fender bolts

O3Busa

Registered
okay, now im gettin irritated. i bought my bike about 2 months ago and immediately took it apart cuz the paint was hideous. i put the bolts for the front in a seperate bag from the bolts in the back. the guy had screws holdin the undertail, phillips head bolts replacing some of the fairing bolts and missing the bracket holding the side fairings together on the bottom. well i got the bike painted and put everything back together. now im missing every single bolt that holds the front fender on and although i somehow came out with extra bolts, none of them fit and the local suzuki shopped told me it was 35 bucks for 6 freakin bolts. screw that. i need the kojak kit but not in the budget for the next couple weeks and weather is nice now! i have ridden once or twice without the fender but to me, looks better with it. any idea what the threads are for the front fender so i can get some temporary bolts from the hardware shop? thanks in advance

Get on HondaEastToledo.com, look at their online microfiche which shows diagrams with bolts everything the bike has on it. Add them to your cart and copy down the part numbers then shoot Justin a message here on the Org (Honda East Justin, hes a sponsor) or call him because he gives better prices than their website shows. 419-891-1230 Ex 2

I just bought a ton of bolts for him that i was missing off my fairings way cheaper than a normal dealer would charge. He will get you straightened out

i have ridden once or twice without the fender but to me, looks better with it. any idea what the threads are for the front fender so i can get some temporary bolts from the hardware shop? thanks in advance

Just a heads up, I rode without my front fender around my neighborhood for a bit once. That led to me having to purchase some stainless steel braided lines that night. The tire ate trough the line that jumps from caliper to caliper.
And I'm pretty sure that the front fender bolts are the same size as the rest of the fairing bolts, except the ones with the larger diameter head obviously. What you won't have are the black plastic washers that go in the front fender.

From the diagram they do not appear to be the same bolts and have different part numbers. Fairing bolts may fit but they are different

I would guess if anything a different overall length or maybe shoulder length. However I meant, and should have been more specific, as far as thread size/pitch they should be the same.
I am tempted to go to the garage to check now though.

I'll take.a look in the garage tonight, I've got a bag of bolts, maybe I can help ya out. Don't go buying anything expensive just yet. :thumbsup:
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

ok i dont know what the deal is but its drivin me nuts. i dont know if the fork leg threads are stripped or what. i went to the hardware store and got a 6 mm bolt with a 1.00 pitch and the pitch was off. went back to get a 5 mm bolt with a .8 pitch and the bolt wasnt big enough. the small fairing bolts are too small. yet the big fairing bolts are too big! very frustrating cuz im located in oklahoma and the nice days are here, well nice enough to get out and ride, and im ready to show this baby off haha. i just painted it and it was my first time painting sooo im just anxious and this is irritating. i appreciate all your help. :bowdown:

Mine measured out m6x1.0 5/8" long

Your lucky i lost my entire rear peg mounts and pegs for the past 4 months, managed to keep all my bolts in one place though:rofl:

I thought I had em, even got em out only to find the dont match up with whats holding my fender on. I'd say get ahold of Justin at HondaEast as RusselJ said, be the cheapest there.

Back