my speeding ticket got dismissed!

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
yeah... last year in october i got a speeding ticket in my car and i pleaded "not guilty see jury" and yesterday was my court date and after my name was called i sat in front the D.A. and i did not see my officer present there. so.. he looked at me and said that to slow down and speeding is not safe thing to do............... then he dismissed my case and i am free to go!!:thumbsup:
saved me 150.00 dollars...:beerchug:

thank you lord or should i say thank you the system!!!

Lucky you. In Florida, many agencies penalize officers for failing to show.

Heppend to me once years ago, the officer did not want to give me a ticket but his sargeant made him...the officer did not show up in court (on purpose I believe) and it was dismissed~!~ :thumbsup:

I sent a big THANK YOU to that officer~!!~

Lucky you. In Florida, many agencies penalize officers for failing to show.

i guess sometimes they look at the case and how serious it is. i have not had traffic violation for 8 years and this was speeding 58 on 45.
now if it was no insurance, red light, school or construction zone or more serious cases could have had different outcome.

congrats. you gotta love it when the officer is a no show. The only time I went to court it started out by the judge calling about 5 people up to the bench. He then stated that seeing as how the officer didn't see the need to be here you all get to go home free and clear.

Last edited:
I was ridin with a buddy of mine last year with the paper plate on my bike the buddy i was ridin with was being dumb and got both of us pulled wrot me for careless driving and all i did is look back and the cop points at me to pull over i was just criusing along doin the speed limit i got my family lawyer and he did my case for a hundred dollars and city i live in wanted the ticket to stick i would of had to sell my brand new bike cause the insurance would of been crazy high

i would get a ticket for doing 26 in a 25 and they would still show up!

You guys are fortunate! In this wonderful LIBERAL Evergreen State of Washington, the officer is not required to appear in court, you have to Suphoena him/her. Even then, if he doesn't show up, it doesn't necessarily get you off the hook. His traffic report IS his statement. The judge relies on his written report as to the circumstances.

When you live in a Liberal Controlled state like Washington it seems everything is designed to take your money! :(

Interstate-5 from British Columbia to Portland, Oregon is a bee hive of the men in blue. Many of which are in all sorts of unmarked vehicles. I've seen Pickups with canopy, Jeep Cherokee, Rav, Vans and the list goes on and on. They seem to thrive on the airplane tickets on every sunny day. Every man in blue should have "REVENUE ENFORCEMENT" below their name tag.

Last edited:
+1 on VBs comment .
In Florida the officer write the same date or 2 dates on all tickets they give out.
Their court dates are already assigned at months beginning.
They are directed to be there for every ticket they write and take 1-2 days off beat to go to court for all the tixs they have written.
They dont miss a thing here !

Yeah , when I had a "Performance Award" I had enough time to drop back to double digits (because of my Radar Detector) before he got me for 85 in 65. I acted innocent and claimed speedo error.
I went to court with a shop bill for a new speedo cable and ticket was reduced to $50 and no points due to "mechanical malfunction" JFYI

yeah... last year in october i got a speeding ticket in my car and i pleaded "not guilty see jury" and yesterday was my court date and after my name was called i sat in front the D.A. and i did not see my officer present there. so.. he looked at me and said that to slow down and speeding is not safe thing to do............... then he dismissed my case and i am free to go!!:thumbsup:
saved me 150.00 dollars...:beerchug:

thank you lord or should i say thank you the system!!!

That rocks! Lord did shine down on you for that one :agree:

Back