--Cell Phones--

quazy

Registered
Thought all you cell phone users would want to check this one out. :tounge:

I don't know if you've heard, but starting Nov. 1, 2003 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a boom microphone for my cell phone.

I have come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot. These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid $0.03 each because I bought in quantity. I'm selling them for $1.00. I tried them out on Erickson, Motorola, & Nokia Sprint PCS phones and they worked perfectly. Take a look and let me know if you want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
good idea. However, if this law is universal, i'm afraid that it will lead to "just one more thing" for cagers to mess with while driving. Chris

:eek: Wait! let me look... Oh yesss...I have one of those already!

Yeah, thats what I have been looking for... Do they come in a variety of colors?

I can do something similar with my 3/4 helmet when I ride my VTX. I just jam the phone in the helmet, works great with my windshield because it blocks out all the wind noise. A little harder to hear now since I pulled out my baffles!!

I know it is a law in NY.

In AZ it currently is not.

Not sure about the future, but we don't have a helmet law here either.

Its a good law ONLY IF they also outlaw all makeup, newspapers, friends, radios, kids, food and that hot chick in the Mustang driving next to you since they are all distractions from driving.

I read some study that said talking on a cell phone was no less dristracting than talking to someone else in the car, and that a handsfree kit does not eliminate that distraction.

I've got a big head. That wont leave a mark when I take it off will it? Because I can't get to my destination with a red ring around my hole head......... :super:

Its a good law ONLY IF they also outlaw all makeup, newspapers, friends, radios, kids, food and that hot chick in the Mustang driving next to you since they are all distractions from driving.

I read some study that said talking on a cell phone was no less dristracting than talking to someone else in the car, and that a handsfree kit does not eliminate that distraction.
I am not a proponent of any un-necessary legislation, including this law. But you cannot agrue that someone holding a phone to their ear can react as fast or see as much (Peripheral vision) as someone w/o the cell.

I am not a proponent of any un-necessary legislation, including this law.  But you cannot agrue that someone holding a phone to their ear can react as fast or see as much (Peripheral vision) as someone w/o the cell.
I can argue whatever I want, but I won't.

True, holding the phone would make it harder to react quickly, I think the study meant that just talking on the phone was the main distraction. I should have said that too, but the funny thing is that a cheeseburger can be just as deadly :)

Back