Is this really necessary? Taking your DOG everywhere...

Seems to me like
rescue dogs know
they have been given
a second chance . . .

BDFBF210-D1FE-4B7D-A25B-9ED04C8AAA1A.jpeg

@Getn off - what's the craziest item you've seen someone try to bring on board? Almost afraid to ask, but I bet it's entertaining to say the least...

I remember a young woman on an early morning flight from Boston to Myrtle Beach about 5 years ago. While boarding at 5am I was standing at the cockpit door greeting folks. She was sitting in the first seat on the aircraft right aisle. She seemed absolutely normal to me, but she had a 200# great dane sitting at her feet with some kind of saddle gizmo on it. This was way before the comfort pet phenomena. When we landed in MYR, I again stood at the doorway and was saying goodbye. She wrapped herself around the dog and put her right arm into the saddle and walked away. Turns out she has severe MS and used the dog to walk! The dog was the perfect height to rest her arm and weight on and stumble out. She was tall, maybe 5'10-6'. It was pretty awesome actually.
I will say that at 5 am, every single person that came onboard actually jumped, and some screamed when they saw this horse sized dog sitting there!
Troy

That’s a perfect example.....:beerchug:

That lady needed the Great Dane in order function in the day to day world. Don’t have a problem with that whatsoever. The dog was probably trained and well behaved. However someone with more $$$ than brain cells probably seen that and thought “oh wow that’s cool!!!”

Next thing you know we have the peacock lady @ the Airport or someone trying to bring a Pony into Olive Garden!?!?!? :crazy:

Exactly, that is a great example of a service dog....plus, I have a huge soft spot for Great Danes having owned 4 of them now. Gentle giants, though I could never see training one that well. They are silly, gawky, awkward and do not know their own size. Best I could have ever hoped for was that mine would stop backing up to my lap and just opt to sit next to me on the sofa :laugh:

Man, makes me really miss my Danes...

You may have heard about a pony on board recently... Was not me, but it was my airline and I talked to one of the flight attendants on that flight. Lady brought a prize winning show miniture pony as a service animal! Smaller than some dogs, but fork-n-a, a forkin horse??!
I will admit, I take Lotus many places with me...some bars that cater to pets (Rock n brews, and others), Lowes, and of course Petsmart. Would love to bring her everywhere, but I'm not a self center A hole...well, not most of the time anyway!
Troy, and Lotus

Btw, she helps me around the house, including painting.
image.jpeg

Back