Warning: Keyless ignition

Must admit i'm hav'in a little trouble with my FOB clean fuel car... Problem is that you pull up in the garage and the car isn't running - on battery power. then you vacate the car(engine not running) and it fires up after a period on time to recharge batteries... It's more akin to leaving your lights on and going into a party only to find out your battery is dead - think we've all done that before!

But, after about 6 months it's starting to become 2nd nature.

who locks the door from the inside garage to the house. Seems redundant if the garage door is closed. Inless you lock your inside door, and leave the garage door up all the time and let people have access to your stuff in the garage.

Redumdent. Maybe.Lock it or lose it.

When The House Mouse's car got stolen there were some interesting things in it left behind by the fuggin criminals....like about 10 automatic garage door openers of all varieties,all with different codes entered.The cops figured they were driving around in our CRX looking for any garage door that would open.Once they found a door that would open,gaining access to the house was easy because....

who locks the door from the inside garage to the house. Seems redundant if the garage door is closed. :whistle:

To each his own. :laugh:

I can see the headlines now "major recall to retrofit CO sensors on cars".

They will even force Chevy to put it on the Volt.

As far as all Fords go as soon as you open the door the accessories will turn off as well as battery power.

So I have a serious question about this...
Scenario: keyless ignition on a hybrid car

You drive home, 25mph in your neighborhood. Car goes into electric mode i.e. engine off
You pull into garage, close garage door, get out, get groceries, kids are screaming, dogs are barking.
You go into house, drop off groceries, start doing your normal routine.
Car is left ON.

Battery is running electronics/dashboard etc. Battery gets a little low and engine kicks on to charge things up.

Could it happen? What's the worse that could happen?

I've got a turbo timer that keeps my car running after I've turned the key and taken it out of the ignition, but I'm still smart enough to leave the garage before I get sleepy and rest my eyes for a bit.....
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Kinda like the camera that backs it in a parking spot for ya, People just dont have to think for there self anymore.

Redumdent. Maybe.Lock it or lose it.

When The House Mouse's car got stolen there were some interesting things in it left behind by the fuggin criminals....like about 10 automatic garage door openers of all varieties,all with different codes entered.The cops figured they were driving around in our CRX looking for any garage door that would open.Once they found a door that would open,gaining access to the house was easy because....

who locks the door from the inside garage to the house. Seems redundant if the garage door is closed. :whistle:

To each his own. :laugh:

To add to this, I know in my area we have a small airport close by which my house is right in line with decent. I do not know how many times my door has opened or closed due to a plane flying overhead. It happens and is unusual I know but it does. However my garage is so crammed pack with junk that all my cars are outside anyways lol.

I rented a car with the keyless ignition and I think was pretty cool, I never forgot to shut it off. Maybe I got use to it right away ???

Today show just ran a story on people with keyless ignition cars. They drive home into the garage and forget to turn off the car and gas themselves with carbon monoxide.
Is this the car companies fault or is this just natural selection? I tend to think something is wrong with people who do not have the simple awareness to turn off their car after they park in the garage. Really ... is it so different pushing a button or turning a key. I am amazed that they have the gall to sue the car company. Is this just me or is common sense a thing of the past? We have the push button start and never forget to turn the car off. And if you think it is just the elderly, it is not. Should these people take a test before they can purchase a keyless ignition vehicle. Get ready for another lawyer warning label on the cars with keyless ignition. It should read, hey stupid, turn the car off after you close the garage door!!! :banghead:

Just so we dont all get frustrated.....
remember this

there is

NO SUCH THING AS COMMON SENSE !!!

:banghead: :laugh:

The car doesn't turn it self on why should it turn itself off. Owner fault but they may win anyway.

This reminds me of a story told at the dealership I bought my RV from. An elderly couple bought this huge Bus RV and headed out on a trip accross the US. Got all loaded up and on thier way, set the cruise control once they got on the freeway then got up and started vacuuming and doing dishes. They thought it had autopilot! Ends up all they had was autostupid. Fortunately, they wrecked into a barrier and didn't hurt anyone else.

Back