Is this really necessary? Taking your DOG everywhere...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sitting in a doc's office right now. @omslaw is having a surgical procedure. A family has brought their 2 dogs in, neither can possibly be real assistance dogs because they've had to pull and hold them back every second. It just took them 5 minutes to get out the door because the dogs were not cooperating.

Did I mention there are surgical procedures going on here? I love dogs, miss my Great Danes like crazy, but I'm getting tired of so many thinking it's OK to haul your dog to every store, fill your cart with blankets so they're comfy while you buy milk and bread, sticking a dog in a baby carriage to fill some hole in your life while you shop at Walmart?! Come on people - at the doctor's office?!

How did anyone survive before "therapy pets"

I've got a cat I'm going to insist goes with me 24/7 now :rolleyes:
20181127_113017.jpg

20181127_112956.jpg

20181127_113039.jpg

My mom carries her dog like that everywhere they would allow it. I don't really have a problem with it as long as they are well behaved I guess. She's a lapdog pom anyways no big deal. Sweet dog. Better behaved than most kids. She doesn't carry it to a grocery store etc but its with her most of the time.

Ever consider people with allergies to dogs? Or like today, surgeries going on and someone can't leave their dogs at home?

I think it's over the top anymore...we used to take our Danes anywhere we could, but that meant PetSmart and dog parks, not food stores or a doctor's office.

Maybe it's just me

I'm sitting in a doc's office right now. @omslaw is having a surgical procedure. A family has brought their 2 dogs in, neither can possibly be real assistance dogs because they've had to pull and hold them back every second. It just took them 5 minutes to get out the door because the dogs were not cooperating.

Did I mention there are surgical procedures going on here? I love dogs, miss my Great Danes like crazy, but I'm getting tired of so many thinking it's OK to haul your dog to every store, fill your cart with blankets so they're comfy while you buy milk and bread, sticking a dog in a baby carriage to fill some hole in your life while you shop at Walmart?! Come on people - at the doctor's office?!

How did anyone survive before "therapy pets"

I've got a cat I'm going to insist goes with me 24/7 now :rolleyes:View attachment 1589264

View attachment 1589265

View attachment 1589266
Is that dog missing its left eye?
I agree with you though...its okay to bring a dog to Petco, or to the park, hell even if they go into a store or 2 (so they are not left alone in the car) that is fine. But surgical procedures is just wrong, it isnt even a matter of right or wrong its a civic act of respect.

I do love animals though and am super soft for all sorts of animals. I also cant stand the people who get all butt-hurt when you go to pet or greet the dog. Its like UMMMMM if you dont want your dog approached, leave it home.

Is that dog missing its left eye?
I agree with you though...its okay to bring a dog to Petco, or to the park, hell even if they go into a store or 2 (so they are not left alone in the car) that is fine. But surgical procedures is just wrong, it isnt even a matter of right or wrong its a civic act of respect.

I do love animals though and am super soft for all sorts of animals. I also cant stand the people who get all butt-hurt when you go to pet or greet the dog. Its like UMMMMM if you dont want your dog approached, leave it home.

Yep, one-eyed...and I included the pic of her standing on the lease because they aren't trained as assistant dogs, but I'm sure that's what they said they were.

I love animals, save everything I run across. I just think it's gotten REALLY out of hand.

It's because people are more selfish and inconsiderate now, and it's getting worse. The idea that just because you can, doesn't mean you should no longer applies.
I concur 100%
People today have a sense of privilege and what they want is what they want and what everyone else wants is just too bad.

Keep your dogs at home where they belong unless they are a service dog.

Answer NO they don't. The other day I was in Denny's and a guy sat in the table next to me with a mutt in his lap sneezing constantly and ordered.
Next time I'm bringing my "therapy pony". He's only 16.2 hands. ;<)
I'm going through the Canadian VA to get my Hayabusa declared a therapy bike..I'll park it in the restaurant next to me.

I work at a college and my job putsme in a position to see all of the support animal crap that goes on. It's just mind blowing. We even have faculty that bring their dog into the office and classroom every day. If someone, as a person, is so fragile that that can't function without a support animal they need help and should seek it out.

Back