Got a Speeding Ticket

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
In the Accord, not on the Busa. Sorry for teasing ya
laugh.gif

There I was just zipping down the interstate trying to take my wife to the airport, and BAM. As I topped a small rise, the sherrif was just out of view, and nailed me. He wasn't hiding, but he knew exacly where to set up and get the advantage.

80 in a 65, and it will cost me $181.00
mad.gif

I'm not gonna whine-and-moan about it, but I will go to court to see if they will reduce the points. I guess, I should just be glad I wasn't on the Busa, and count myself lucky for all the times I HAVE NOT gotten a ticket.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "Censor Nanny got me..."|1102264065 -->

oh come on! EVERYONE does 80 on our interstates. I just love the hypocracy of how our "Justice" system randomly alters "right and wrong". GRRRRR!! if they're gonna ticket people over 65, ticket EVERYONE and don't single out 1 guy.

sorry to hear it stkr00. nice christmas present, eh?
biggrin.gif

It's the beginning of the month and the quota must be met.
and the end of the year too, so their year end quotas must be met before their annual performance review ... just like any other job ... I'm sure that traffic patrol officers are judged by their supervisors based on traffic stops. I'm glad you have a great attitude about it all ... I'm like you, if I'm wrong there's no need to complain about it!

yup almost identical thing happened to me and same fine. Worse yet, I got pinched twice this last year so I gota either ridfe all nuts or conservative as hell now (1 more ticket= loss of license).

did you have a radar detector set up in the accord?
Nope, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. He was just over the rise, on the left shoulder, doing an instant on radar standing beside his car.

It was one of those ooh-chit moments
wow.gif

oh come on!  EVERYONE does 80 on our interstates.  I just love the hypocracy of how our "Justice" system randomly alters "right and wrong".  GRRRRR!!   if they're gonna ticket people over 65, ticket EVERYONE and don't single out 1 guy.

sorry to hear it stkr00.  nice christmas present, eh?  
biggrin.gif
Yep, Merry Christmas to me.
laugh.gif

I guess, I should just be glad I wasn't on the Busa, and count myself lucky for all the times I HAVE NOT gotten a ticket.
I got a ticket on the Busa back in May while I was just cruisin along, enjoying the ride. He was coming the opposite way on a divided highway and I didn't even notice him until he'd flipped a U and come up behind me. Same thing - 80 in a 65. I was so mad until I put it in perspective... earlier in the ride I'd really gotten on it up to about 150 for stretch. The irony of it all just makes me laugh.

Sorry about your ticket.... 2 years ago i got it too...In our Accord..Should have been riding the 71 SL100 Honda
laugh.gif

did you have a radar detector set up in the accord?
Nope, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  He was just over the rise, on the left shoulder, doing an instant on radar standing beside his car.

It was one of those ooh-chit moments
wow.gif
In most states to write someone a legit speeding ticket the officer must get a "locked-on" reading and instant on is just called a "speed sample"

I got one in my truck a few week ago on Thanksgivings Day. I was on the interstate heading to Pensacola Florida. Everybody was doing 80mph plus so I had the cruise control set at 87mph so I could keep up with traffic. Well, he singled me out and pulled me over and gave me a ticket ($181). Man, that ticket ruined my whole holiday weekend at my parents home. I took the online driving course though to keep my license point free.

URBAN COWBOY

their is no such thing as ticket quotas nor will their ever be. officers must make X "community contacts" per shift this has noting to do with wether he/she gives a written/verbal citation or warning, it is completely up to them.

so i wouldnt suggest going to court and saying it was the end of the month "he must have had a quota". cause all you will end up paying is more for the court fees.

we should get a topic on safe places to ride fast where your chances are lower of being caught.

Always contribute to the police assoc.
smile.gif
so unless I'm doing something totally stupid I get a warning.Put a sticker on both sides of the vehicle so it can be seen from either side.

Got to watch those Milw. County Sheriffs. Take it to court they may not show up. Most liekly they will show up so if it is a packed court they will deal down or out.

their is no such thing as ticket quotas nor will their ever be.  officers must make X "community contacts" per shift this has noting to do with wether he/she gives a written/verbal citation or warning, it is completely up to them.  

so i wouldnt suggest going to court and saying it was the end of the month "he must have had a quota".  cause all you will end up paying is more for the court fees.

we should get a topic on safe places to ride fast where your chances are lower of being caught.
Quick comment on the topic of "quotas". You are correct, there aren't quotas. Like any other profession though there are "performance standards". Have to write a certain number of moving violations, DUIs, parking violations, etc. each month. Don't have to call it a quota, but I sure as hell don't know the difference between the two. An officer can be fired for not writing enough tickets too. Recently, up here near Chicago, a local copper was fired for not meeting the "performance standards". That's all.

Damn! Sucks to get a speeding ticket for sure, but to get one in a Honda! Well, it's almost a crime in itself...
tounge.gif

I keep telling myself, if I'm going to get a ticket, GET A TICKET...on the Busa...it's almost a waste to get one on anything else...
wink.gif

Back