Cell Phone use DANGER to Riders

Hey Packa, seems to me you had a guy shoot a bunch of helpless people at a park or something not to long ago didn't you. The thought that crossed my mind was, if there had been just one armed citizen at that location, how may lives could have been saved. What you don't understand or hear about is how may lives are saved and property protected by armed citizens in this country, its in the millions. Its funny but these screwballs never go nuts at an NRA meeting or gun convention, I wonder why that is? For me, the most secure feeling in the world is to see the biker standing in line at Jack in the Box with his sidearm on his hip, which reminds me to get off my *** and go get my concealed carry next week. But the real point to all this, and the Second Amendment, is for the people to have the ability to protect themselves from there own government. The first thing Hitler did was to confiscate guns. Gee, I wonder why he did that? And all you guys that can't wait to see the government pass more laws to make us all safer, how are you going to feel when your Busa is outlawed. In fact, just think how safe we all would be and how many lives would be saved if "ALL" motorcycles were banned. I know Packa can't stand the thought of endangering others with his 200 mph missile and will want to be the first in line to hand his over.

Well sure enough we are into gun control and cell control issues.

A) I own guns for sport and recreation, and if i Lived in Phoenix you better believe I would be packing as well. A city with that many people and freaks running about. No I live in tight *** New England, where you are more likely to have your life threatened with some princess in a Range Rover shopping for the Holidays while she is scheduling her tennis court times or her caterer.

B) Automatic weapons are illegal for the average citizen in the US to own, you are watching Ricki Lake way TOO MUCH!

C) Cell phones don't kill people, idiots do!
Bike Cellular allows me to conduct business while out negotiating a contract or bidding a job. The AutoCom and Motorola StarTac work very well plugged into an Arai full bucket.
People don't believe you when they ask you where you are, and you say "riding". Don't knock it, it's freedom from a desk and a Truck/Car. Let some jerk try to run me off the road with a car while riding the bike and 911 is only a touch away. With the way these companies are giving away free week end air time, it makes the cheesy communicators look like junk.

Support the NRA, before these idiot politicians ruin our country.

Bike Phone also offers safety to the "Bike Jacker" who is leaking all over the road, with a fast response the EMT's might even save his life! - That was for Todd and FC.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 19 December 1999).]

I am in agreement with FalconCop that there are cell phone users whom are inconsiderate when using the device and driving. I disagree that cell phone use while driving should be outlawed.

This does not mean that I don't care about safety as I have been on the receiving end of imminent accidents due to another vehicle operator's ignorance while using their phone and driving.

I would have to agree with the correspondandt whom said that all bikers, drivers and all persons in general should exercise total caution when on the road and act like others do not know what they are doing. Defensive driving has saved more lives than you or I will ever know.

If all the laws proposed in the name of safety passed without due dilligence in their possible consequences, we would all need permits to wake up and get out of bed.

As far as firearms safety goes I am sure that packa can seek out other forums on this world wide web to discuss this with, pro or con, for or against. I believe we should all stick to 'busa and bike info as much as possible.
Although I will say, since it was brought up, "Nice Job Squid Vicious !!!" This is the U.S. of A. and the right to defend yourself should not be more prevalent anywhere else. If you had not done what you did I would not have had the pleasure of reading your previous statement but would probably be reading your name off of some mortality report due to illegal gun possesion and illegal acts resulting in that possesion.

Last analysis I saw demonstrated that drivers using a cell phone (while trying to drive) were as likely to cause an accident as a drunk driver. My wife wouldn't like a law like this but I wouldn't mind. The cell phone drivers I've been behind are just too distacted and unaware of what is happening around them. (sorta like drunk drivers!) Look for my state to be one of the last to do something so sensible.

Packa, if you judge America by what you see on Rickey Lake, then people shouldn't be allowed to own guns, drive cars or ride bikes, talk on cell phones, or go outside. That's, like, the bottom of the barrel, you know what I'm saying, Dude?? :) LOL

Lots of freedom is fine for the majority of people out there. I like the fact that I can do something you can't do...I own two firearms, safety is priority #1. I've spent time in Australia, you have a nice country, but I'd rather live here. Intelligent, cool people are fine with things like cell phones, firearms and fast bikes. It's the morons you see on Rickey Lake who spoil it for the rest of us.

Yea the cell phone thing is cool but...
If you are not allowed to ride between cars, split traffic, ride the white lines in your state, pass that law. I love it.

Packa spouts off without knowledge or coherent thought. He's never been to America but he's sure America sucks. That's called envy. He probably wishes he could own a gun but he can't. A sportbike can be a weapon too. If his gov't decides to take that away from him, he'll say "Okay, anything you say, I am a sheep and do exactly what I am told".

So he feels some strength by ranting and insulting people on his computer...until the power which controls his life, the government or his wife, takes that away from him too.

He doesn't know about America, and he probably doesn't know about bikes. Packa, I saw your pics at the ZX-12 site; that's an impressive belly you have. If you knew about bikes, you would know how to make them faster. I'll give you a hint...lose some weight, you pathetic tub of lard. What happened to you Packa, did your wifee have your testicles removed?

Hey Packa... In spite of what you see on TV I have lived in the US for 53 years. I've been a lot of places all across the country. I've never been shot at (in the US), never witnessed a gun fight, never even close. Remember there are220 million of us. Perhaps a 1000 use guns illegally, but of course they get ALL the media attention.

Once again I agree with FalconCop (omigod is this happening) that cell phones while underway and any activity that is distracting is dangerous to bikers.

Let me get My Cell phone and get this Packa Guy Packin.

This is America,,it's never gonna change,,get rid of 250 million Guns Never happen. Guns & lowlives keeps me & my business jumpin.

G'day Dopey

161 ®

Okay Fudge Packa!

Your country has an advantage of being a glass bowl of sorts...it is its own continent as well as only one country. That insulates Aus from the rest of the world in many ways. Of course your country will never be much of a factor in world events either...a veritable pimple on the behind of world affairs.

But we the USA, meaning my Grandfather and the US Navy, SAVED your asses from the Japanese 50 years ago. Your whole 7,000-man regular army was in North Africa with the British, fighting Rommel. You had absolutely no defense except for the Americans and our guns, which protected you...DON'T EVER FORGET IT...we saved your naked butts!!!

Go back to the ZX-12 board and stir up your garbage there, you stupid Pommie. You would be an embarassment to Australia if you ever showed up on the Rickey Lake show...and stop rotting your weak brain watching such garbage.

What Cisco said up above a few. I hate Nazis from Illinois, Berlin, Washington or anywhere else and I like having guns in my house and a shiv on my person to shoot'em or carve'em if they come snoopin' around my life.

Holy shite Mr Bear where you been hiding all that attitude these past months? Killer instinct coming to the fore the past little while. Gawd I was covering my nuts reading that last post! Glad to see it (even tho I may not agree with all you're saying), 'cause I was wondering how such an all around nice guy got so far in athletic competition.

Now I know.

asubayah, aggressive, violent, irate ? no
ive actually been having a great time exchanging post with you all. lol

kawabuser, a greenie ? no
im anything but, i pour my used oil down the sink, and live in a house made of wood, same as you no doubt. lol

mr bear (now this one really, really hurt) fat ? lol
you sit in a wheelchair for 12 months and see what happens to you mr bear, you receive permanent damage to your back which prevents you from exercising and see what happens mr bear, you spend three years of your life recovering from a crash which could have killed and see what happens mr bear. lol

at the time of my accident i was 10 kilos over the recomended weight for my frame.

you think i was fat in those pictures lol you should see me now, im even fatter 150 kilos.

i dare you to start a thread about how pathetic and discusting fat people are.
go on do it mr bear.

america is where fat people were invented.

bob, merry christmas and a happy new year, 2000 no less, i never assumed all americans were like the ones on ricky go ricky go ricky, my supreme compliments for being smart enough to know a flame/game when you see one.

own a gun ? i can if i want, just not one that can kill hundreds in seconds. i need to take plenty of ammo and reload, reload, reload. lol

if a criminal walks into my house and puts a gun to my head, first i tell him/her take what you like, im insured.

if he/she still wants to kill me, i use my zx12r ninja powers and karate kick him/her to the head.

if that doesnt work and he/she still wants to kill me
i look him/her in the eye and i take it like a man, knowing full well that when its my time to die, then its my time, and nothing can change that.

wise man once said "not even an eyelid would lift if god did not will it"

mr bear youll be happy to know that after the new year, after all the parties and dinners, i am going on a full scale weight loss program.

im not doing it for you or anybody else, im doing it for the well being of my injured back now and 50 years from now.

all of the people that have replied to my post, id like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy year 2000, it has been fun.

i will be away for a while, im going interstate for a holiday with my family.

so you can hang more crap on me when i get back.

i will make sure that i give you plenty of reason to.

your good mate
packa

(they hate that)

oh and you all

I AM SAFE

firstly mr bear my forfathers were scots.
i am an aussie i was born here.
i am proud of both backgrounds.

falcon cop that smile will soon come of your face when you pull someone over and he shoots you dead, keeps you in buisness eh, from what ive read on these boards your supposed to be smart. but you dont live up to what ive read.

jim jib the shooting that you speak of, caused the law to be past that now bans the use and ownership of automatic weapons, us stupid aussies who live in the arse end of the world, learn from our mistakes.

wanker todd as you shall now become known, if you re-read your response to my above post, the name calling and personal attacks first came from you, packa clown !

maybe i feel
THE TRUTH HURTS
america sucks

living in fear
not here

your good mate
packa

p.s. dont drink fosters, i live in victoria, i drink victoria bitter, its good stuff.

as for the person who suggested i go back to the zx12r web boards and post there.
i will post where i like, i do not fear your insults, where i am your guns can not hurt me.

I AM SAFE

Packa,,I'll Cover you with My MP-5 While you're fighting off those monkey-men Aborigine, with your Boomerang.

America may not be perfect,,But it's the ****ing Best !!

Bear, Good Call,,We ARE the biggest Gun Around,,Proud to Serve and protect it too.

161 ®

has anyone ever heard of an anzac ?

bigest gun eh ?

point a nuclear warhead at all the major powers, and then declare the world safe. ?

you may be the biggest gun.
but can you use it ?

john holmes had a big **** a lot of good it did him, theres only so much **** you can put in.

and theres only so much gun you can use. !

i am happy if thats the type of world you like to live in, just dont bring it over here.

best wishes

your good mate
packa

Packa, the whole point of having power is to not use it (Pliny).

Best of luck on your recovery and my compliments on your attitude toward it.

It must be hell.

merry chistams
dirty pete

did you like my post to the false dirty pete on the zx12r boards ?
lol

your good mate
packa

p.s. im also a vegitarian all and i have been for about 8 years.
i dont support the killing of animals for food or sport.
now

DO YOU WANT TO GO THERE ?

LOL

i just cooked up a wicked curry to make pies with.

Back