Gen 1 Busa Ignition Switch Wiring Help Please!

JonTheHoeeible

Registered
Hey everyone. Someone tried to steal my 2005 Busa and smashed the ignition and the metal housing to bits :(

I am going to put a keyless ignition in, but, I have no idea of the wiring and cant find it anywhere!

Is anyone able to help out with letting me know:

Wiring to ignition connector (plug) layout and names etc? I am guessing red is positive :laugh:

I still have the connector plugged into the bike where the snipped it so if it remaps from that I can handle it as long as I know what wire is what etc

Ben shaw of extreme creations in Sydney
is the man to fit it for you...as far as I know he also supplies them.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the contact, but I already have the Switch. My problem is the only wiring diagram I can find is Gen 2 Busa. If I can find the Gen 1 I should be able to just compare them as I have instructions to wire to Gen 2.

I would really appreciate some help here. I am about to give up on this forum. I have asked for help a few times and no one ever really bothers. Pretty please? Until someone helps me out with a wiring diagram or something I cant ride my bike, Im sure if that was one of you, you would be pretty pissed. After all, isnt this what the forum help section is for?

I think a while back I read the ignition switch had an internal resistor and if you were going to eliminate the ignition switch that would need to add a resistor. Sorry I don't remember any more.

You could always buy another ignition switch for relatively cheap and use it if you are really that frustrated and want to ride, heck I kept a spare ignition switch in my parts box in the rare event that one would be needed at the track or a meet and greet.

Also, you may download the online manual and look through the wiring diagrams there. I would do it for you, but I'm a little short on time at the moment.

I have managed to wire it in. Thanks to you all for your help. And yes, a 100 ohm resistor is needed otherwise the ECU light comes on and it won't start!

Thanks for the feedback. It would be nice to have a little detail on what it took, so the next person will not have to as much research.

Thanks for the feedback. It would be nice to have a little detail on what it took, so the next person will not have to as much research.

Hey man, you are welcome. I have a little bit left to do and purposefully heat shrunk my wires in clear so I have taken pictures etc.

I am happy to put them up with a step by step guide in wiring up a remote keyless ignition. It would be specific to the one I have donw, but I sure wish I could have found even a different one someone else had already completed. Would have helped heaps. So guide will be posted over the next week or two when I get time to finish it and write it up.

I would really appreciate some help here. I am about to give up on this forum. I have asked for help a few times and no one ever really bothers. Pretty please? Until someone helps me out with a wiring diagram or something I cant ride my bike, Im sure if that was one of you, you would be pretty pissed. After all, isnt this what the forum help section is for?

Jon, did you get your issue sorted out?
I am reading this for the first time. I have some info and I make a keyless ignition system for the first gen busa, it's plug and play.
Let me know if you need any more help. Email is preferred as I am rarely on here.
My email is in my sig.

Back