than the speed im traveling the unit will warn me that you are aggressively aproaching and i can get your speed. what was the speed limit on the road you were traveling on. i could see if the speed limit was 40mph and your doin 65mph. court appearances are not all they are cracked up to be. here if you try to fight a ticket and you are found guilty you pay the fine plus court cost. usually another $75.00.

now, having said all that, i guess i should say that speeding is a risk you take. probably 95% of the time when you speed you never see a police officer and never get a ticket. so most of the time you win. but i guess you could compare it to a craps game. if your on a winning streak thats great but eventually its gonna end.

i find it disturbing that some of you feel that you should be allowed to basically drive at your own risk. speed on more occassions than i can count have destroyed families and peoples lives. please dont think that i am flaming you or whatever but i believe that you owe it to your neighbor to drive with respect for others. I know that when i stop someone for speeding i first consider where they are committing the offense. if they are on a city street their chances of getting a ticket or getting their car/motorcycle impounded increase dramatically as opposed to if they were on a parish road in the middle of nowwhere acting a fool. i would respect the fact that they were not putting anyone else at risk with their actions. trust me, im not a bobo ive let street bikes go that were doing a well over the speed limit.

well everyone please go vote for me now.

and if you ever have any questions L.E. related lemme know and ill do my best to help.

remember with great power comes great responsibility
you get a "5" for you avatar and a "plus 1" for your comment.
ices_rofl.gif

On a serious note, we take the chance even when doing 5 over "with the flow of traffic", go to court plead your case and walk away with your head up.

I dont agree with the impact that one mistake makes on our adult report cards. (credit bureaus and driving records)

(ozz @ Oct. 25 2006,11:46) I got banged for 750.00 and a 5 day suspension recently     same deal as you,  in the middle of nowhere but i was doing 101mph....at least thats what he got me at so dont feel to bad, its how it is when your on a bike even if your obeying the law, they always look hard at bikers around here cause its good revenue for em...
tounge.gif
sorry i seem to get let go.
crazy.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 25 2006,13:36) well heres my opprotunity to get my ratings down as low as possible. Im polce officer with shreveport police department here in louisiana. first and foremost if you are gonna seek advise from somebody at least let it be from people who know what they are talking about. I would never go to a plumber for electrical work. A police officer cannot check the cal. of a radar, he can only check it for accuracy. to check a radars calabration it would have to be pulled off the dash and sent to the manufacturer for that. any officer i know that uses a radar checks it at the begining and the end of the shift for ACCURACY and we do it with a tuning fork that came with the unit. I hate to break it to most of you but i can be traveling east and our buddy here can be traveling west and i can get his speed with a radar. If he passes by me i can hit him with the rear antenna and get him going away from me. if im headed north and he is coming up behind me i can still get him. as a matter of fact i have mine set so that if you are approaching me from behind at 15mph more than the speed im traveling the unit will warn me that you are aggressively aproaching and i can get your speed. what was the speed limit on the road you were traveling on. i could see if the speed limit was 40mph and your doin 65mph. court appearances are not all they are cracked up to be. here if you try to fight a ticket and you are found guilty you pay the fine plus court cost. usually another $75.00.

now, having said all that, i guess i should say that speeding is a risk you take. probably 95% of the time when you speed you never see a police officer and never get a ticket. so most of the time you win. but i guess you could compare it to a craps game. if your on a winning streak thats great but eventually its gonna end.

i find it disturbing that some of you feel that you should be allowed to basically drive at your own risk. speed on more occassions than i can count have destroyed families and peoples lives. please dont think that i am flaming you or whatever but i believe that you owe it to your neighbor to drive with respect for others. I know that when i stop someone for speeding i first consider where they are committing the offense. if they are on a city street their chances of getting a ticket or getting their car/motorcycle impounded increase dramatically as opposed to if they were on a parish road in the middle of nowwhere acting a fool. i would respect the fact that they were not putting anyone else at risk with their actions. trust me, im not a bobo ive let street bikes go that were doing a well over the speed limit.

well everyone please go vote for me now.

and if you ever have any questions L.E. related lemme know and ill do my best to help.

remember with great power comes great responsibility
Would you give a fellow officer a ticket if he was off duty or one of his family members? If so, great. It doesn't happen where I'm at. If you are a cop or a family member of a cop you will get off every time.

But if someone if harbering your run away minor the cop can't/won't do anything unless the guilyt party confesses to the crime. They can let you minor daughter sleep with their minor son and unless they admit to letting them sleep together nothing happens. The daughter can tell the whole story to the cop and her testimony doesn't mean squat. Like anyone is going to confess to contributing. Go figure.

Just remember one thing, it all comes down to $$$$$. As mentioned before todays radars at top notch, I live in NC and my best friend is a NC trooper. I've had the opportunity to ride with him and was suprised that after every speeding ticket where radar is used they have to calibrate their unit with the tongs. This isnt even mentioning the VASCAR units they have which are time/distance based. The best thing to do is pay the fine hire a good lawyer and get on with life. The way I look at it is I have done alot worse and didnt get caught.

Pulled over this summer on the Busa. Took a right hand turn and didn't see the cop behind a truck to my left. I got on it and went about a quarter mile before getting stuck behind traffic. So I was back at the 40mph speed limit before I saw the cop coming up fast with his lights and siren going.
Stopped, got off the bike. Officer walked up and waited as I removed my helmet. Asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I said I'd been going a little fast. He agreed (even though I can't imagine when he might have had the chance to clock my speed). Told me I make his job hard. Ran the licence (clean as a whistle). Gave me the "Think of your family" speech, and let me go.
My story for the day.
beerchug.gif

No im sorry i wouldnt give a fellow officer a ticket..... bash me if you like but i just dont do it. i guess it boils down to this. noone takes care of us noone really even likes us as you can see from earlier posts. but we try to take care of each other. the only thing i would put another officer in jail for is DWI. theres no excuse for it and it contradicts everyhting we are about..... public saftey.

well would you have rather had the "think of your family" speech or the heres your ticket speech

I dont see a problem with professional courtesy as long as you arent letting some jacka$$ get away with endangering others.

In every profession you cannot please everyone, unfortunately the leos make a lasting impression on our lives so that ampifies the sting.

After 16 years of policing I have seen it all pretty much and some. I was the sh*t magnet always seemed to be in chase or in the middle of some hairy mess right when I was just trying to get a coffee or read a magazine. My K( days (8) years was the best. The very first words out of your mouth on a traffic stop are the most important. They should be honest, should be apologetic and should reflect that there was somehow a lesson learned. Don't blame keeping up with traffic or some other BS story. Be straight forward. I have the Passport 8500 with HUD system and a Blinder 20/20 system to reduce the likelyhood of the roadside conversations. If it happens be straight up, look the officer in the eye and drop your ego and beg for a break. Just kepping it real. GPW

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 26 2006,02:52) No im sorry i wouldnt give a fellow officer a ticket..... bash me if you like but i just dont do it. i guess it boils down to this. noone takes care of us noone really even likes us as you can see from earlier posts. but we try to take care of each other. the only thing i would put another officer in jail for is DWI. theres no excuse for it and it contradicts everything we are about..... public saftey.
well would you have rather had the "think of your family" speech or the heres your ticket speech

Ok MR ORG brother, Busa rider
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
 Leo, State D**k.  
bowdown.gif
Why does it seem that all of a sudden you all are everywhere, and just stoppin everything???  Yellow vetts, anything that looks like a Busa or Cbr. You don't give tickets to fellow officers
rock.gif
Do they share your thoughts on giving a break to law abiders with a clean record? Or do they just make the $$$ flow? Seems that the Fed has drained the bank and now we will contribute to the law enforcement fund!
rock.gif
Hey state d**k$ have a job to do and are needed But don't stop me and one of your buds, let him/her go and roast my out of state a$$ cause you can! That's not rite but happens all the time! In every state. I just got one in this fair state Robinsville area, 10 of us! 70 in a 55 and that was a break he said!! Unfortunate cause i got a CDL with safe driver stamp on it So even school isn't an option for me.  
beerchug.gif

Just got back from a 1700 round trip (on Busa) to Deals Gap area. Rain one day, a 70 in a 55 ticket, good for 140 + points for all 10 of us, on the day it didn't. He said they got us 15 miles away!!? No one would go back for court and they know that! Too many Buicks putzin along on the twisties and nothing but blind double yellow lines that i hate to cross. Mowers on the dragon throwin rocks and crap all over after you just miss em in a blind tight turn! Geeze i can't wait too go back! Anyone got a word on how best to handle the ticket? Get a lawyer up there? Pay the fine and hope the points won't show up here in Florida? I'm screwed i got a CDL. My tire held up fine though.

AOL.com Images Not Available

AOL.com Images Not Available

rock.gif

thats some bull i hate it when they said i was hopeing that you ran.... what come on my life is worth more than a ticket.. i hate those types. fight it man STICK IT TO THE MAN i say...lol

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 26 2006,02:52) No im sorry i wouldnt give a fellow officer a ticket..... bash me if you like but i just dont do it. i guess it boils down to this. noone takes care of us noone really even likes us as you can see from earlier posts. but we try to take care of each other. the only thing i would put another officer in jail for is DWI. theres no excuse for it and it contradicts everyhting we are about..... public saftey.

I call BS on that one... Three of my friends are LEO and I respect them and their jobs. I give every LEO respect for their service to the community... What if they were doing 20 or 30 over the limit? Same standards should apply to every one... That is why some People don't like law enforcement. I don't protect my own when they are wrong... If your gonna give someone a break you give them a break but you shouldn't give carte blanche just because they share the same affiliation. I can understand if it is a minimal infraction but to say only if it was a dwi kinda pisses me off.
E

Im giving a big shout out to all the .org members who have replied to my ticket situation, i really really thank you all, i will be fighting this stupid excuse of a ticket on the morning of november 14th, you guys have helped me decide that no matter what i need to go in there and stand up for myself. I guess what erks me was how big of a coc* trooper stahl was, something i keep forgetting is he says he clocked me doing 70mph in a 55mph zone. we were mid-corner when he met us (blind corner by the way) and this dumb a$$ makes a starsky&hutch type slide around to chase us, his little manuver to catch us is by far more dangerous than my 65or70 in a 55 but for some reason thats ok for them guys to pull stupid a$$ manuvers on the street. Since ive gotton this ticket my friend & i have told people about & the word we are getting back is this particular trooper has a big ol boner for sportbikes, i hope i helped him meet quota

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 25 2006,23:52) No im sorry i wouldnt give a fellow officer a ticket..... bash me if you like but i just dont do it. i guess it boils down to this. noone takes care of us noone really even likes us as you can see from earlier posts. but we try to take care of each other. the only thing i would put another officer in jail for is DWI. theres no excuse for it and it contradicts everyhting we are about..... public saftey.

No im sorry i wouldnt give a fellow officer a ticket..... theres no excuse for it and it contradicts everyhting we are about..... public saftey.
THE LAW IS THE LAW,PAY YOUR TICKET,IF A COP GIVES YOU A BREAK THEN GREAT,BUT NOT GIVING ANOTHER COP A TICKET THEN SHAME ON YOU,YOU SHOULD BE FIRED,YOU OR YOUR FELLOW COPS ARE NOT THE LAW OR ABOVE IT,YOU ARE PAID TO ENFORCE IT!!!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

Back