Custom Fender Mod

how much of that plastic was support? can you push the fender into the tire if you try? just curious what it will do at speed is all.. I have seen the aftermarket one like this but never seen one in person ..

The fender is ridgid enough to withstand speed, both sides have plenty of meat on the perimeter. I took that into consideration when I altered it. I planned for a day or two, pros and cons. I drew up about a dozen stencils and then used a grease pencil to perfect the premade stencil. I dont have a full pic of the pic with the front fender alteration. All of my fairings are off. I do have a pic before a few of my mods I can post...........here's one.

0609081405.jpg

My newest mods are my front fender, chromed speedo bezel, radiator v-trim, painted dash panels gloss black, painted windscreen gloss black, air ride, gas cap, oil cap, and a few other things Im probably missing ....I traced my clutch cover derby the other day around my fairing to prepare for my other project.....clutch cover cutout. This winter has been interesting. I can say that DIY mods are much more interesting than just buying something and bolting it on.

I used to live in Chautauqua County but thats like the big toe of NY pokin at Erie County, PA where i live now
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually .....I have had quite a few people ask me if I would mod their front fenders the same way. Its quite a bit of work, but Im considering it seriously. When I saw it mounted I knew it was right on.

No, havent heard of them. Thanx....I'd like to stencil a few more designs. I think its a mod that will become popular

Back