clumsy people

dilligaf

Registered
I notice threads on here every so often about people that let their bikes fall over in parking lots or garages. I try to understand the purpose of these threads, but I still have not.

If they were describing what happened and trying to locate parts, it would make sense. However, all I see is how it made them feel sick and they seem to only want sympathy. ???

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why I should care.

I have never dropped any of my bikes in a garage or whatever in almost 20 years of riding. Crashed? Yes. Just being a clutz? No.

Maybe you should knock your bike over in the garage and you would discover a new motivation to post. :whistle:

Maybe you should knock your bike over in the garage and you would discover a new motivation to post. :whistle:

Why do I need new motivation? I was just asking a question.

But maybe I could go to someone else's garage and knock one over, you think that would give me motivation?

well odd as it may seem... this forum is a lot like family to most that post at all.. Many know each other from MnG's (I bet I know at least a dozen people from here :))

When something happens to the bike, family or friend, the need to share with friends enters the picture.. perhaps in time you will understand it.. till then, hope you can make some of our get togethers.. really can be a life changing weekend when you come across such a diverse group with a similar passion..

well odd as it may seem... this forum is a lot like family to most that post at all.. Many know each other from MnG's (I bet I know at least a dozen people from here :))

When something happens to the bike, family or friend, the need to share with friends enters the picture.. perhaps in time you will understand it.. till then, hope you can make some of our get togethers.. really can be a life changing weekend when you come across such a diverse group with a similar passion..

Well stated, with any luck I may get to attend one of these days!! :beerchug:

My 'clumsy' act was the first in 20+ years of riding.

We're sympathedic with others who've had brain-knots at the worst times because in being human, ****e happens and who knows when it'll be your turn.

Most everyone gets a turn in one shape or form...

No More Needs To Be Said , Well Put Randy !!!! :thumbsup:

Censoring now?

What are we, a bunch of kids who might get over excited and suffer a giggle-fit at the word 'poo-poo'??

Censoring now?

What are we, a bunch of kids who might get over excited and suffer a giggle-fit at the word 'poo-poo'??
offensive word filter.. and yep, some would be offended to have the kids reading a few commonly used 4 letter words (.oRg prides itself as "family friendly") ... There are boards that think little of it however.. easy enough to find :)

I've done it and felt very ****ty (wet grass, uphill incline). So I can pass along the sympathy that I was given.

Thanks, I kinda get it now. Get togethers? Are there any other than Deal's Gap?

That is very nicely put. Glad I read this before posting. Yours is MUCH better than mine.:thumbsup:

Well stated, with any luck I may get to attend one of these days!! :beerchug:

It'll change the org. experience to the better. Nothing beats meeting friends and putting faces to screen names. Tons of good people and friends to be made here.:beerchug:

Why do I need new motivation? I was just asking a question.

But maybe I could go to someone else's garage and knock one over, you think that would give me motivation?

Come on by, I have a few bikes you can knock over.
i'm sorry was I being a smart azz?:poke:

If it happens to you, post up. We may give you a little ribbing, but we'll try to make you feel a little better about it. Let's hope no one else needs to post on this subject, though accidents tend to happen occasionally.

Thanks, I kinda get it now. Get togethers? Are there any other than Deal's Gap?
heck yea there are... You have lots of .oRgsters in your neck of the country too... Deals Gap (Busa Bash) is just the I guess what you would call the "Biggy".. There are track days, informal runs, and plenty of other stuff going on at what I suppose you would call the local level.. Just put a shout out and find the folks in your area...

honestly, (and I KNOW I speak for a good number of others) that the people here are some of my best friends.. (and I met ever one of them on the net :))

It is really amazing some of the people you get to know here and THEN you meet them in person... Oh my some of the most outrageous reality checks.. Lycan comes to mind... NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS... :)

BTW.. sorry FL has gotten so pissy about plates, wheelies and other shenanigans, but I guess with year round riding you got some real clowns running the streets... do you think it is going to affect tourism from bikers?

Last edited:
heck yea there are... You have lots of .oRgsters in your neck of the country too... Deals Gap (Busa Bash) is just the I guess what you would call the "Biggy".. There are track days, informal runs, and plenty of other stuff going on at what I suppose you would call the local level.. Just put a shout out and find the folks in your area...

BTW.. sorry FL has gotten so pissy about plates, wheelies and other shenanigans, but I guess with year round riding you got some real clowns running the streets... do you think it is going to affect tourism from bikers?

Most of what I have seen in the southeast forum is N.C. stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean about pissy.

Mount your tag horizontal, keep the stunts away from the people that would call in on you, and your speed below 50 mph over the limit.

Tourism is mostly Hardley's anyway, so I would say that only 1 of those (the tag thing) would affect them.

offensive word filter.. and yep, some would be offended to have the kids reading a few commonly used 4 letter words (.oRg prides itself as "family friendly") ... There are boards that think little of it however.. easy enough to find :)

These days some people find Sesame Street to be considered offensive...

I don't necessarily agree (as in why would a child/kid be reading the .oRg anyways?) but 'Your house-Your rules' so I'll respect it.

Is 'Ka-Ka' okay? ;-)

Back