Considering Going Keyless

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
For some reason I thought about making the bike keyless. I don't know why, but I thought I could get a connector (off another wiring harness), cut it and jumper the correct wires together to make it hot. Then control the ignition by the cut-off switch.

I just don't know if I want to do it. What are the chances of someone flipping the kill switch while unattended.

Would it work other than the lack of security?

Get a bike alarm.
If it has an armed output (neg or pos) have that fire a relay that will lock out the switch. If not the LED output wire can be used to fire a relay.

This way if the alarm is on.....it would act as if the key was off and only if the alarm is deactavated would your bar switch work.

I am now rigging up a clap activated system on my bike, so I can clap on or clap off.
Its gonna be sweeeeet!

-JH

(Jonny Hotnuts @ Jan. 22 2007,23:26) I am now rigging up a clap activated system on my bike, so I can clap on or clap off.
Its gonna be sweeeeet!

-JH
ices_rofl.gif

I could see it now I would fart on my baby going down the highway and she would shut off....then clapping like a mad man throwing my gloves of to try and get her going again.

Yes it will work, but you have to install the 100 ohm resistor since the one in your ignition switch will be removed from the wiring circuit.

Back