My fender mod...

Great job. That's the only mod I've done so far. It is not as pretty as yours, but since the license plate covers the cut, it's alright. :cool:

bump.gif

A couple of views of mine done

I cut so only a small piece of the original fender remained to drill holes and bolt the license plate holder to... that plastic is strong !!!

I filled all the holes from the reflector or any other hole I could find... sanded it all out...smooth

then taped everything off and flat blacked the entire left over under tail... looks like new

the integrated tail light is the only way to go

undertail_back2.jpg

Yeah, I've been debating to cut the shovel off or not since this thread started in nov '03 and I STILL don't know what to do....
firedevil.gif

cheers
ken

wow!! This thread is OLD SKOOL!! And here I thought BT made a comeback.
lurk.gif

Greeting fellow biker
WELCOME!!!

Kind of depends on what undertail you go with.. Most, Top Gun, UFO, and others like them will require you to trim it to look about like the pic below.. Not really a big deal at all..

cut everything below the subframe in a straight line all the way to the back of the bike.  Then find the vertical mounting bolts for the undertail. They are on the top side of the plastic near the back of the bike.  Cut everything behind this(see pic) and you're done.

cut+undertail.jpg

Back