Check out my Surgical Implants NO not that kind

OK, OK...I've seen enough to know I was pretty fortunate (but I did think a year was a long time for recovery :laugh: ) WOW! Lots of hardware here. Kudos to those who've made the trip and can talk about it with a smile. Here's to a complete recovery no matter how quickly it happens. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Went to the Doctor the other day here are some pics of my implants to hold the scapula together. I am feeling a lot better than I did Doc says I have 6 more weeks before I may be able to go back to work.
Getting parts for the Busa rebuild
Will be at spring Bash no riding this year

Hey those look like our implants Exactech? Are they?:whistle:

Hey those look like our implants Exactech? Are they?:whistle:

If they are someone made a lot of money. But they may be. The bill for that hardware was $15,200 I could not believe it . My wifes in her knee was $2000
I thought that was unreasonable, I guess the insurance did also,
Total for surgery and 1 day in hospital was $48,700 they adjusted [insurance]the price down to 31,000 Thats a lot for a day
Doctor made $7,200 for 3 hours work
I glad for the repair and very glad I had insurance

Heal! baby Heal!

my freak-show from 08

xray lable misc 005.jpg

I live in the land of the free(Canada) so mine cost me $45 for the ambulance ride. I think we can all thank the medical profession for putting us back together so we can live to ride another day!!! Thanks Doc Smithe and Will!!! You guys are great.

Alright we need a little background on this injury... OUCH!

I don't have a cool story like Greg....

Hard living as a teen:laugh: Honestly I think it was an accumulation of things but can't say for sure. Had a couple of bad accidents when I was younger and I guess it just caught up to me later in life. Woke up one day, stretched and something popped in my neck. The pain was on and off and it took about a year before they figured out what was wrong with me. Kept telling me it was muscular until one day a doctor decided to do an MRI. I had a ruptured disk and a herniated disk. The weeks before my surgery was the worst pain I've ever suffered in my life.

Hard living as a teen:laugh: Honestly I think it was an accumulation of things but can't say for sure. Had a couple of bad accidents when I was younger and I guess it just caught up to me later in life. Woke up one day, stretched and something popped in my neck. The pain was on and off and it took about a year before they figured out what was wrong with me. Kept telling me it was muscular until one day a doctor decided to do an MRI. I had a ruptured disk and a herniated disk. The weeks before my surgery was the worst pain I've ever suffered in my life.

Wow... Hopefully you're taking it a little easier these days... :whistle:

Blonds dont need cool stories:thumbsup:

If they are someone made a lot of money. But they may be. The bill for that hardware was $15,200 I could not believe it . My wifes in her knee was $2000
I thought that was unreasonable, I guess the insurance did also,
Total for surgery and 1 day in hospital was $48,700 they adjusted [insurance]the price down to 31,000 Thats a lot for a day
Doctor made $7,200 for 3 hours work
I glad for the repair and very glad I had insurance

If you could only see what goes into making them and all the costs you would not think it was expensive at all. And not to mention what the doctors have to go through it is really amazing when I did not work in this field I thought like you but wow what a wake up call I know it seems simple but no it really isn't and not to mention the life that we have compared to a doctor we are very lucky doctors in simple form dedicate their best years in their life to us you would be amazed to see how much they never get to do.

.... not to mention the life that we have compared to a doctor we are very lucky doctors in simple form dedicate their best years in their life to us you would be amazed to see how much they never get to do.

Yeppers! Seen this one up close and personal with my daughter. Two and a half year fight with cancer in a teaching hospital. Got to know a lot of people real well and couldn't believe the sacrifices made for education and the profession. Sometimes the justification seems unreasonable until we get to that 'other paradigm.' Would make you give a little more thought to what went into their being able to do what they do and why they do it. Compared to the services provided by the person there are also so many other administration expenses as well. This may be were I can be a little testy as the experiences I had weren't all that professional compared to what was expected from the doctor.

If you could only see what goes into making them and all the costs you would not think it was expensive at all. And not to mention what the doctors have to go through it is really amazing when I did not work in this field I thought like you but wow what a wake up call I know it seems simple but no it really isn't and not to mention the life that we have compared to a doctor we are very lucky doctors in simple form dedicate their best years in their life to us you would be amazed to see how much they never get to do.

That may have come off sounding ungrateful-I am not, I'm very thankful for the doctors good work.
Medical cost seem astronomical But I dont live in that world
I know how much a steam generator from GE cost. and how much it takes to go from a lump of coal to a light switch. Its all relative
I'm sure they [the implants are made from some special steel] under a clean environment

Back