Check out my Surgical Implants NO not that kind

Macfast

Never Forgotten
Went to the Doctor the other day here are some pics of my implants to hold the scapula together. I am feeling a lot better than I did Doc says I have 6 more weeks before I may be able to go back to work.
Getting parts for the Busa rebuild
Will be at spring Bash no riding this year

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Now you'll beep every time you go thru security at the airport! :laugh:

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Jeeze Greg, that makes me hurt just looking at the pictures! Wishing you a speedy recovery, I know it is tough being off work for that long but relax and recover, got any favorite reading you want to catch up on?

I see your dob is 1959. Don't you know your to old to be gettin hurt like that.:laugh: Glad your doin better and by the way, 1957 here.

I'm like dmrowe, man that makes me hurt just lookin' at that... wish you a speedy healing so you can get back on the bike!!

Glad to hear your doing better!! We should start a club for those of us who have "implants" :laugh:

Here's mine.......

100_0180.jpg

Ok.....that's your neck!!! Ugggg shudder....you win!!! Legs, shoulders, arms are usual but NECKS!! Shudder times two!!!

Mac I know how it feels! Heal well and dont let it hold you back! I had to learn how to walk and ride again after mine accident! Mine happened on June 20th 2007. I had the rod and screws removed August 16th 2009. It felt better once removed.

kneerepair 001.jpg

kneerepair 002.jpg

knee 001.jpg

Last edited:
You guys make me feel better. I have been playing on the internet a lot looking for parts and stuff ,It may be true what they say misery loves company.
I would not wish the hurt on anyone and yes I have been thinking I'm a little old for this, But I love them motorsickles.
I have a great wife for putting up with my pasion for riding and taking care of me .
My son in law Joe has been the most helpful really a Godsend ,he was with me at the Bash really a great guy.
My best friend came over and put a new deck on my mower then the next week cut the grass fo me
The world is full of wonderfull people
Wear your gear it really works

Last edited:
Heal well! Heal fast! Do what feels good to you and move as much as you can slowly! It will help keep your muscles from getting weak and allow for a better recovery! Also eat well and take some supplements to assist in the bodies healing! Need any thing....just PM me!

Heal well! Heal fast! Do what feels good to you and move as much as you can slowly! It will help keep your muscles from getting weak and allow for a better recovery! Also eat well and take some supplements to assist in the bodies healing! Need any thing....just PM me!

Thanks That looks like a world a hurt you were in. How did it happen?
They can do amazing things piecing the body back together My plates will stay, have some others on left clavicle bone
Doc says no shooting rifles this year Double whammy for me riding and shooting
PT or as I call it The House of Pain is difficult the next is really the sore one
I will see ya next year on old blue for sure

glad to hear that you are feeling better and seeing as how we are sharing here is my hardware. Thankfully mine has been removed. :cheerleader: I could have sworn that I had a copy of my Xrays but here is a picture of the rods that were in my leg.

rods4.JPG

Mac my accident was from working on a friends 1984 Silver Wing. I had rebuilt the carbs and took it for a ride in my court which is about 1/16th of a mile long. On the return trip I felt a shudder in the handle bars and then it hooked left really hard at 15mph. All of the bikes weight landed on my left Knee.. lower tibia. I shattered it! Here is the picture of it! Once it shattered, I let loose of the bars and was dragged down the street another 20 feet. I was only 2 houses down from parking it for the evening to go out with my brother. The left front caliper got really hot and locked up. Corrosion on the left caliper sliders caused the brake to stick on.

damagedknee 003.jpg

Back