Sato Rear Brake Light Switch -?

Mythos

Registered
I am planning to use the brake fluid pressure switch that came with my Sato rearsets but the directions seem to be incomplete. They say to 'cut the connector lead to the brake light off and connect the two wires from the lead to the two wires on the pressure switch.'

Problem is, both wires from the pressure switch are yellow. One OEM wire that goes to the light is yellow and the other is white. I don't know which wire goes to which. Anyone know how this goes??:banghead: .

It does not matter, just hook them up to the oem wires.

Yes, GIXERHP, isn't that weird?? I have only ever connected specific wires. There is usually only one correct +/- way. I read a similar comment on an R1 forum about a pressure switch but I was not sure if I should try it or not. Thank you for confirming that for me.

As far as cutting the connector off to join the wires, that is unnecessary. each of the switch wires has a small flat contact crimped on the end. they look like they will slide right into the contacts in the connector lead. Perhaps I 'll need to file the contacts a bit smaller/thinner to make them fit safely but other than that, a little electrical tape to insulate and hold them in place should be all it takes.

Back