Custom fender venting via disc lock!!

HawaiiFiveOh

Registered
So...yesterday i went to roll the bike out of its wheel chock and ran into a little problem. It had just about cleared the chock when it just stopped. I thought perhaps there was a screwdriver under the tire, and continued to push. It wasn't until after the crunch that I remembered I had a disc lock on.:banghead: And now I need a new fender. As I'm looking I can't help to ask if a genII fender will bolt onto a genI front end. I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. So what's the word?

Different forks. Different bolt pattern.

Hop on eBay & see what you can find. I think I've even got a spare Gen-I fender that needs paint though.

I've got a Coerce carbon fender for Gen 1 I can't use anymore since I switched to Gen 2 front. I'll take a hit and sell it for $175.00 shipped in US if interested.

Max MC Direct

coerce.JPG

I've got a Coerce carbon fender for Gen 1 I can't use anymore since I switched to Gen 2 front. I'll take a hit and sell it for $175.00 shipped in US if interested.

I appreciate the offer, however I'm not a fan of the gixxer fender on the busa or carbon fiber. Call me crazy.
I've checked ebay and obviously found a couple for sale, but I found a genII locally on craigslist hence the original question. As far as paint goes any fender I got would have to be painted to match the bike so no issue there.

After the fener replacement, you may want to consider a RoadLoK instead of a disk lock..

Roadlok is the way to go pal,i have encountered the same problem as you.Thats for sure,mine front fender side cracked thanks to the front brake disc brake lock when i forgot to removed it

I can see how the roadlok would prevent this from happening but, and I know I'm not helping my situation, I don't want that hanging off the back of my bike.

bikefender 005.jpg

bikefender 003.jpg

That sucks. Good reason to use one of those plastic coil things that runs from the lock up to the handlebars.

you know, i found a killer carbon front fender on ebay when i had to replace mine. just look, you'll find something. oh, and it looks amazing on a white busa.

Get yourself a red colored rubber band which you keep in only two possible places - either on your lock or on your right handlebar - this way you won't forget in the future.

Back