Confused over ZX 14 add

iride

Registered
I always thought the ZX 14 was down 10 H/P over the 2008 busa and up..
Stock bikes now,,,
I just seen an add , and it said the ZX 14 was the , Well see below...
Has Kawasaki have a big revamp comming up on the 14 ???
Or is this just a little BS...

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14: the most powerful and the fastest production motorcycle in history

i dont know about the 2012's but i had seen a newer independiente review of the gen2 busa and zx14 the end resualt was the busa was still faster and cornered better but they liked the ergo of the zx14 better

Till I see it in the Guinness book it hasn't happened yet:poke: :laugh::laugh:

A lot of nice Dyno sheets come with the new bikes but till they take the title it stays in Suzuki camp

Of course Kawi wants to :poke: Suzuki. They've been after the title for how long now? If they produce a gen II Zed then Suzuki will produce a Gen III Busa which will murder them and eat their bikes before the public sits on them. Thank GOD for Suzuki!

:moon:KAWASAKI!

i remember when this feud started in 99 with the busa and the zx12, kawi even delayed release of the 12 so they could squezz more power out of it and still lost to the busa

True, the busa has crushed everything else, when will Kawi stop and realize their bike isn't slow but isn't the fastest but definatly gets the ugly points. Damn thing looks like an alien with gillz! :laugh:

Any of you experts actually ridden a 14?

Hmmmm?

:poke:

:laugh:

I owned one. Nice bike. Goes as hard as the Bus above 6K. Stock ergos, headlight(s) and front brakes are superior.

The Bus is a better overall package, but the 14 is no slouch.

:beerchug:

Hmmmm?

I owned one. Nice bike. Goes as hard as the Bus above 6K. Stock ergos, headlight(s) and front brakes are superior.

You are so right, it is no slouch! It also is not good looking nor will it ever be a legend/icon such as the Hayabusa. I actually will admit I have ridden a few and it was the deciding factor to purchase the Hayabusa.

Hmmmm?

My best friend has a 2007 ZX-14 and it is a beast. He had the engine tuned and customized by Cooper Performance down in Warner Robins GA. It was the inspiration for me getting my busa. I think they are so closely matched that it all comes down to what fits you better. I cannot stand the side look of a the 14, but do like the front cowl. I like everything about the busa, so the choice was clear for me.

Never discount Kawi, they have a lot deeper pockets than Suzuki, just a kinda know your enemy thing.. :laugh:

stock for stock, in 08 the gen2 made more power than the 08 zx14

but it was like a half of a horsepower:whistle:

not sure about the newest listings for power

it's all what you like bro

who in there right mind would not want a brand new zx14

i myself, if i had the choice would want the gen2

Hmmmm?

Yeah, the factory has Ricky Gadsen running them down the standing mile :laugh: 70 MPH through the traps below private citizens on a Gen I :laugh:

kawasaki will hire and 80lb guy to ride their bike in the shoot out but put one of their 260lbs test rider on the suzuki and say that they one the shoot out...:whistle:

07 14 with a full system and a fast card, dynoed 187 hp. I kinda miss my 07

Both great bikes, but I think the Busa is much better looking and, of course, well...it's a BUSA!

Not sure the zx14 vs gsxr1300 speed/power argument means much any more anyway now that they have the zx10 which generates more power and is much lighter.

Back