Dumbazz of the Day award goes to ME!

bazooki

Registered
Okay, I was out for a nice ride yesterday afternoon with my GF and we stopped at a nice restaurant patio overlooking a waterway for our dinner. I went to put my Xena disc alarm on the rear disc when I realized I had forgotten my key so instead I just put my old disc lock on the front disc and off we went to dinner. Afterwards we come out and I tell my GF to just wait a minute while I back the bike up before she gets aboard. You can probably guess what happens next. As I am rolling the bike back I hear a horrible sound of plastic fender snapping and immediately remember what I have forgotten. The bloody disc lock has rotated counterclockwise and ripped a nice size chunk out of my previously spotless fender. OUCH!

Now I need a replacement. Anybody have any recommendations for a really nice carbon fibre fender or a suitable stock or aftermarket for an 05 black/grey?

Your not the only one with bad mojo this week...first, I buy a new RF1100 helmet yesterday, the sales person left the anti theft device attached to the chin strap (his bad) I MUST remove it and the dealer is 70 miles away..hmm side cutting pliers..looks like it will work..snip! nice cut now in the chin strap (my bad). Next, I pick the tank bag up off my desk in the garage, not knowing that the magnets have picked up some rust particles from the drop hitch that was sitting near it..scratches on the tank. big sigh:banghead:

Yeah, that is one crazy looking fender....is it only available in need to be painted white? I was hoping for black....

Your not the only one with bad mojo this week...first, I buy a new RF1100 helmet yesterday, the sales person left the anti theft device attached to the chin strap (his bad) I MUST remove it and the dealer is 70 miles away..hmm side cutting pliers..looks like it will work..snip! nice cut now in the chin strap (my bad). Next, I pick the tank bag up off my desk in the garage, not knowing that the magnets have picked up some rust particles from the drop hitch that was sitting near it..scratches on the tank. big sigh:banghead:

Okay, your karma yesterday was even worse than mine. I don't feel so bad now......

I've done it, same as you, went to back the bike up and forgot the disc lock on the front, heard a noise then remembered, luckily no damage.
Got one of those thing what you put on your disc lock and attach to you handle bars now.

The carbon fiber looks great on the '05 black/gray. In the states the '05 LE was dark gray and looked very similar to the '08 black.

Yeah, that is one crazy looking fender....is it only available in need to be painted white? I was hoping for black....

I would bet that it would be less expensive buying this fender and having it painted than a factory one ? 125.00 sounds real reasonable compared to factory plastic.
Plus I think it looks mean !!
I'm just sayin'.....

I would bet that it would be less expensive buying this fender and having it painted than a factory one ? 125.00 sounds real reasonable compared to factory plastic.
Plus I think it looks mean !!
I'm just sayin'.....

I am starting to lean towards the Tiger fender although the cf fenders are nice too....I saw one on ebay made by a company called Bestem? Does anybody know anything about these? Also, with the Tiger fender I am thinking that just plain black paint might actually look better than the grey over black of the original fender....more black and less grey is meaner...

arrgghh! :banghead: that's why i went ahead and bought a RoadLok because i knew i would end up doing that exact same thing sooner or later :laugh:

Booo that sucks... think of it this way though.. God wanted you to have a new cooler front fender.. he just wants you to pay for it.

Back