Just found out today...

TruWrecks

Banned
a disk in my spine!
wow.gif

My doctor wants me to get an MRI to confirm the damage. He said the feeling of pain shooting down my leg isn't normal. I tried the plee that "I'm not normal anyway", but my wife and the Doc would have it. I think I did it more than a month ago, but the pain just started getting really bad down one leg. I couldn't take it anymore.
AAAssjani.gif

The doctor said "NO heavy lifting or motorcycle riding until further notice!"
sad.gif
Now my wife is threatening to take away the keys to Diablobusa if I don't behave and do as I'm told, for a while anyway.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!

wow.gif
Dude... That's not good. But follow the doctors orders and take it real easy. Back stuff can drag on for years if you do not give it enough time to heal properly. Besides, much better to be leaving the Busa alone NOW and get healed up properly then to mess around and end up still damaged come spring and Summer.

yeppers...what Rev sez. Better to leave alone for a lil bit NOW rather than damage it and not be able to do it anymore.

Definitely take it easy.  A back injury is nothing to mess around with.  If your bike gets lonely, I'm sure you can find someone to take her out
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|billbell
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109845114 -->

Same thing happened to me a few years back~ Pain down my leg and what felt like a knot in my arse cheek~ Turned out I had two blown disks (L2 & 5) pinching a nerve and didn't even know it~ After a few of nerve blocking shots and some physical therapy I don't notice it very often anymore~ I find the riding position of the Busa really seems to help.. keeps my back more stretched out then sitting straight up and pounding your back on a rolling vibrator.. like some people like to ride~ So the moral of this story is...
Get it checked out now.. get the pain taken care of, and then let your sweetie know the Busa is actually great therapy!
cool.gif

Looks like we'll BOTH be just looking at the Busas for a while.

Sorry to hear about your back. Like the others said, follow the doctor's orders and do whatever it takes to get better. I've watched my Dad fight this battle for the last 30 years going through 3 surgeries and still having problems. He didn't listen to the doctors very well.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear it. I think your wife should take away the keys because the sirens song of the Busa can almost be too much to resist. Take it easy and hopefully you'll be ready before the summer kicks in full force.

Definitely do what the doctors say. There are many things that can go wrong with the body, but I the thoughts of surgery on my back just kills me. Think I'm afraid of the consequences if something went wrong.

Listen to the Doc, take it easy now so you can heal. You can always ride another day.

I feel your pain...damn, I hope it's not a disc problem though...
sad.gif

I was told that by two doctors months back...turns out it was just enough of a pinched sciatic nerve to ruin my life, but it took me out of the game and kept me drugged up on Lortab (a strong narcotic) for 4 months.  The chiropractor visits only helped temporarily, the physical therapy didn't work...just the drugs and TIME.

I missed every bit of fall riding...
sad.gif
I hope you don't miss out on much...

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>** time to confess that I'm not responsible for anything silly, stupid or odd said while doped up on Lortab...
tounge.gif
</span>

sad.gif

ooooooooooooooooh my... sorry to here that.
sad.gif
I feel for ya ... I have a buldging disk in my neck right now, been that way for about 2 months, pain & tingling down the right arm but I can still function just kinda inconvienient ...
blush.gif

Wishing a Quick recovery dude!

That sucks!! But you definately don't want to mess your back up any worse!! Hope it does take too long...

Thanks for the hope everyone. I definitely feel the love here!
smile.gif

The first Doc told me it's a sciatic nerve issue. 1 month later (last night), during a follow-up, the Doc had me flex my back forward and back to check range. I could almost touch my toes, but I couldn't flew backwards more than about 3-5 degrees before it felt like a jolt going down my left leg. That Doc said it's NOT sciatica, because the discomfort as time goes on, and flexing my back causes most of the pain.

This morning the sun is out and the weather is beautiful! Very tempting to ride, but I'm resisting.
cussing.gif

I'm going to go pout now!
sad.gif

I had 3 blown discs from a car wreck. Got these painful epidural shots every few months thet helped a little. It caused my sciatic nerve to hurt, too as well as my back. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and after a year of the chiropracter doing nothing, I got surgery. It was hell going thru the recovery but now I feel better than before. I'm back lifting in the gym and feel great. I'm glad I did it.

Back