My fender mod...

I have never had a problem with gunk actually getting on the bike or me because of a trimmed or removed DOT fender. No "Stripe" if that is what you mean. Now people following you may be soaked by the monster rooster tail in the wet but I allways considered that Tailgate protection...

Funny, I've never had too many problems with tailgaters when riding the Busa:) and yep "Stripe" is exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks for the answers, it looks like a great mod for a little effort...

Baby steps Bullet, just cut the F' er out already and dont look back. My plate is mounted on 2 aluminum strips bolted to the underpan.Clean and simple. Turn signal mod cleans it up even more but I must admit I dont think it works that well so Ive ordered some LEDs to play with on that front .

bigfootplate.jpg

Have any of ya'll mud flap butchers had any problems with sling getting on your tail light or the back of yer jacket?

Nope, took mine out today and itstarted raining so to test my theory i started doing burnouts and speeding. Stopped looked ast the bike nothing on the top or rear of bike. just underneath. Nothing on jacket either. The hugger I ordered shoud alleviate the gunk underneath.

Nope, took mine out today and itstarted raining so to test my theory i started doing burnouts and speeding.  Stopped looked ast the bike nothing on the top or rear of bike.  just underneath.  Nothing on jacket either.  The hugger I ordered shoud alleviate the gunk underneath.
How about when you ride the waves like in your avatar? :super: :D

I was going to comment on BusaBrother's avatar also. Looks cool. Anyway, you guys are giving me lots of ideas for my 'butt lift.' I am definitely torn between this type mod and the undertail. Whatever happens will be done this winter.

Nice mod BT!! I like your rear!! But to me it's just a tease, go on and take it all off!! Give us the full monty!! That's what I like.. smooth, clean, and sleek looking... check it out' (Pre-purple Busie) Brackets installed underneath for lic plate, smoothed out like a baby's bottom with a dremel....

Lo_Lic_Plate.jpg

Nice mod BT!!  I like your rear!!  But to me it's just a tease, go on and take it all off!!  Give us the full monty!!  That's what I like.. smooth, clean, and sleek looking...  check it out'  (Pre-purple Busie)  Brackets installed underneath for lic plate, smoothed out like a baby's bottom with a dremel....
Dang Lo, you had me wound up there for a minute, 'til I figured out you were talking about my busa's rear! Hehehehe... :lauch:

Nice job on the tail mod. I will end up going shorter but I want to be sure of how I want to do it before I cut more off. I have fri-sat-sun off this weekend. Gives me plenty of time to get it right. ;)

Thanks for the pic. :D

Yeah Bullet watch yourself, You really do not want to cut ANYTHING TOO SHORT...That woud be bad...I mean too much cut off...Man...That would be bad...

Go on train whack it off completely! One of the best & cheapest mods I did. Seriously it looks waaaaay better with out. And a buddy of mine saw a new busa and thought it was a completely different model than mine cause of the single exhaust and no mud flap.
I may cut more, but I don't want to eliminate the turn signals just yet. I haven't found a tail/turn light treatment yet that I want to go with. So far, the one posted in the mods section where the guy used a clear lens and put the turn signals inside the brake light is the best I've seen. I may duplicate that mod and then remove the rest of the fender and the stalk mounts. Until I decide on a lighting arrangement I don't want to get too crazy. ;)
Hey Bro, I think the Key to the tail llight mod is buying another one off of Ebay first, and cutting and modding that one.  I love 03BusaLTD's turn signal mod, has to be one of the cleanest I have seen in a while.

I think I am going to follow in his footsteps.  But I want a practice or aftermarket assembly to work with.  Besides once I get a different assembly who knows what kind of LED Mischief I can get into.

Oh hey, Do you know of a product that can polish scratches out of plexi?  I finally cut down a factory screen to make like a convertable windscreen but I gotta polish some of the scratches out.  Functionally it worked out pretty well, I'll post pics but I wanted to get it polished up first.  I can see all my gauges and it got a little quieter as well, looks funky but I think it's sorta interesting.  VA and Raider gave it a thumbs up...

Rev
Rev, Mother's Plastic Polish. Simply the best.

For the screen, make sure you have a clean screen (wash with luke warm water and mild (non-Alkaline) soap.

With a clean white terry towel apply a small amount to a section at a time in a front to back motion.

Polish clean with another clean white non-streaking towel.

Follow up with window cleaning once all haze has been removed and desired look is acheived.

I recommend removing the screen for best control and results.

IF you are bold enough to try a 1500-2000 grit on your windscreen, remember that all marks will be permanent, so try a tiny spot in the corner first before you continue to see that what you are trying will make you happy in the end.

Yeah Bullet watch yourself, You really do not want to cut ANYTHING TOO SHORT...That woud be bad...I mean too much cut off...Man...That would be bad...
Hehehehe... :laugh: Actually, it's not how short my ass gets that I'm worried about. I want to make sure it stays smooth and shapely!!! Hehehehehehehe... :laugh: :;);

Yeah?  Well I love a "Chick" that could wipe the floor with your ass!!! :rofl:

Go on train whack it off completely! One of the best & cheapest mods I did. Seriously it looks waaaaay better with out. And a buddy of mine saw a new busa and thought it was a completely different model than mine cause of the single exhaust and no mud flap.
I may cut more, but I don't want to eliminate the turn signals just yet. I haven't found a tail/turn light treatment yet that I want to go with. So far, the one posted in the mods section where the guy used a clear lens and put the turn signals inside the brake light is the best I've seen. I may duplicate that mod and then remove the rest of the fender and the stalk mounts. Until I decide on a lighting arrangement I don't want to get too crazy. ;)
Good idea bubba, I personally dont like the intergrated tailight/turnsig. I want that sucker to blink bright when i am turnin. ( safety 1st! ) oh and you can use sand paper to finish then smooth with heat gun.

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068093558 -->

Back