Xena Disc lock? Any thoughts?

I have the XX6 Yellow and it works great for my 06. I chose yellow because I can see it as I'm approaching the bike and won't forget that its on. With the stainless, it's too easy to forget. The newer versions have the alarm on the inside to prevent you from covering it up. The only negative thing that I would say is that you need to be really fast when taking it off because the alarm is very sensitive and only gives you a couple of seconds to deactivate it. As for fitment, Xena has a printable template you can download here.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/fitment/dir_attachments/2_0.pdf

Just print it, cut it out and line it up with your rotor.

same here...Fits in the trunk. Works good. but alarm is ok. Guess it is better then no alarm at all. Mine is not very loud.

I ended up getting a good deal on the XX-14 for $80...a great deal. Works like a charm on my rear rotor and the alarm is decent. However...I didn't secure it very well in my truck and it bounced into the back of the custom tail..hitting a turn signal mount and pushing the lens cap off...GRRRRR!!! :banghead:

I went cheap and bought the Chinese version off eBay, with alarm/shock sensor and springy string/chord thing to put on your handlebars as a reminder. It's a pretty chrome colour too! I think it was about $25 delivered to Australia. Had it nearly 3 years with no problems.

I have one made by Xena I got off ebay (NOS) but it's much bigger and had INDIAN on it. I guess they came with the bike when new. The alarm was nice but I don't use it anymore. It required 6 button batteries and when they get low on juice the thing starts going off by itself. Since I got a securtity chain I just never replaced the batteries, probably should though.

And yes I've forgotten it numerous times which is why I take off S-L-O-W-L-Y! :rofl:

This just happened to be the most current "Bike Lock" thread I could dredge up, so if I'm off base...

I came across this HipLock grinder proof lock review today, which seems cool, but it got me thinking. If a scumbag, or group of them really wants your bike what is the next easiest thing to cut through to steal your bike? Ive seen videos of them cutting through the rotors to get around a disc lock. A fork leg would be easy to cut through if they really wanted too. Just sickens me that in this day and age you have to resort to such extreme measures just to hang onto what is yours!

Somebody needs to invent an aerial 8k security drone with ~12 hour loiter time, and a flame thrower! Anyone touches your bike and it swoops down and Voila, Scumbag flambé.

If they're going to cut through a lock or around it onsite, might as well loosen the rotor bolts and take the whole wheel off. Remove rotor and put the wheel back on. As much as I like the drone idea, there's no way to protect a bike from thieves.

Back